Home

Goodfellas question

Posted By: Tom

Goodfellas question - 04/20/06 05:23 AM

Can someone tell the song being played when the mailman is in the oven?

-thanks
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Goodfellas question - 04/20/06 10:55 PM

The song is "Hearts of Stone" by Otis Williams and the Charms, an early Fifties doo-wop group.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Goodfellas question - 04/21/06 03:18 AM

good song.thanks Turnbull.

Re: Goodfellas question - 04/21/06 05:51 PM

"Goodfellas" sound track is full of good songs. "Mean Streets" soundtrack is even better. Scorsese's a major doo-wop and R&R fan. He also knows opera. "Mean Streets" starts with the famous and familiar Intermezzo from Mascagni's "Cavalleria Rusticana" (heard at the end of GFIII). But he adds snippets from two seldom-performed Mascagni operas later--the Barcarolle from "Silvano," and the Intermezzo from "Guglielmo Ratcliffe."
Posted By: SC

Re: Goodfellas question - 04/21/06 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
"Goodfellas" sound track is full of good songs. "Mean Streets" soundtrack is even better.
"A Bronx Tale" has a great soundtrack, as well.

Its amazing, considering that I remember many of the songs from their original releases, that when I hear one of the songs from these movies that I immediately think of the scene (from the movie) instead of having a memory from many years before (when the songs were on the charts).

Re: Goodfellas question - 04/21/06 07:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SC:
"A Bronx Tale" has a great soundtrack, as well.;

Yes indeed! "Bronx Tale" is full of truly amazingly authentic touches. It's almost as if DeNiro wanted to outdo his directorial mentor.

Its amazing, considering that I remember many of the songs from their original releases, that when I hear one of the songs from these movies that I immediately think of the scene (from the movie) instead of having a memory from many years before (when the songs were on the charts).

I can't prove this, but I believe that when you're an adolescent, your memory for songs is at its peak. I say that because everyone I talk to--even people who aren't into music now--remembers songs from their adolescence to the nth detail.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET