Home

The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series

Posted By: DBCooper

The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series - 07/12/17 09:07 AM

This sound realy great:

The show paints a complex picture of the figures who ruled Bensonhurst’s streets in the 1980s. “The Sopranos was Jersey, it was more current — they were hiding out in malls to talk,” DeMeo said. “But this is the 80s, and it’s Brooklyn — guys are in front of social clubs, and kissing each other on the cheek in the streets. You could probably name a dozen notorious mobsters in Brooklyn at any time, that’s just the way it is.”

http://bklyner.com/photos-80s-mob-miniseries-films-bensonhursts-shuttered-vegas-diner/
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series - 07/21/17 02:50 PM

Looking forward to seeing it! Thanks for the link.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series - 07/21/17 06:46 PM

I have a feeling this show is going to be really bad and embarrassing to Italian-Americans.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series - 07/22/17 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
I have a feeling this show is going to be really bad and embarrassing to Italian-Americans.

If the movies this guy has on his resumé are any indication, it probably will be. That boxing movie he made was awful, so was Once upon a time in Brooklyn..

Re: The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series - 07/22/17 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

If the movies this guy has on his resumé are any indication, it probably will be. That boxing movie he made was awful, so was Once upon a time in Brooklyn..

Yeah, I hate to knock the guy because it seems as though he really wants to capture the old New York and the commaraderie of the Brooklyn guys. But, he gets all the WRONG actors that try way too hard. It's a little embarrassing to watch, don't you agree? I hope someone will help him out and advise him on how to make a good picture. He seems like a nice guy.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series - 07/24/17 01:09 AM

I have not seen this it's not out yet right? Did they shoot I mean use a site that supposed to be the 19 hole.on 14 Ave. the girls in that place would make passes to people that wandered in hopping their boy friends in there would kill them. That is what I thought when I first wandered in there with a new friend I first met in Brooklyn when I lived on 20th Ave somewhere around there. When we left he gets a shotgun out of his car and wants to kill everyone in the place. Walk and talks in malls was true. I did it at kings plaza when it first opened. The real DeMeo actually had control of that place and the old airport club across the street from it. The original security force they used was Kay security. Then the started their own security force. He got his guys in the place. A retired police guy named lanzilotti was hired to run it. He made the mistake of hiring my wife's uncle to help in. He was a Korean War guy and a Vietnam guy he was a machine gunner on a gun ship. Did a ton of tours in Vietnam then retired. He started to hire ex army guys and he hire me. Then he became the head of security when the ex cop left. Then I was bring in people every guy I brought in was a thief. We robbed everything that was not nailed down and some things that were. Stole a ton of Cadillac from that place. High jacked delivery truck even robbed an armoured car. Not me my pal nick davino did that. It was fun running that place.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series - 07/24/17 08:00 AM

Yeah, I hate to knock the guy because it seems as though he really wants to capture the old New York and the commaraderie of the Brooklyn guys. But, he gets all the WRONG actors that try way too hard. It's a little embarrassing to watch, don't you agree? I hope someone will help him out and advise him on how to make a good picture. He seems like a nice guy.

He's also going to play Gravano in the new Gotti movie where Travolta will play the lead. This could be his big break if the movie is a succes..
Posted By: tiger84

Re: The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series - 07/25/17 11:45 AM

yeah theres something about him and he just cant hit the right note it ends up being over acted and embarrasing to watch

Re: The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series - 07/29/17 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
I have not seen this it's not out yet right?

Nope, it's not out. I noticed that this guy Frank D'Angelo is making a film called The Neighborhood. Do you know who he is? Ask your buddy about this movie. See if he has heard of it. It's supposed to have a decent cast. Comes out in August according to IMDb.

Re: The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series - 07/30/17 05:14 PM

Footreads,
Never mind about the movie. I saw the trailer for it. N/G. Armand Assante is shooting his gun sideways lol. At first glance on IMDb it looked like it HAD potential with a decent cast but after seeing the trailer I have serious doubts.

Can't anybody make a decent mob flick nowadays? Geez

Trailer lol lol lol
https://youtu.be/siYD3CuhLmo

Re: The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series - 07/30/17 05:20 PM

@BillyB
I didn't realize he is playing Gravano in the Gotti movie.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series - 08/23/17 06:08 PM

When will that come out ?
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series - 08/31/17 12:28 AM

It looks like there are two different projects with the same name. One is a feature film - that's the one with big names and there's also a TV show called "The Neighborhood".

I could be wrong but when I looked it up on IMDB it showed two different casts.

Maybe at least ONE will be worth watching...fingers crossed.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: The Neigbourhood: New ’80s Mob Series - 08/31/17 02:13 AM

Already comparing it to the Sopranos makes me think it will be bad. David Chase's writing was on another level. It wasn't just the mob stuff. It was his cynical view of all mainstream American culture and politics. He tied a small slice of the Jersey mob universe to this cynicism, and it turned out to be a home run. There won't be another Sopranos.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET