Home

Narc

Posted By: DonColletti

Narc - 01/12/03 08:53 PM

I just saw this movie Friday night. It's the new movie with Ray Liota. I thought it was great, since he hasn't done a good movie in a while...
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Narc - 01/12/03 10:05 PM

Yeah its been getting rave reviews and if its half as good as G.O.N.Y. (I know they're two completely different films) it should be very entertaining.
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Narc - 01/12/03 10:28 PM

Yeah, it looks great. I wanna see it really bad, but I also wanna see Gangs Of New York. Of course, lack of money has prevented from from seeing a movie at the theaters in YEARS.
Posted By: THe ProFeSSioNaL

Re: Narc - 01/12/03 10:29 PM

I wanted to see this movie..I'm glad to here it's a good film..
Posted By: Don Mercado

Re: Narc - 01/12/03 11:37 PM

yeah same here i wanted to go see NARC aswell its look like a good movie
Posted By: Luca Brasi

Re: Narc - 01/16/03 01:21 PM

I saw the trailer for the movie and the plot seems so obvious one cop loses his partner and seeks revenge on the perps who did it. He breaks all the rules to avenge his partner's death or is corrupt himself and brings in a new rookie who has a conscience. Which in the end the rookie brings him down or shoots and kills him in self defense.

Am I close to being right? (without spoiling it for me and others)
Posted By: howardsternisgod

Re: Narc - 01/23/03 12:32 AM

You're close, that's all I'll say. I thought it was a decent movie because I love Ray Liotta, but there could have been some changes made. It was good, but not ridiculously great.
Posted By: Domenico Clericuzio

Re: Narc - 01/23/03 12:58 AM

yeah I wanna see it. What other movies has Ray been in.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Narc - 01/23/03 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Domenico Clericuzio:
yeah I wanna see it. What other movies has Ray been in.
Field of Dreams, Goodfellas, Cop Land, The Rat Pack and Blow to name a few.
Posted By: UK_Don

Re: Narc - 04/06/03 10:39 PM

I REALLY wanted to see this when it came out in the UK, but nowhere was showing it except one cinema which put it on at 11.50pm for ONE WEEKEND and then dropped it. I was gutted!

Can't wait for the DVD release of it.

(Sorry that this is so late, i've been having trouble logging on)

By the way, talking of the Rat Pack, what do you think of it? I have taped it tonight, coincidentally.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Narc - 04/06/03 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by UK_Don:
I REALLY wanted to see this when it came out in the UK, but nowhere was showing it except one cinema which put it on at 11.50pm for ONE WEEKEND and then dropped it. I was gutted!

Same here! Nowhere was showing it here in the UK, at least not "in all theatres near you!"

mick
Posted By: GAMBINO

Re: Narc - 04/06/03 11:25 PM

I've seen NARC. From my point of view... it's a good movie, with couple of violent scenes... nothing we can't handle NARC is a hard and cold movie about Detroit narcotics detectives.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Narc - 04/08/03 03:07 AM

A great movie with a great performance from Liotta. Great Flick!
Posted By: Omar Suarez

Re: Narc - 06/18/03 03:33 AM

I just rented it today and watched it (I was the first person to rent it at my local BlockBuster ), and I must say I really liked it. I liked the direction (it reminded me of 'The French Connection), and I thought Liotta gave a great performance, worthy of an oscar nomination. It also had a " double " twist in the end. Check it out.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Narc - 06/18/03 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Omar Suarez:
I liked the direction (it reminded me of 'The French Connection),
I must see this!!!! Omar, all you needed to say was that the directing was like that of TFC, and liking it would have been inevitable without saying so, right!?

Mick
Posted By: UK_Don

Re: Narc - 06/18/03 03:58 PM

I ordered the region one disc on play.com yesterday so fingers crossed it will be with me by the end of the week.

Quality...
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: Narc - 06/19/03 04:10 AM

I picked up NARC yesterday(tuesday)and watched it this morning,this movie KICKS ASS!!!! I didnt go to see it at the theater just because I rarely go to the movies,I'd rather just watch them at my house. Ray Liota and Jason Patrick work well together. It's one of the best movies that I've seen in a while.
Posted By: Cybershmuck

Re: Narc - 09/27/04 08:18 PM

^^ yea true. It's becoming one of my favourite movies. Ray Liota's performance was absolutely electrifying. IMHO better than Goodfellas

Have not seen a movie that was so intense and pumped up in years !
Posted By: QTN

Re: Narc - 09/29/04 05:25 AM

NARC is a good movie, and its unique in retrospect that the filmmakers of NARC actually ran out of their allocated budget, and the crew was ready to leave unless they were paid(which as I just said the producers ran out of money) but the director, Carnahan, convinced them to stay somehow and was able to finish the picture.

But the real question is....whats the better corrupt cop-revenge flick.......NARC or the 80's classic, William Friedkin's TO LIVE & DIE IN LA?
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Narc - 09/29/04 10:03 AM

I would hardly call "To Live and Die in LA" a classic by any meaning. Mediocre cop movie. Only watch this if you like Willem Dafoe because his scenes are gold.

6/10
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET