Home

You think that there be another lcn tv show ?

Posted By: MeyerLansky

You think that there be another lcn tv show ? - 03/06/17 04:58 AM

You think that there be another lcn tv show ? (Like the sopranos)
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: You think that there be another lcn tv show ? - 03/06/17 10:22 AM

I've looked it up and there are some good shows coming up that I didn't know yet. This one about some kind of Scarpa story produced by Leo diCaprio:
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/leonardo-dicaprio-showtime-mafia-series-1201596997/

And this one with Sly Stallone, a mini-series based on Mario Puzo's book Omerta:
http://deadline.com/2016/04/sylvester-st...qua-1201745852/
Posted By: AllDay27

Re: You think that there be another lcn tv show ? - 03/06/17 05:32 PM

@Billy

The DiCaprio article is two years old. Don't think that show is still up for production anymore.

Same as the Wahlberg-Cocaine Cowboys movie that was going to be a series. They own the story rights and have the project ready to make, but are not finding production for them.

Re: You think that there be another lcn tv show ? - 03/06/17 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: AllDay27
@Billy

The DiCaprio article is two years old. Don't think that show is still up for production anymore.

Same as the Wahlberg-Cocaine Cowboys movie that was going to be a series. They own the story rights and have the project ready to make, but are not finding production for them.

I'm afraid you're right. This happens very often unfortunately..

They are also talking about a new tv show about the mob from Amazon with DeNiro and Julianne Moore. Will also probably never come to fruition.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/david-o-russ...any-1201849861/

Re: You think that there be another lcn tv show ? - 03/06/17 08:43 PM

De Niro is close to broke, which is why we keep seeing him in questionable roles.

He allows his name to be attached to most mafia related projects seeking production, and for good reason. Unfortunately, as said, we often only see a press release for it.

I believe the best projects on the horizon for this genre are the Frank Sheeran Scorcese film whenever it finally gets released, the Gotti-Connelly film and the upcoming White Boy Rick film.

Re: You think that there be another lcn tv show ? - 03/07/17 04:01 PM

De Niro close to broke? Never heard of this, his net worth supposedly still stands at 150 million dollars.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: You think that there be another lcn tv show ? - 03/08/17 01:06 AM

They should do a tv show about one of the five families ( a fiction ).

Re: You think that there be another lcn tv show ? - 03/08/17 11:39 PM

I think he's earned a crazy amount of money in restaurants and real estate and as I understand he and his wife have spent a great deal of it on failed charities.

I don't think it's something people are necessarily discussing but it seems like a realistic scenario. Infer what you will about the myriad of questionable to poor film choices he's involved himself in over the past ten or so years. Poor choices aside, there are without question films you could assume were made strictly for a payday.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET