Home

Better Call Saul

Posted By: Footreads

Better Call Saul - 02/08/15 11:26 PM

The spin off breaking bad are you watching it?
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/09/15 04:58 PM

Saw the first episode. It looks very promising. Those two skateboarders are funny characters. It looks good.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/09/15 05:01 PM

It was better than I thought it would be too. I liked the line in the coffee shop when he met with the husband and wife "It's getting arrested that makes you look guilty lol. The next episode is on tonight. Can't wait

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/09/15 05:12 PM

I think the two skate boarders are dead.

Tuco is not the kind of guy who will let them walk away.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/09/15 05:16 PM

I think you're right Footreads. Saul is a great character.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/09/15 06:09 PM

Yep I think Tuco killed them too. I watched it last night as well and enjoyed seeing all the familiar faces. Just wait, we still get to see Gus, Jesse, and even Walt eventually.

I think this show could be great. Not as good as BB mind you, but it will be good for sure.

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/09/15 06:31 PM

You know they could bring back one of my favorites Krazy 8 who's father had the furniture store.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/09/15 09:44 PM

Better Call Saul really reminds me of clerking at a court in the midwest. Some of the PDs the country would hire are just perfect Sauls- poor, cheap and barely making it.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/09/15 11:35 PM

This new episode on now is hesterical, he is negotiating for their lives and settles on injuries for punishment.

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/10/15 04:28 AM

I shut it after that not realistic.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/10/15 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
I shut it after that not realistic.

who cares its entertaining. Breaking Bad wasnt always realistic.

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/10/15 10:35 AM

Yea he breaks their legs because of what they did to his grand mother. But let's the lawyer go who planned it.

Now those 2 kids will not rat the guy out that did it and they won't rate him out for planning it.

Tuco evident was not use meth he was not paranoid in those days
Posted By: merlino

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/10/15 08:08 PM

Thought it was great beginning loved him working at Cinnabon and then seeing mike at the parking kiosk validating parking... the character saul is a tv legend and cant wait how this turns out and how he gets the name saul
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/10/15 08:51 PM

I thought it was amazing, sure it's a tad lower than Breaking Bad quality-wise, but that's to be expected.

Tuco was ALWAYS a crazy, unpredictable psycho-lunatic (as Jesse called him) plus he was very affectionate with his family like with Hector, so it's not really that out of character of him.
I dunno how you can just shut if off for not being realistic, maybe it just isn't your cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it.

Gonna watch it regularly, especially since I was a huge fan of BrBa and Vince Gilligan who I believe is a genius just like David Chase of the Sopranos.

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/10/15 08:55 PM

Looks like Saul or "Slipping Jimmy" lol is going to catch a beating from Mike in the upcoming episode that should be interesting. Without the violence I think it would be a mediocre show. The violence makes it that much better.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/11/15 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Malandrino
I thought it was amazing, sure it's a tad lower than Breaking Bad quality-wise, but that's to be expected.

Tuco was ALWAYS a crazy, unpredictable psycho-lunatic (as Jesse called him) plus he was very affectionate with his family like with Hector, so it's not really that out of character of him.
I dunno how you can just shut if off for not being realistic, maybe it just isn't your cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it.

Gonna watch it regularly, especially since I was a huge fan of BrBa and Vince Gilligan who I believe is a genius just like David Chase of the Sopranos.

Exactly. IMO as much as i loved Breaking Bad 90% of it was unrealistic as well but i didnt care. All i care abut it watching a good story and being entertained
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/11/15 02:44 PM

Is this show supposed to be the prequel to breaking bad? I've only watch the first episode of season 1 of breaking bad and now I'm wondering if I should hold off on watching breaking bad and watching Better Call Saul before going forward with Breaking Bad.

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/11/15 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Holyoke
Is this show supposed to be the prequel to breaking bad? I've only watch the first episode of season 1 of breaking bad and now I'm wondering if I should hold off on watching breaking bad and watching Better Call Saul before going forward with Breaking Bad.

How cool is that! I think that would be a good way to go since you will be starting with a clean slate. All of us watching have our opinions of these characters already.
Then when it's time for you to watch BB you may be that much MORE informed. You will have a deeper understanding of the characters than any of us ever could. Breaking Bad will not disappoint you; its a great show. I hope this show is just as good.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/11/15 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Holyoke

Ha ya good for you!!! You might have to wait 5 years to crank up breaking bad though because just from the start better call saul looks like it is going to be a lasting hit
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Better Call Saul - 02/14/15 05:34 PM

just saw the 1st and 2nd episode

cant wait for next week, nice to see tuco and all back

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/10/15 02:40 PM

Have you been watching it? Who watched last night's episode? I don't want to spoil anything for the latecomers to the party so I will wait to discuss but this show is really getting EVEN better.
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/10/15 02:45 PM

It's an amazing show. I can't wait to see what the producers got up their sleeves.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/10/15 02:53 PM

Were you surprised about Mike's story? And how he handled that one situation taking care of business without them being the slightest bit aware of what he was up to.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/10/15 03:21 PM

Well, to a certain extent I was surprised. Obviously, we all knew Mike had some skeletons in his closet. However, that particular situation was very surprising. The way he handled it, though, that's the Mike we know. He knew everything the cops were going to do and he knew how to play his role perfectly.

As for the people who mentioned Walt and Jesse being shown... I don't think so. Remember, in BB Walt and Jesse just meet Saul, they don't know him. Saul will probably hear about "Heisenberg" and blue meth. If the producers would be up to it, maybe they'll re-shoot some early scenes through Saul's perspective. However, that would be too much of a pain in the ass, as they'd have to get every detail right.

Finally... Am I the only one who wishes to see more of the cartel in the show? Remember how, when Jesse and Walt took Saul to the desert, Saul said something in the lines of: "Tell Don Eladio I'm sorry. It won't happen again!" I, for one, want details on that!

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/10/15 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Have you been watching it? Who watched last night's episode? I don't want to spoil anything for the latecomers to the party so I will wait to discuss but this show is really getting EVEN better.

Yes, agree, even better than I thought it would be.

Originally Posted By: CleanBandit
It's an amazing show. I can't wait to see what the producers got up their sleeves.

Should be interesting where the story line goes with his brother also.

Were you surprised about Mike's story? And how he handled that one situation taking care of business without them being the slightest bit aware of what he was up to.

Loved it.

Finally... Am I the only one who wishes to see more of the cartel in the show? Remember how, when Jesse and Walt took Saul to the desert, Saul said something in the lines of: "Tell Don Eladio I'm sorry. It won't happen again!" I, for one, want details on that!

I wanna see the cartel also, all good story line.

Great program

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/10/15 06:44 PM

Yes, I want to see more of the cartel and Mike and the brother electrocute himself or blow himself and his house up. Go out with a real BANG lol.

I get bored with the brother. Watching him is almost as bad as listening to Margaret speak in Boardwalk Empire. I just want it to STOP!! panic

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/10/15 07:01 PM

Well, to a certain extent I was surprised. Obviously, we all knew Mike had some skeletons in his closet. However, that particular situation was very surprising. The way he handled it, though, that's the Mike we know. He knew everything the cops were going to do and he knew how to play his role perfectly.

Very true. What surprised me too was he confided in the daughter-in-law. Seemed a bit out of character to tell her so much. I was not expecting that at all.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/10/15 07:12 PM

Well, even the toughest of the tough guys have to break down. Mike was obviously ashamed that his son was so much better than him, yet his wife accused him of being dirty. There was no other way to prove her wrong other than telling her to truth.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/11/15 03:35 AM

The truth will get you killed or in jail. All the cops had to do is tell her tell the truth or your going to jail and your daughter will go to foster care and she will spill her guts.

Partners and witnesses he is in trouble if it was real.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/11/15 02:36 PM

As for the people who mentioned Walt and Jesse being shown... I don't think so. Remember, in BB Walt and Jesse just meet Saul, they don't know him.

If the show goes into that time frame at all they have to show Walt and Jesse. Remember when Badger was arrested? That is what started everything in their partnership with Saul. Walt went to pay for Saul and they started talking. So no, they more than knew Saul after that because he partnered with Walt eventually and I think he was the one that teamed Walt up with Gus as well. If they even go near current day Saul they will have to show Walt and Jesse.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/11/15 04:43 PM

"When Badger is arrested for selling blue meth, Saul is sent to negotiate with him. It comes to call his attention that Hank Schrader and Steven Gomez, two DEA agents, are trying to interrogate Badger. Deducing they were interested in his client, he made a deal with the DEA for Badger to testify against his dealer “Heisenberg.”

Later that day, Walter White and Jesse Pinkman decide to look for Saul Goodman in his office. Walt, posing as Badger’s uncle "Mr. Mayhew", hires Saul to keep Badger out of prison. Citing rumors that Heisenberg's associate crushed a man's head with an ATM, Walt asks if Badger should fear reprisals if he snitches. "The guy who got his head smooshed used to be a client of mine. His wife killed him," Saul replies. He plans to get Badger "singing like a canary." "Ten thousand dollars," Walt blurts out before succumbing to a coughing fit. He doesn't want Saul to throw the case, but "no talking to the DEA," he says. Saul then kicks Walt out of his office for trying to bribe him.

That night, Jesse and Walt don their ski masks, kidnap Saul, and haul him to a freshly dug shallow grave in a desert wasteland. "This afternoon, an associate of ours offered you ten thousand dollars," Jesse tells him. "You shoulda taken it." Saul informs them that he doesn't take bribes from strangers. Jesse, gun aimed at Saul, instructs him to give Badger "the best legal representation ever," but says that Saul is dead if anyone snitches to the DEA. "Why don't you just kill Badger?" Saul suggests, but Jesse insists that's not an option. Walt doubles over coughing and Saul recognizes him as the "Mr. Mayhew" from his office. Saul instructs Walt and Jesse to remove their masks and "put a dollar in my pocket - both of you." Now protected by attorney-client privilege, they hear Saul's assessment of their situation: "Somebody's going to prison. It's just a matter of who."

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/11/15 04:44 PM

This is from BB Wiki. So no, they didn't know Saul beforehand. They had just met him then. He already had a reputation as being a lawyer for crooks then.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/11/15 08:14 PM

Go back and read what I typed dude. I said that is when they met Saul, I didn't say they knew Saul before Badger because they didn't. I never said they did either.

I said that if they are going to show that time frame on the show, Jesse and Walt will have to be on the show.

I don't need to BB Wiki to know when they met Saul.....lol. It's plain as day if you watched the show.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/13/15 04:25 PM

Wasn't the greatest finale

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/14/15 02:20 PM

Was renewed for a 13 episode 2nd season smile

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/14/15 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: DonMega1888

They haven't had the season finale yet.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/14/15 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Originally Posted By: DonMega1888

They haven't had the season finale yet.

http://www.primewire.ag/tv-2757832-Better-Call-Saul/season-1-episode-6

aww i checked the imdb page thought there was only 6 episodes, but theres 10 smile
Posted By: Parisi

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/15/15 10:59 AM

Johnathan Banks' acting performance as Mike Ehrmantraut in episode 6 was IMO single-handedly the best acting performance of the series... so far.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/15/15 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Parisi
Johnathan Banks' acting performance as Mike Ehrmantraut in episode 6 was IMO single-handedly the best acting performance of the series... so far.

I agree.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/17/15 02:37 PM

Banks has a very long carrer in television. So he must be doing something right.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/18/15 11:20 AM

Anyone seen this week's episode? I liked Jimmy's outburst and kicking the door.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/18/15 01:50 PM

Me too. CleanBandit. Another good episode. I think it's better for his female friend to stay at the other firm so Jimmy can have an insider helping him. What's your take on his female friend? My favorite part of this week's episode was what Mike did to find out where the couple hid their money. Very clever wasn't it?

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/18/15 03:46 PM

I really enjoyed the way they insane couple that stole the money looked sitting in Saul's car. Completely pethedic, those people really reprsent perfectly how some whacked out people really live in delusion.

I was sure Saul was getting that office and the chic ( his friend ) - was going to come work with him.

Love this show, cant wait to see how it moves along.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/18/15 05:25 PM

Yea I loved the last episode with Mike's background. It was a strong and solid episode.

This week I loved it when he went the the dirty county accountant and mentioned the money and of course his wife freaked out when they found out it was gone.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/18/15 05:59 PM

The female friend? I think she genuienly cares for Jimmy, just... Not in the way he'd like. I think that, since Jimmy brought her those clients back and basically saved her future in the firm, she'll give Jimmy whatever information he'll want(that is, until she'll realize that Jimmy's only using her).

As for Mike, yeah, that's now definitely the Mike we know. I believe it'll only go from: "oh, obviously!" to "I just knew he was gonna do that!" regarding Mike's actions from here on.

And the couple was just... Crazy, haha. No other word for them. However, they did cover Jimmy's ass and they stuck to their story until the end. Some guys on this board would call them "honourable" hahahaha.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/31/15 08:23 AM

How about the plot twist with Jimmy's brother, huh?

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/31/15 10:20 AM

Oh man, I was so Pissed....
Chuck is a piece of shit. Now we know how Jimmy becomes Saul.

Mike is a powerful and fun Charactor to watch, I could watch an entire show of him.

Great show. Fav after DW.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/31/15 01:56 PM

You have to be a knucklehead to go to any kind of drug buy without a gun and numbers down.

Unless your doing business with an army who controls the product in a foreign country and they need you as a buyer. You die they have no buyer.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/31/15 01:58 PM

Chuck won't last to much longer. I would be surprised if he is in the new season.

Mike will definately introduced Jimmy into the drug business.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/31/15 04:07 PM

You have to be a knucklehead to go to any kind of drug buy without a gun and numbers down.

Unless your doing business with an army who controls the product in a foreign country and they need you as a buyer. You die they have no buyer.

Agree, but Mike explained that he had done his homework and knew they did not want any problems or attention since it was a side job and going unreported to the Boss, so he knew no problems would arise, thats why he pushed the $20 short problem.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/31/15 07:21 PM

Jimmys brother is actually doing everybody a favor keeping Jimmy out of the firm. Business is business no matter if you're family or not. That's the tough part. Just cuz someone's feelings might get hurt you can't do something completely irrational. That's just plain stupid.
It's like when Michael Corleone says to Tom, you're OUT!

Now Jimmy just has to UP the amount of cash to a nice number and go with it.

Mike is great. You know what they say about a man of few words or the "quiet ones". Those are the most dangerous or the ppl with the most skeletons in their closets. They are always one step ahead of everyone and you never see them coming.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/31/15 08:34 PM

Jimmys brother is actually doing everybody a favor keeping Jimmy out of the firm. Business is business no matter if you're family or not. That's the tough part. Just cuz someone's feelings might get hurt you can't do something completely irrational. That's just plain stupid.

Jimmy hit the score, did the work, deserved the fruits, he got screwed by his whacky brother, the other partner would have agreed to anything, chuck the fuck screwed his brother because he could not stand the reality of his brother being better then him.

He only told Tom that since he knew he needed him in a much more important role down the road, to protect and take over the Family.

Mike is great. You know what they say about a man of few words or the "quiet ones". Those are the most dangerous or the ppl with the most skeletons in their closets. They are always one step ahead of everyone and you never see them coming.

Right on target.

Re: Better Call Saul - 03/31/15 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: DuesPaid

Jimmy hit the score, did the work, deserved the fruits, he got screwed by his whacky brother, the other partner would have agreed to anything, chuck the fuck screwed his brother because he could not stand the reality of his brother being better then him.

He only told Tom that since he knew he needed him in a much more important role down the road, to protect and take over the Family.

Right on target.

Lol Dues Paid R u f'n around with me? And I HATE the brother fyi

Re: Better Call Saul - 04/01/15 10:03 PM

No no, not at all, I think I did the reply / quote thingy wrong.....

Great show, all opinions are right or lead us to answers.

And yes, Chuck is a fuck.

L ;)L
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Better Call Saul - 04/02/15 02:44 AM

You guys see that twist coming? Maybe I'm slow or something but only when Jimmy and Chuck sat down in the house together did I figure it all out. 10/10 show just became worthwhile

Re: Better Call Saul - 04/02/15 09:19 AM

. After all that Jimmy helped him with that stupid affliction of his. Chuck was an ungrateful fuck and Jimmy just found out about it.

Chuck is a name partner in that law firm. He could have made a money gift to chuck of 200 thousand just to thank him for all he done for him.

But no not chuck something fucked up about chuck. When chuck dies Jimmy should piss on his coffin.

Re: Better Call Saul - 04/02/15 12:17 PM

I wish chuck woulda blown up the house wen he lite his stupid gas stove.
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Better Call Saul - 04/02/15 02:42 PM

. After all that Jimmy helped him with that stupid affliction of his. Chuck was an ungrateful fuck and Jimmy just found out about it.

Chuck is a name partner in that law firm. He could have made a money gift to chuck of 200 thousand just to thank him for all he done for him.

But no not chuck something fucked up about chuck. When chuck dies Jimmy should piss on his coffin.

What I don't get is what was wrong with Chuck. Did he develop this weird OCD electro magnetic frequency tick in response to cancer? If so its understandable. Or was the entire illness in his head like a crazy fuck.

I was waiting for Jimmy to knock Chuck out with an awkward lunge-punch, Michael-hits-Kay style. But no. What we got was even better damn that was a good scene

Re: Better Call Saul - 04/02/15 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: BarrettM

I was waiting for Jimmy to knock Chuck out with an awkward lunge-punch, Michael-hits-Kay style. But no. What we got was even better damn that was a good scene

It was a good scene but Sad also, it was true to life, you see it often with siblings or friends.

The one who is delusioned into thinking he or she is superior because of age or any other reason and must remain that way at any cost, can never let the other be above or on same level, it kills them.

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET