Home

anyone else dislike reservoir dogs?

Posted By: finsnasty84

anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 10/13/06 10:13 PM

Am I the only one who has seen reservoir dogs and not liked it one bit. I just think the movie is confusing and doesnt have much to make you understand who, what and why these things r happening.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 10/14/06 07:10 AM

Despite its excellent cast, I didn't like it for the reasons you stated. I thought Tarantino got carried away with his own importance.
Posted By: BDuff

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 10/15/06 01:21 AM

I didn't think Reservoir Dogs was hard to understand. It's about a botched robbery with an undercover cop involved. Buscemi and Keitel were exellent as Mr. Pink and Mr. White, everyone else is so-so. I've always liked the film since it gives something different that most cops and robbers films don't.
Posted By: Jimmy Buffer

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 10/28/06 03:46 PM

I thought it was an alright film. Not one I could watch over and over, but it's alright to break open every 4-5 years on a boring night.

The only thing I didn't understand was how the mob boss's son got shot at the end. If I remember correctly, Mr. White pointed the gun at the boss, the boss pointed the gun at Mr. Orange, the son pointed the gun at Mr. White and everyone shot. So how did the son die?
Posted By: scarfacefan

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 10/28/06 10:26 PM

^^Mr. White shot the mob boss as well as his son

I think it's a great film and easy to understand. But still not one I can watch over and over again all the time.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 10/29/06 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Despite its excellent cast, I didn't like it for the reasons you stated. I thought Tarantino got carried away with his own importance.
Even with it being his debut feature and everything?

I think it's an incredibly intense film which develops from the centre and works its way out until it explodes.
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 11/01/06 12:23 PM

I loved it. I think it was a very well acted, well directed and well written film. And at the time it was released it was very unique.
Posted By: FrankWhite

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 11/13/06 08:45 PM

This is one of the best heist films EVER... 'Tino did an incredible job of making you (the audience) "feel" for and pick on of the Mr.'s as their own reference.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 12/18/06 03:12 AM

I loved it, it was done greatly. I'm not sure which I like more: RD or Pulp Fiction. It has it's own style. I guess different viewers have different perceptions of the film and it's complexity, but I thought it was easy to understand.
Posted By: ability

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 12/19/06 10:59 PM

I never thought 'Reservoir Dogs' was hard to understand, and in fact find the film enjoyable overall. Not Tarantino's best, but a damn fine film overall.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 12/27/06 03:57 PM

My wife hates it!
Posted By: goombah

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 12/28/06 08:02 PM

I never cared for it either. I know that I'm in the minority, but I also thought "Pulp Fiction" was a lousy and overrated film too.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 12/29/06 04:14 AM

I never saw RD but I agree with you Goombah on Pulp Fiction. I didn't like it and think it's overrated as well.

TIS
Posted By: DonPacino

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 02/19/07 11:13 PM

I really enjoyed both RD and Pulp Fiction.
Posted By: manicmontana

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 02/19/07 11:15 PM

i like R D but not as much as pulp fiction or tarantino's other movies for that matter
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: anyone else dislike reservoir dogs? - 02/19/07 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: goombah
I never cared for it either. I know that I'm in the minority, but I also thought "Pulp Fiction" was a lousy and overrated film too.

I was like that at first,its one of those films that you have to watch 2,3 times to understand the film fully..
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET