Home

The Mafia Encyclopedia - Carl Sifakis

Posted By: GaryMartin

The Mafia Encyclopedia - Carl Sifakis - 11/11/14 12:07 AM

Lots of info and some very decent pictures. I haven't read the book, but it does look interesting. More recent info would change some of the entries. But still appears to be a pretty good book.

Maybe others can share their thoughts.

http://militero.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/the-mafia-encyclopedia.pdf
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: The Mafia Encyclopedia - Carl Sifakis - 11/11/14 02:45 AM

Thanks Gary. Very nice treat!
Posted By: Footreads

Re: The Mafia Encyclopedia - Carl Sifakis - 11/11/14 03:01 AM

When that book first came out my wife was in a bookstore here in Kings Plaza buying a book. Got to tell you all the book stores here have gone out of business. Nobody reads real books anymore at least they are not buying them here.

Well I never read books they put me to sleep. Any way I am with her we were probably going to a movie after. Kings plaza had a movie theather that went out of business as well.

So I am looking at sports books. Remember Run to Daylight by Vince Lomardi that was a kick ass book that I actually did read.

Then I saw it "the mafia encyclopedia" well that got my attention smile

I actually found something on NY Purple Gang in that book. I could not believe it no one knew about them back then. At least no one wrote about them.

There was a whole 7 lines of print on one page in a what was it a thousand page book? They calked them the 6th NY crime family. That was news to me I never heard anyone call them that before.

Since it was all about crime I thought I should steal it and not pay for it. Never read any of it just that little blurb.
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: The Mafia Encyclopedia - Carl Sifakis - 11/11/14 10:07 AM

Nice find smile
Posted By: djdt77

Re: The Mafia Encyclopedia - Carl Sifakis - 12/06/14 02:46 PM

thanks,ive been looking forward to reading this!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET