Home

Goodfellas 25th Anniversary Tribeca Film Festival

Posted By: funkster

Goodfellas 25th Anniversary Tribeca Film Festival - 04/25/15 11:01 PM

For anyone interested, they are doing a panel right now. Should be up on their youtube channel soon.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tribecafilm/playlists

https://instagram.com/p/16-hmetRY3/
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Goodfellas 25th Anniversary Tribeca Film Festival - 04/26/15 01:39 PM

Thanks
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Goodfellas 25th Anniversary Tribeca Film Festival - 04/26/15 02:47 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/liotta-recalls-scorsese-discussion-goodfellas-shoot-044217652.html

In the comments section..

"Failure to lay low and not spend any of the big score as portrayed in "Good Fellas" isn't the first time this happened in a NY crime family. A former employer, "John" was an associate of the Gambino Family in the 30's & 40's. Not eligible for "membership" ; because he was half Polish/half Italian, he none the less was an earner for the mob - in it up to his eyeballs. In 1949 he and a few of his closest buddies hatched a scheme to knock off a BIG, floating crap game for gangsters which was held monthly at various remote spots in the NJ countryside. My friend & his crew masked up, got the drop on the "festivities" and took the money (upwards of $150K) their pants, guns and car keys, leaving some pissed off gangsters standing around in their skivies. Who were they going to call? The police? HAHAHA!

Their agreement was the same as Henry's crew - keep mouths shut/don't flash any cash for at least a year, except one idiot did exactly the same as the dummy in the movie - bought his wife a fur coat and & new Cadillac. That guy got whacked and even though my friend was strongly suspected of having a hand in this robbery, they had no proof and he wouldn't cop to it. Because his uncle was a respected/feared capo, it was decided to throw John "out of the club." It was "recommended" he move his family out of NYC to CA, and "Don't call us - we'll call you...."

After that he went straight, for the most part, except for a few "slips." Since I earned good money for John (by legal means) he liked me a lot, treated me like a son and always made a supreme effort to keep me clear of any shady stuff, telling me, "Don't chose to go down the same road I did because you can never get out." It was good advice for a 20 something at the crossroads between living a life of crime or remaining an honorable, upright citizen. RIP, John. Loved ya, man"!
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Goodfellas 25th Anniversary Tribeca Film Festival - 04/27/15 09:21 PM

They had a photo shoot and interviews at the beacon theather. I remember calling my friend Johnny to see if he was coming here to NY for that. He told me no one asked him.

Then I see a YouTube of it guess who was in the you tube? He walks by in this no call nothing.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/gY6PCDsHdio
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Goodfellas 25th Anniversary Tribeca Film Festival - 04/28/15 02:49 AM

Lorraine Bracco gets better looking with age, sixty years old..

I know Joe Pesci is not in making movies anymore but it would have been nice if he make an appearance, Michael Imperioli too.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Goodfellas 25th Anniversary Tribeca Film Festival - 05/02/15 01:45 PM

Lorraine Bracco's boobs make me want to kneel down and beg for buttermilk.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Goodfellas 25th Anniversary Tribeca Film Festival - 05/03/15 01:28 AM

Bracco was into the part she played in that movie. She was not into the movie itself. She did not know that Henry Hill had a brother in the q&a.

I doubt if she ever even seen the whole movie.

She definately did not know any of the other actors in the movie that had smaller parts.

I thought in the movie she had hot legs. They were gone by the time she was in the Soprano's.
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: Goodfellas 25th Anniversary Tribeca Film Festival - 05/03/15 01:20 PM

Bracco looks great for her age. Ray Liotta looks like he's had quite alot of work done however.

Im gonna get the papers, get the papers...
Posted By: funkster

Re: Goodfellas 25th Anniversary Tribeca Film Festival - 05/03/15 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Lorraine Bracco's boobs make me want to kneel down and beg for buttermilk.

She had to have gotten a boob job. Her tits are much bigger in the Sopranos than they ever were in that scene where Henry is on top of her in Goodfellas. I know she gained weight, but them things can't get THAT big just on weight gain lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET