History Buffs: GoodFellas - 08/04/16 02:02 PM

Nice video from the History Buffs YT channel about GoodFellas:

Posted By: getthesenets

Re: History Buffs: GoodFellas - 08/06/16 01:30 AM

great stuff,Billy

watching it now
Posted By: Mr. Blonde

Re: History Buffs: GoodFellas - 04/20/17 09:29 PM

Also about GoodFellas - apparently, the whole late night dinner scene at Tommy's mom's house was ad-libbed. Interesting article about that and other unscripted scenes here - http://www.grunge.com/42765/funniest-movie-moments-werent-planned/
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: History Buffs: GoodFellas - 09/20/17 05:24 AM

I was just going through my OLD VHS collection on count of Mr. Frank Vincent (RIP)& came across an old b- movie type flick w/ Joe Pesci & Frank Vincent..it kinda had the look & feel of Mean Streets..must have been made in early 2 mid 70s,the label on the tape was calling it "Death Collector"..anybody familiar w/ it??

Re: History Buffs: GoodFellas - 10/19/17 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum
I was just going through my OLD VHS collection on count of Mr. Frank Vincent (RIP)& came across an old b- movie type flick w/ Joe Pesci & Frank Vincent..it kinda had the look & feel of Mean Streets..must have been made in early 2 mid 70s,the label on the tape was calling it "Death Collector"..anybody familiar w/ it??
any raised hands 4 this one?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: History Buffs: GoodFellas - 10/19/17 10:20 PM

That's the movie that prompted DeNiro to reach out to Pesci for Raging Bull. Pretty well known story. Pesci told it a few times on late night television. The story goes that DeNiro saw Death Collector and reached out to Pesci when he was waiting tables at Mario's. Pesci thought it was a prank and told him to fuck off. But Pesci is a great storyteller. The way he tells the story is hysterical.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: History Buffs: GoodFellas - 10/20/17 01:02 PM

Why can i never see video links in the posts?

Re: History Buffs: GoodFellas - 10/21/17 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
That's the movie that prompted DeNiro to reach out to Pesci for Raging Bull. Pretty well known story. Pesci told it a few times on late night television. The story goes that DeNiro saw Death Collector and reached out to Pesci when he was waiting tables at Mario's. Pesci thought it was a prank and told him to fuck off. But Pesci is a great storyteller. The way he tells the story is hysterical.
Thanx pizza, now that u mention it, I do recall a story of the same nature..
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: History Buffs: GoodFellas - 10/28/17 06:16 PM

Pesci taking the piss out of De Niro is the greatest thing ever.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: History Buffs: GoodFellas - 10/29/17 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
But Pesci is a great storyteller. The way he tells the story is hysterical.

...a clown for your amusement...
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: History Buffs: GoodFellas - 02/15/18 08:43 PM

A good video if it wasn't for the annoying voice over guy..
Posted By: Ciment

Re: History Buffs: GoodFellas - 03/29/18 05:58 PM

https://decider.com/2018/03/29/goodfellas-fact-check/

‘Goodfellas’ Fact Check: Just How Authentic Was Martin Scorsese’s Mafia Masterpiece?
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: History Buffs: GoodFellas - 07/27/19 10:38 AM

The Truth Behind Movie Classic Goodfellas http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/the-truth-behind-movie-classic-goodfellas
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET