Home

Mob movie recommendations???

Posted By: RushStreet

Mob movie recommendations??? - 02/09/23 05:03 PM

What movies have you seen that you could recommend I check out. I know there were a few that came out in the 2000's that looks pretty good such as "This Thing of Ours." Yes I know it is a B movie but its cool to have something like that for a rainy day at home.

Anyone have anything that you have seen you think is worth watching?
Posted By: Malavita

Re: Mob movie recommendations??? - 02/10/23 09:47 AM

As far as B movies go, i would recommend Chicago Overcoat and By the Gun (Patriarca Family).

If you want to watch some good Italian mob movies, i would recommend Anime Nere (to me, it's the best movie about the N'Drangheta). Netflix also recently made a good movie called Il mio Nome e Vendetta.
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Mob movie recommendations??? - 02/11/23 10:31 PM

Don’t expect a full blown gangster movie, but more of a sober crime drama with a few nice bursts of violence set in 1980s New York. Loosely inspired by the infamous gas scam.

There’s even a character that is clearly based on Michael Franzese.
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Mob movie recommendations??? - 02/13/23 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by LuanKuci

Don’t expect a full blown gangster movie, but more of a sober crime drama with a few nice bursts of violence set in 1980s New York. Loosely inspired by the infamous gas scam.

There’s even a character that is clearly based on Michael Franzese.

That’s a great one, thank you!
Posted By: Havana

Re: Mob movie recommendations??? - 12/06/23 07:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHFO13tPeow&t=488s

"Crazy Joe"
Starring Peter Boyle as Joe Gallo

Starts with the Gallos kidnapping a Profaci underboss and a war until peace is made
Then Gallo winds up in prison and befriends black gangsters (Fred Williamson)
Comes out and is at odds with Colombo.Colombo gets shot.Gallo gets blamed
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Mob movie recommendations??? - 12/07/23 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Malavita
As far as B movies go, i would recommend Chicago Overcoat and By the Gun (Patriarca Family).

If you want to watch some good Italian mob movies, i would recommend Anime Nere (to me, it's the best movie about the N'Drangheta). Netflix also recently made a good movie called Il mio Nome e Vendetta.

What years does it follow the Patriarca’s?
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Mob movie recommendations??? - 12/08/23 12:09 AM

Which organization are you looking about.
LCN,
A History of Violence
Find me Guilty
Brooklyn Rules

Great Britain,
Layer Cake
Revolver

Russian,
Eastern Promises

Yakuza/Triads,
War

There is a lot more but I can not think of them that I missed or are from Italy, Japan, Australia, France ect.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Mob movie recommendations??? - 12/08/23 12:39 PM

"Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead" with Andy Garcia.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Mob movie recommendations??? - 12/21/23 08:06 PM

"The Brotherhood," (1968). Kirk Douglas as a Sicilian heritage Don in the US unwilling to adapt to modern Mob business methods, putting him at odds with his ambitious, modern-thinking younger brother (Alex Cord). Well acted.

"Honor thy Father" (1973"). TV movie based on Gay Talese's bio of the same name on Salvatore (Bill) Bonanno. Splendid cast for a low-budget film: Joseph Bologna as Bill; Brenda Vaccaro as his long-suffering wife Rosalie; Richard Castellano as his uncle; and the inimitable Raf Vallone as Joe Bonanno. This movie avoids all the "man of honor" BS that pollutes the Talese book and focuses on the "Banana War" and its pressures on family. Really good.

"Mafioso" (1963). Alberto Sordi stars as a Sicilian who immigrated to Milan, got a management position at the Fiat factory, married a blond, blue-eyed Northern Italian woman, Takes her and their two little girls for a long-postponed visit to his Sicilian village to meet his family for the first time. This is a truly hilarious comedy--until he gets sucked into a sinister, well-plottedl Mafia conspiracy. A great movie.
Posted By: Havana

Re: Mob movie recommendations??? - 12/24/23 06:57 PM

"The Valachi Papers"

Charles Bronson as Valachi

Last time I checked it was on You Tube
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Mob movie recommendations??? - 02/25/24 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Havana
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHFO13tPeow&t=488s

"Crazy Joe"
Starring Peter Boyle as Joe Gallo

Starts with the Gallos kidnapping a Profaci underboss and a war until peace is made
Then Gallo winds up in prison and befriends black gangsters (Fred Williamson)
Comes out and is at odds with Colombo.Colombo gets shot.Gallo gets blamed

Just saw this on Tubi. Not bad at all given the time it was made.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET