Home

A Bronx Tale

Posted By: Liz_85

A Bronx Tale - 02/10/02 01:18 AM

At the end of the movie when C asks Carmine if the fight that he had at the beginning of the movie was really over a parking space, Carmine answers no. So does anyone know what the fight was really over?
Posted By: Tyler Durden

Re: A Bronx Tale - 02/10/02 02:08 AM

The Fight Was Over Respect.

Re: A Bronx Tale - 02/10/02 02:50 AM

What do you mean over respect?

Re: A Bronx Tale - 02/10/02 04:52 AM

Okay, I get all that. So do you mean Carmine wasn't respected because some guy tried to take his parking space, or is there a whole other issue I'm missing entirely?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: A Bronx Tale - 02/10/02 06:08 AM

Any "climber" in the organization who wants to get ahead can never let any insult, any disagreement, go against him. Violence done by him, or on his behalf, earns "respect," such as it is, more likely fear. As Sonny said to C earlier, it's better to be feared than loved. Carmine apparently was a "climber." He told C after Sonny's death, "I'm gonna be lookin' after things here now." He couldn't have walked in and taken over Sonny's role unless he was respected--feared. That's why whatever lead to the windshield-smashing incident earlier had to be acted on.

Re: A Bronx Tale - 02/11/02 05:54 AM

Ah okay, it makes sense now. I rewatched the movie last night so I get what's going on.
Thanks everyone
Posted By: Vito Andolini

Re: A Bronx Tale - 02/26/02 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz_85:
At the end of the movie when C asks Carmine if the fight that he had at the beginning of the movie was really over a parking space, Carmine answers no. So does anyone know what the fight was really over?
You'll understand when you're older.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: A Bronx Tale - 02/27/02 02:10 AM

You know I didn't get the feeling that he was a climber. I felt that he was a boss of another Crew of the family....I may be wrong.

Re: A Bronx Tale - 02/28/02 08:56 AM

[/QUOTE]You'll understand when you're older.[/QB][/QUOTE]
So what do you mean? I'm totally naive because I'm only 16?
Posted By: Sermanni

Re: A Bronx Tale - 02/28/02 02:59 PM

I think that was a great film, but the only thing that was bad was the way Calogero ran. It was cringeworthy!
Posted By: Knocc Out

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/03/02 11:21 PM

i jsut saw this for first time the other day, i was impressed n all, but not oveerwhelmed
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET