Home

Some Animated Gangster Movie Avatars...

Posted By: Stylistic

Some Animated Gangster Movie Avatars... - 11/20/05 02:01 AM

If anyone is interested in any animated gif avatars from The Godfather 1 and 2 or Goodfellas, just request them here and I can hook it up.

Heres a few I made in the meantime...

Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Some Animated Gangster Movie Avatars... - 11/20/05 06:29 AM

Those are very nice, indeed!

However, this site only allows Avatars that are 64x64 (I may raise it to 72x72 in the future), and that load up quickly for dial-up users (for now, until most people enter the 21st Century ) Certainly, 2MB avatars won't cut it here.

So keep that in mind - 64x64 or 72x72 (square!) and less than 50k (less than 5k if I'm hosting it)... because this site is about content, not flashy graphics (obviously )

But again, very impressive.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Some Animated Gangster Movie Avatars... - 11/20/05 08:04 AM

Stylistic, those are very nice indeed.
How did you make them? You can see my avatar, it didn't turn out all that great. First of all I had to remove the color and remove some frames to keep it small. But the main problem I faced was in capturing frames. Since I did not have any software that did it, I had to do screen capture. But with that there is a lot of error and consecutive frames differ by a substantial number of pixels. This too added to the size.

If you can make a < 50KB color/ BW animated avatar of Pentangeli from the final scene with Tom when he says "Corleone family was like Roman Empire", that would be great. But don't bother if it is going to take a lot of effort.
Thanks,
Svsg

Re: Some Animated Gangster Movie Avatars... - 11/20/05 03:02 PM

Ah Ok Geoff, thats too bad because I have a bunch of great gifs from those movies. If you could up the size limit im sure that would open the door to have alot of good stuff as avatars. I think the new age of things means that most people shouldnt be on dialup anymore! lol

Svsg, I make these using Adobe Imageready, what I do is I cut out from the movie file a small clip of the part that I want to make a gif of, then I import it to the program and create it that way.

Although a 50kb size avi may be a little hard to do, since I have DVD quality vids and that would come out very small and grainy, but I can try it.

Re: Some Animated Gangster Movie Avatars... - 11/20/05 06:10 PM

Heres another good one...if you can't use these on this site, I'm sure you can save them and make use of them somewhere else. Enjoy!

Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Some Animated Gangster Movie Avatars... - 11/20/05 08:20 PM

Have the Santino death scene from GFI? Or how about the death scene of Moe Green?
Posted By: Don Schulini

Re: Some Animated Gangster Movie Avatars... - 11/29/05 03:35 PM

Could you make one of young Vito slicing up old Don Ciccio?

Re: Some Animated Gangster Movie Avatars... - 12/03/05 04:10 AM

I posted that one right above Tony Love's post, don't see it?
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: Some Animated Gangster Movie Avatars... - 12/12/05 03:00 PM

An chance of some Scarface ones?
Posted By: Don Schulini

Re: Some Animated Gangster Movie Avatars... - 12/16/05 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stylistic:

I posted that one right above Tony Love's post, don't see it?
Ah, see it now. Sorry!
Posted By: E Lucky R

Re: Some Animated Gangster Movie Avatars... - 12/20/05 03:38 AM

Here some more: http://www.scusa.com/avatars.htm
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET