Home

Any one here see Road to Perdition

Posted By: overcoat

Any one here see Road to Perdition - 10/06/15 02:20 AM

I watched Road to Perdition again last night. I love that movie. Tom Hanks and Paul Newman are good in that. It's about a Irish mafia gang during the prohibiton years, awesome movie. Anyone else like this one.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Any one here see Road to Perdition - 10/06/15 02:59 AM

Wouldn't just say Irish gang because they bring up Nitti or Capone didn't they? They were tied to them as well at the least.

When this movie came out I was there the 1st night watching this movie. I'm a huge Paul Newman fan from when he did The Hustler so I knew he would be good in this and he was. Hanks did very good as well.

I never understood why nobody ever talked about it so much because it is a very good watch for anyone. I bought it for a few bucks at Target (and it was Blu-Ray) not too long ago.
Posted By: overcoat

Re: Any one here see Road to Perdition - 10/07/15 12:34 AM

Yea I figured the Rooney gang was a Irish gang, but they were tied in with capone and nitti. I liked how they brought Nitti and the gang in the movie. I agree no one ever talks about that movie. But I would say that's one of my favorite mob movies I watched.
Posted By: slumpy

Re: Any one here see Road to Perdition - 10/08/15 07:28 PM

It's a hugely underrated Hanks film, for sure. I saw it when it came out in theatres, I was still fairly young then (probably around 17 or 18) but it was one of the movies that got me interested in real life OC.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Any one here see Road to Perdition - 10/09/15 12:45 AM

Hanks was best in that but Jude Law played an outstanding whacko.

Re: Any one here see Road to Perdition - 10/09/15 01:01 AM

Jude Law looks like a freak anyways lol

My favorite scene is probably when he killed Paul Newman or when he talked to him just before he killed him and Newman said he couldn't give up his son. Some strong stuff there.

It's like watching football with Keith Jackson doing the commentary, these kids don't know what they are missing with good commentators gone just like great actors. Paul Newman could almost play anything.
Posted By: rickydelta

Re: Any one here see Road to Perdition - 10/10/15 10:12 AM

Yeah a Good Movie smile
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Any one here see Road to Perdition - 10/10/15 09:34 PM

Jude law was great in this , good film all round too
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Any one here see Road to Perdition - 10/11/15 04:36 PM

I thought it was very good, with Hanks again showing his versatility. Theme: "No honor among thieves."

Re: Any one here see Road to Perdition - 10/11/15 08:32 PM

Hanks seemed to be a better action film guy than many thought, I thought he was great in "Saving Private Ryan" too. Here he was a badass in war and was a school teacher from the Northeast. Just shows you back then you just didn't know.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET