Home

State of Grace

Posted By: Footreads

State of Grace - 01/25/16 11:15 PM

Pretty good movie loosely based on the Westies. My friend Johnny Roastbeef was in it. Sean Penn and the guy who played in Dracular. Cool movie on those buck skin wearing achololics. In the movie was a guy called Stevie. He has been in a lot of movies. When they took him out of the bar and cut his throat he was trying to make time with a red head. Never got a good look at her face. What a face she had in real life, but never photographed on film that well. Her name was Sandra beall she was drop dead beautiful. She crossed the street she would stop traffic. Just did not photograph on film that well. She was Joe Pesce's girl friend for years.

The one thing I noticed in the movie was they did not wear the buck skin that they liked to wear.

Re: State of Grace - 01/25/16 11:22 PM

Another movie that had Westies in it was sleepers
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: State of Grace - 01/26/16 01:10 PM

Very Underrated movie. Its a shame it came out the same week as goodfellas otherwise it would have been a hit maybe. Gary Oldman was great as Jackie. Ed harris pulled off a good interpretation of what Jimmy Coonan was probably like too
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: State of Grace - 01/26/16 01:37 PM

Thanks for the tip, I never saw it but I looked it up and it's on Youtube in good quality!!

Here you go..

Re: State of Grace - 01/27/16 07:57 PM

At 1.20.00 you can see that scumbag mafia cop Lou Eppolito making a cameo..

Re: State of Grace - 01/27/16 10:56 PM

Everyone in this movie had to pay the taxes for their parts twice.

Normally the producers of the movie pay the taxes of the actors for their parts up front. So they were supposed to pay the actors taxes to government.

How're they went out of business and never paid the actors taxes even though they took the money out of the actors pay check.

So the irs went after the actors. I know because it happened to my friend John. I paid his taxes and he paid me back later.
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: State of Grace - 01/30/16 07:24 AM

I guess I'm the lone dissenter. i was really disappointed in this one. Oldman's performance was just too over the top for me.

And the way they drag out the part where they think they're gonna have to storm the bar is just too much, like the baby carriage rolling down the stairs in that prohibition movie w/Connery and Costner.

Wish they would make a real Westies movie. Jeremny Renner is born to play Jimmy Coonan.

Re: State of Grace - 01/30/16 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: alicecooper
I guess I'm the lone dissenter. i was really disappointed in this one. Oldman's performance was just too over the top for me.

And the way they drag out the part where they think they're gonna have to storm the bar is just too much, like the baby carriage rolling down the stairs in that prohibition movie w/Connery and Costner.

Wish they would make a real Westies movie. Jeremny Renner is born to play Jimmy Coonan.

Agreed, a real Westies movie would be great and would love to see Renner play Coonan..

Who would ya have for Featherstone?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: State of Grace - 02/01/16 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Very Underrated movie.

I agree.

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
At 1.20.00 you can see that scumbag mafia cop Lou Eppolito making a cameo..

He's also in "Goodfellas" as Fat Andy, one of the guys Henry introduces in Sonny's restaurant near the beginning.
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: State of Grace - 02/02/16 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Agreed, a real Westies movie would be great and would love to see Renner play Coonan..

Who would ya have for Featherstone?

Part of me wants to say Casey Affleck but I just don't think he could pull off the psychotic coke head alky part. Christian Bale?

Any ideas?

Re: State of Grace - 02/03/16 07:51 PM

Part of me wants to say Casey Affleck but I just don't think he could pull off the psychotic coke head alky part. Christian Bale?

Any ideas?

Matthias Schoenaerts is a Belgian actor, who definitely could pull it off, he also played a NY'er in The Drop, the last movie of James Gandolfini..

This guy is the most talented actor to come out of Europe since a very long time, he's amazingly versatile..
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: State of Grace - 02/10/16 05:34 AM

I love State of Grace. Agree that it's very underrated.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET