Home

Jimmy the Gent killings

Posted By: goombah

Jimmy the Gent killings - 03/21/06 01:40 AM

With apologies if this has been posted before pertaining to "Goodfellas."

I don't know why I never thought of this before, but who gave Jimmy Conway permission to start killing all of the Lufthansa crew? I know all of the men weren't "made" guys, but I would think that one or two may have been? And since Jimmy could never be made because of his Irish heritage, how did he get away with whacking guys from Mafia crews? Somehow I can't imagine Paulie giving Jimmy the permission to whack all of those guys...
Posted By: the mattress

Re: Jimmy the Gent killings - 03/23/06 01:46 AM

was wondering this myself, maybe the guys were so far down the ladder that paulie didnt care? or maybe jimmy was such a good earner that paulie didnt want to make any waves?

can anyone shed any light on this?
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Jimmy the Gent killings - 03/23/06 03:42 AM

well, the explanation given in the movie was Jimmy simply didn't want to pay them the money due to them. Such an interesting question, but I'm sure Jimmy had enough respect that no one would question him for killing his own crew that pulled off Lufthansa heist.
Posted By: weran_everything

Re: Jimmy the Gent killings - 03/23/06 04:14 AM

I'm sure if Jimmy asked Capo Paul Vario, he would of ok'ed it because of the increasing heat on the Lufthansa incident, but I think since Jimmy hired the guys for the job, or picked them that it was his responsibilty to take care of them, whether to pay them their share or to kill them.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Jimmy the Gent killings - 03/24/06 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by weran_everything:
I'm sure if Jimmy asked Capo Paul Vario, he would of ok'ed it because of the increasing heat on the Lufthansa incident, but I think since Jimmy hired the guys for the job, or picked them that it was his responsibilty to take care of them, whether to pay them their share or to kill them.
So is that something I missed? None of the guys from the heist were made men? Obviously Stax Edwards was not, but some of the others looked to be.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET