Home

Is There any good books on Dutch Shultz?

Posted By: DonPalentino

Is There any good books on Dutch Shultz? - 04/13/02 04:21 PM

I cant find any books on the guy at Boarders.
So any help would be great. Thanks

Re: Is There any good books on Dutch Shultz? - 04/14/02 01:53 AM

I think I found a book its called "Kill The Dutchman" it looked pretty good so I bought it.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Is There any good books on Dutch Shultz? - 04/14/02 12:49 PM

Sorry no one could help you. I've nevr found any books on the Dutchman. I like his story, he was a crazy man. You seen his eyes in real life. He looks quite normal but you can tell he's got some menacing in him. All the information i've gathered about Flegenheimer has been from CrimeLibrary.com. I can't praise this site enough. And Also from the Biography channel uk.
Posted By: Don Munoz

Re: Is There any good books on Dutch Shultz? - 04/14/02 02:53 PM

Yeah, Crimelibrary.com is an excellent website. Tons of info. Heres a shortcut to their biography of Dutch Schultz:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/gangsters/schultz/

Re: Is There any good books on Dutch Shultz? - 04/14/02 03:28 PM

thanks guys.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Is There any good books on Dutch Shultz? - 04/14/02 04:10 PM

If you're not satisfied with any non-fiction that you find on Schultz, you could try E.L. Doctorow's novel, "Billy Bathgate," which contains many factual threads. This was an ok (not great) movie, too--enlivened by a superb performance by Dustin Hoffman as Schultz.
Posted By: donfabrizio

Re: Is There any good books on Dutch Shultz? - 04/17/02 01:07 PM

Yeah, the Dustin's performance is good, as usual, but the movie stay bad anyway...

The thing who gets me mad, it's the fictionnal caracter of Billy Bathgate... and Lucky Luciano who's handsome, beautiful and all... that's so fake to me...

They're should make another movie on this lucky's capo, really...
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Is There any good books on Dutch Shultz? - 04/17/02 02:35 PM

anyone saw "The Outfit"?
i saw an LD and planning to buy it, this is the story of Legs Diamond and Dutch Schultz. starring Lance Henriksen, Billy Drago. . .
is this a "good buy" or "goodbye"?
grazie!

GoodFella
Posted By: Don Munoz

Re: Is There any good books on Dutch Shultz? - 04/17/02 11:17 PM

Theres also a movie called Hoodlum starring Laurence Fishburne, Andy Garcia as Lucky Luciano, and Tim Roth as Dutch Schult. I saw this awhile ago, it was a decent movie. Garcia did a great job, as did Roth and Fishburne.

Re: Is There any good books on Dutch Shultz? - 04/18/02 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Munoz:
Theres also a movie called Hoodlum starring Laurence Fishburne, Andy Garcia as Lucky Luciano, and Tim Roth as Dutch Schult. I saw this awhile ago, it was a decent movie. Garcia did a great job, as did Roth and Fishburne.
That movie was pretty good. It took a couple times watching it for me to like it. If that makes any sense
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET