Home

“The Black Hand” book + future movie adaptation

Posted By: LuanKuci

“The Black Hand” book + future movie adaptation - 04/06/22 12:55 PM

Has anyone read this?

[Linked Image]

The Black Hand: The Epic War Between a Brilliant Detective and the Deadliest Secret Society in American History is a 2017 non-fiction book written by Irish American author Stephan Talty.

Given the book’s success among critics, Paramount Pictures announced in the same year that it had acquired the movie rights. Leonardo DiCaprio was slated to star as NYPD detective Joe Petrosino, the book’s protagonist.

https://deadline.com/2017/01/paramo...vie-appian-way-joe-petrosino-1201897908/

Posted By: Hollander

Re: “The Black Hand” book + future movie adaptation - 04/06/22 01:49 PM

DiCaprio was also developing a 1980s mafia drama for showtime. The drama examines the power the Wall Street era had on the mafia and the FBI.

And he had a project about the Pink Panthers the infamous glamorous jewel thieves.
Posted By: DetroitPartnership

Re: “The Black Hand” book + future movie adaptation - 04/18/22 04:45 PM

I prefer another Black Hand - Mexican mafia bio.
Posted By: jace

Re: “The Black Hand” book + future movie adaptation - 05/01/22 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by LuanKuci
Has anyone read this?

[Linked Image]

The Black Hand: The Epic War Between a Brilliant Detective and the Deadliest Secret Society in American History is a 2017 non-fiction book written by Irish American author Stephan Talty.

Given the book’s success among critics, Paramount Pictures announced in the same year that it had acquired the movie rights. Leonardo DiCaprio was slated to star as NYPD detective Joe Petrosino, the book’s protagonist.

https://deadline.com/2017/01/paramo...vie-appian-way-joe-petrosino-1201897908/

I read it, the book is basically and endorsement of police beating the crap out of anyone they want to. Irish-American author writes a book about Italian cops beating up Italians and people love it. It will make money. I have no respect for DiCaprio since he condemned Columbus Day last year.
Posted By: ThisGuyOverHere

Re: “The Black Hand” book + future movie adaptation - 06/11/22 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by DetroitPartnership
I prefer another Black Hand - Mexican mafia bio.

I agree. They should option that scumbag Boxer’s book for a series.
[Linked Image]
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET