Home

Favorite moments from 'The Wire'

Posted By: Terence

Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/04/15 12:17 AM

So I started watching The Wire a few years back and I have to say this is the best bit of television I have EVER seen. I love the scene in season 2 episode 5 when Omar is brought in as a witness against Bird. Right before going into court he has a moment with a plain clothes policeman (who is doing some kind of word search or ad-lib), they start talking about Mars, which is both a planet and a god in greek mythology, but it doesn't fit the puzzle. Omar mentions Aries (who is essentially the same person as Mars but from a separate context). "I always loved those myths..Gods of war and all that". Himself being a modern day god of war in his own mind (at least in my opinion). A brilliant piece of writing that I have overlooked several times. Anyway which moment from The Wire is your favorite?
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/04/15 03:49 AM

I love any scene with Bubbles in and the below scene is the best, very powerful..

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/04/15 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
I love any scene with Bubbles in and the below scene is the best, very powerful..

Ah yes, Andre Royo scenes are always amazing. DE NIRO are you a Bayern Munchen fan? Just curious after noticing your location.

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/05/15 04:39 AM

No i'm a Man Utd fan, im English but have been living in Germany close to two years..
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/05/15 08:01 AM

Posted By: lefty_two_guns

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/06/15 12:59 PM

The time when Avon says just a gansta i suppose and when omar in court says you got the brief case i got the shot gun it all in the game tho.

I just want my corners!!

Just watched the Gambler always work from a position of F you.

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/06/15 05:28 PM

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/13/15 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: lefty_two_guns
The time when Avon says just a gansta i suppose and when omar in court says you got the brief case i got the shot gun it all in the game tho.

"I rip and run." "Whats that Mr. Little?" "I robs drugs dealers."

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/13/15 01:20 PM

"Pawns get capped quick, they be out the game early." Wallace gets shot to death by 2 of his best friends a few episodes later in Season 1, then D'Angelo is strangled to death near the middle of Season 2 and Bodie gets a bullet in the back of his head defending what used to be his corner by Michael in Season 5. Amazing foreshadowing but I was surprised to see Bodie last so long.

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/13/15 01:24 PM

I always get a good laugh watching McNulty be a dirty-drunken-whore in seasons 1-4. "Fuck it, they can chew you up but they gotta spit you back out." "Ah cranky I was just looking for a little hanky panky." "Most days I feel like I'm just a breathing machine for my fuckin' dick." So many great lines.

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/14/15 11:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Terence

"Pawns get capped quick, they be out the game early." Wallace gets shot to death by 2 of his best friends a few episodes later in Season 1, then D'Angelo is strangled to death near the middle of Season 2 and Bodie gets a bullet in the back of his head defending what used to be his corner by Michael in Season 5. Amazing foreshadowing but I was surprised to see Bodie last so long.

Bodie was one of fav characters and was gutted when he was killed, even though he was a drug dealer, he had a heart. This was the genius of The Wire, you could like the so called bad guys..
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/14/15 01:57 PM

"Do the chair care that we look like some punk ass bitches?"
Posted By: F_white

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/14/15 04:31 PM

Stringer bell death scene how he try to buy his way out, and Omar death scene thinking the kid was no threat.

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/14/15 05:31 PM

Omar is up there with Walter White and Tony Soprano as the greatest TV character ever

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/14/15 07:11 PM

@ DE NIRO 100%. Michael Kenneth Williams crushed that role. I have to say that Stringer Bell is in my top 5 for best TV gangster as well.

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/15/15 12:38 PM

"You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss"

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 04/18/15 07:53 PM

"I always keeps one in the chamber in case you ponderin"
Posted By: Parisi

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 05/29/15 06:00 AM

This video is this video...

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 08/07/15 09:40 PM

Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 08/19/15 09:23 PM

Some of this convo is exactly the same convo they had in an earlier episode.

I missed most of what was going on in this scene the first time watching it, but going back and watching it....it was all there below the surface.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 09/07/15 07:30 AM

WAY too hard to single out one scene. The Wire is in a class by itself IMHO.

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 09/14/15 05:56 AM

It's relatively easy actually. I agree with you that The Wire is in a class all by itself but it dabbles in such a wide social spectrum that you can't help yourself from wondering why you are rooting for a certain character over another. The Wire has a brilliant subtlety in it's timeline and favoritism tends to shift for myself as a viewer so I appreciate some scenes over others.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Favorite moments from 'The Wire' - 10/09/15 08:38 PM

IT'S ALL IN THE GAME YO, IT'S ALL IN THE GAME..
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET