Home

Roemer : man against the mob.

Posted By: PhillyMob

Roemer : man against the mob. - 05/07/15 11:21 PM

This book should be delivered tomorrow. Anybody read this yet? I liked his other books so I figured I would like this.
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Roemer : man against the mob. - 05/10/15 01:06 PM

pretty sure i remember that as being pretty good, like in the top 20% of mob books imho

Re: Roemer : man against the mob. - 05/10/15 10:40 PM

I just started yesterday. Pretty good so far but it's a lot of the same stuff from The genuine godfather about Tony Accardo. That was real good. I like Roemers no bullshit attitude and has some damn good stories with the outfit.
Posted By: rickydelta

Re: Roemer : man against the mob. - 05/11/15 08:56 AM

Yeah Good Books he writing 5 books 3 non Fiction and 2 fiction smile

Re: Roemer : man against the mob. - 05/15/15 11:06 PM

Just finished the book. Thought it was a very good read.
Posted By: oldschool3

Re: Roemer : man against the mob. - 05/16/15 11:38 AM

It is definitely an excellent book, but even Roemer seems to have a CN crush on Accardo, and isn't shy about patting himself on the back at times.

Re: Roemer : man against the mob. - 05/16/15 03:38 PM

Yea I agree it seems like he got a crush on accardo and the hump. That is because they didn't act like dicks when they were approached by him. Unlike Giancana and Spilotro.
It's all about how you carry.yourself. The first two I mentioned died in bed the last two never made it to bed.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Roemer : man against the mob. - 05/16/15 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: PhillyMob
Yea I agree it seems like he got a crush on accardo and the hump. That is because they didn't act like dicks when they were approached by him. Unlike Giancana and Spilotro.
It's all about how you carry.yourself. The first two I mentioned died in bed the last two never made it to bed.

roemer and his fbi cohorts, planted some bugs in some Chicago joints, but, they never made any arrests that I know of.

I read all of roemers books, he crows a lot about how much he and the fbi hurt the mob, but, at the time he was active, I don't think he hurt them much at all.

Re: Roemer : man against the mob. - 05/17/15 05:06 AM

Yup all the bugs were illegal back then. It was just pretty much for information so they can find out where they go and what they do. Stop murders before they happen.
If you think about it all the people he was following died in their beds not in jail.
Exception being Giancana cause he was killed.
Roemer was pretty much a very big thorn in their sides. Always there when they didn't want him to be. Not many successful prosecutions just arrests. Times and laws were very different back then.

Re: Roemer : man against the mob. - 05/18/15 11:47 AM

Roemer set the foundation for the rest to follow who then put must of top outfit in prison only Tony Accardo got away with his crimes but Tony Accardo was one of a kind smile
Posted By: Calzone

Re: Roemer : man against the mob. - 07/17/15 02:39 AM

Tony Accardo was a dry snitch

Re: Roemer : man against the mob. - 07/17/15 07:34 AM

No way he was one of a kind with tons of connections and respect he was no snitch calzone smile
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET