Home

Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question

Posted By: Slugger

Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 07/22/14 06:00 AM

I watched this film recently and fell in love with Marisa Tomei! Her accent was awesome, she reminded me of Harley Quinn. It got me searching through famous italian american women who have the same accent but found only a few, and all over 40 years old.

So my question is, do young italian american women still talk like this?

I noticed in the sopranos that the older generation of women do have a new york accent but the younger ones (meadow soprano) does not.

P.s Been reading the forum for a while as a guest, really love it, great job. Thanks guys smile
Posted By: olivant

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 12/04/14 01:35 AM

It's not an Italian accent; it's one of many New York area accents. I suppose the New York Board members know best.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 12/07/14 10:37 AM

"Meadow Sopprano" might not be from New York. I believe Marissa Tomei is from New York, at least that's how George Costanza came into contact with her. Slugger, you are not the first red blooded man to fall in love with her.
Posted By: pimpanella

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 12/25/14 08:27 PM

I think it went out of style along with the big hair above and below, shoulder dusters, and chewing huge wads of bubble gum.
Posted By: BigBrooklyn50

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 12/26/14 12:40 AM

Marissa Tomei is from Brooklyn, I believe Gravesend or Sheepshead Bay
Posted By: Mark

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 12/26/14 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: BigBrooklyn50

Midwood. Welcome to the BB, Big.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 12/26/14 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark
Originally Posted By: BigBrooklyn50

Midwood. Welcome to the BB, Big.

Thats a great photo of her,she really is beutifull.Even today she looks hot.

You are wright.Midwood,Brooklyn.

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 12/26/14 05:14 PM

Agreed, she is very attractive. Yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 12/26/14 11:18 PM

she's sweet, but the most beautiful Italian woman who ever lived, is an actress from the early 60s named virna lisi. her best movie was "how to murder your wife" with jack lemmon.

a more beautiful Italian lady never lived.

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 12/27/14 06:34 AM

Never heard of her,but she is beutifull.Alyssa Milano is a beutifull italian american women and Carla Gugino.Any more?

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 12/27/14 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
she's sweet, but the most beautiful Italian woman who ever lived, is an actress from the early 60s named virna lisi. her best movie was "how to murder your wife" with jack lemmon.

a more beautiful Italian lady never lived.

Binnie - You wanna go old school? Get on the Google machine and look up images for Claudia Cardinale. wink

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 12/27/14 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: alexandarns
Never heard of her,but she is beutifull.Alyssa Milano is a beutifull italian american women and Carla Gugino.Any more?

I haven't seen Alyssa Milano lately but I'd have to agree when she was younger I'd prefer to jerk off to her anyday over some blonde with fake tits

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 12/27/14 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: pimpanella
Originally Posted By: alexandarns

I haven't seen Alyssa Milano lately but I'd have to agree when she was younger I'd prefer to jerk off to her anyday over some blonde with fake tits

Allright buddy,take it easy.

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 01/08/15 10:59 AM

Another female with a similar accent is Leah Remini and she is from Brooklyn. Check her out on old reruns of "King of Queens"

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 01/08/15 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: bigboy
Another female with a similar accent is Leah Remini and she is from Brooklyn. Check her out on old reruns of "King of Queens"

She ain't from Brooklyn she's from Chester. PA believe it or not!

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 02/03/15 12:00 PM

She has her own show now and she took her daughter and husband to NYC. They went to her old apartment in Bensonhurst where she said she grew up and visited the pizzaria she used to go to. AS I recall, her husband is from Bronx. If she is from Chester, how did she acquire that Brooklyn accent???

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 02/03/15 12:54 PM

She has her own show now and she took her daughter and husband to NYC. They went to her old apartment in Bensonhurst where she said she grew up and visited the pizzaria she used to go to. AS I recall, her husband is from Bronx. If she is from Chester, how did she acquire that Brooklyn accent???

What pizzeria was that,you remmember?
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 02/03/15 02:27 PM

Leah remini is from Brooklyn
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Marisa Tomei Accent - My Cousin Vinny Question - 02/03/15 05:40 PM

you don't have to be an Italian woman to have a great Brooklyn accent... margot kidder in "the wolf of wall street" was great as a Brooklyn dame.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET