Home

Power on Starz

Posted By: getthesenets

Power on Starz - 06/18/14 12:17 PM

tv series about two partners in a drug distribution business

exec produced by rapper 50 cent

saw the first episode and it looks like a b level crime film stretched out to series length

but it's actually not bad

writing is not good but interesting casting

Main character Omari
Posted By: Hamilton

Re: Power on Starz - 06/18/14 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
tv series about two partners in a drug distribution business

exec produced by rapper 50 cent

saw the first episode and it looks like a b level crime film stretched out to series length

but it's actually not bad

writing is not good but interesting casting

Main character Omari

Yo I liked the show BOSS with Kelsey Grammmer but they canceled it
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: Power on Starz - 06/19/14 09:51 PM

It's not as bad as I expected. I'm gonna give it a few more episodes to see if it becomes predictable - I won't be specific to avoid spoilers. Plus I'll watch anything with Kathrine Narducci ... mmmmmmm Charmaine Bucco.

Re: Power on Starz - 08/17/15 02:23 AM

season 2 just ended so i have catch up with a marathon viewing next weekend

so far season 2 has much better writing
Posted By: AJK

Re: Power on Starz - 08/17/15 06:32 PM

Last night's episode (the season finale) was quite something. Some twists I didn't see coming.

Re: Power on Starz - 08/18/15 04:35 AM

I'm about halfway through the second season

interesting that Serbian and Albanian crime organizations are featured

good idea....it's different

Why do they have Jamie Hector aka guy in my avatar, playing a Haitian character with the WORST Haitian accent I've ever heard in my life

Did Tommy actually tell him to "stop speaking Haitian"?

lol

Re: Power on Starz - 08/19/15 02:01 AM

great so far.....3 more episodes before i'm finished with season 2
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Power on Starz - 08/19/15 06:21 AM

Just started watching this series.. in the middle of season 2.. not bad for all the bullshit they play on tv these days. I would recommend it to anyone..
Posted By: lefty_two_guns

Re: Power on Starz - 08/19/15 08:52 AM

second season is much better not about crime well organised crime but watching Mr Robot at the moment.
Posted By: barry

Re: Power on Starz - 08/19/15 06:00 PM

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SERIES ON CABLE !!
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Power on Starz - 08/20/15 10:22 AM

season 2 is definatley worth watching. Season 1 just felt like it was gonna be another platform for 50 to pump his music.
Posted By: barry

Re: Power on Starz - 08/20/15 06:24 PM

THE WRITING IN SEASON TWO IS SECOND TO NONE ! the twist and turns in the last three episode's are a must watch .GHOST , NUCKY AND TONY SOPRANO the best leading character's in cable history .
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Power on Starz - 08/21/15 09:56 AM

I've been watching it since the start. Yeah, it's a great show. At first I didn't like the whole "Entirely legitimate and by all appearances respected individual, but actually the biggest drug dealer in NYC" theme, but the writers really played it out good.

I wonder what Tommy's going to do. I can't wait for season 3. Also, I have a feeling Lobos will be pretty pissed off.

On the count of Lobos, I find it kind of weird that he's an openly gay, powerful cartel member. It doesn't really sit so well with me.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Power on Starz - 08/25/15 04:01 PM

He's being hunted by the other cartel members, which is why he can't go back to Mexico. He still has his supply chain and everything that makes him a crucial asset to Ghost and the other dealers in NY, but he's sort of independent in terms of the Cartel. I didn't like the first season of this show, but the second season really began to draw me in, Tommy is easily my favorite character and I really want Ghost to get his for giving Tommy up the way he did. Even though he got Tommy out, it was all a scheme so Tommy wouldn't find out that it was Ghost who set him up in the first place.

But they went overboard with the ending of season two. I'm supposed to believe Kanaan is still alive after being stabbed repeatedly by Ghost and left to bleed out, and managed to escape the fire Ghost started to get rid of the evidence? No freaking way.

Re: Power on Starz - 08/25/15 09:20 PM

Where was it indicated that Kanaan is still alive? I thought he was burned in the fire.

Re: Power on Starz - 08/25/15 10:26 PM

@Clean,

If you recorded it or have it on demand...In the final scene....pay attention to what the firefighters say.

I missed it the first time, myself.

OR basically they said that though the building was abandoned...the plumbing was till up to code....including the sprinkler system..which is why the building was still standing even after Ghost's arson attempt. They also said that markings on the door showed that somebody forced their way OUT of the building.

I didn't like it either.
Posted By: lefty_two_guns

Re: Power on Starz - 08/26/15 08:16 PM

that was all a bit sloppy if you ask me should have made sure he was dead because the small chance he lived would not be worth it in real life 2 in the head and he would have been burning on the building, this would only happen on tv and if a major star was going to loose their slot, maybe 50 could have come back as a ghost no pun intended i bet that was discussed at the writers meeting but they opted for this weak plot line to save his character who is also producing the series.

Re: Power on Starz - 07/16/16 01:59 AM

Season 3.starts this Sunday 7/17 on Starz

Re: Power on Starz - 07/17/16 07:22 AM

Damn it's been a year. Can't wait to watch it!

Re: Power on Starz - 07/19/16 09:04 AM

Does anyone have a link to watch it online? A reliable one?

Re: Power on Starz - 07/21/16 09:18 PM

Its on netflix if you have it.

Re: Power on Starz - 08/01/16 02:22 AM

This season has a different feel than the other 2, but still a great show.

The introduced a new character that will certainly get an Emmy nomination.

Re: Power on Starz - 08/09/16 02:18 AM

ok....not gonna watch it episode by episode....just gonna catch up the week before the finale and then tune in for last episode of the season.
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: Power on Starz - 08/09/16 08:45 PM

i love this show. its good. few things that bother me. joseph sikora is great as tommy but they over do the white boy growing up in the hood accent and talk. i grew up in paterson, nj. i speak very street when im around that enviorment but not on some cornball shit like tommy often does. i mean he does a great job but then theres times where im like " bro cut it the fuck out." but overall this is a good show no doubt.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Power on Starz - 08/10/16 12:28 AM

ok....not gonna watch it episode by episode....just gonna catch up the week before the finale and then tune in for last episode of the season.

100% behind that, and its a little slow this season and really if you screwed over a drug kingpin as he has i think tommy would have been dead 2 seconds later, not like he walks around with a bodyguard or anything for being a drug lord of NYC....good show though, loved the ghost scene from last episode

Re: Power on Starz - 08/10/16 03:36 AM

Bobby,

I know what you're talking about...I know the exact scenes and lines...when he told his man to "slow down,tiger" about the massage parlor girl...I cringed too.

Merlino,

I have to stop watching week to week because the story lines have the characters moving and acting in ways that aren't consistent with who they are. Like what you brought up about Tommy.

See you guys here after the finale.

Re: Power on Starz - 08/10/16 07:12 PM

Holly is extremely annoying. As far as Tommy goes... As much as he tries too hard with the lingo and whatnot, he's still my favorite character on the show. Interested to see how it'll work out with Kanaan.

As far as the last episode goes, what the fuck was with the writers? Every few minutes you either had half naked/naked chicks or just people fucking. Lol.

Re: Power on Starz - 08/11/16 04:59 AM

CB,

I can't think of a tv character that was more annoying than Holly is.

Last episode they threw in the nudity to mask the fact that the writing was poor that week.

Re: Power on Starz - 08/12/16 10:51 PM

CB,

Last episode they threw in the nudity to mask the fact that the writing was poor that week.

yea man... u aint lyin

Re: Power on Starz - 08/15/16 03:20 AM

show is back on track!!!!

Re: Power on Starz - 08/15/16 06:52 PM

CB,

Ding dong the witch is dead. Real graphic shit but she had to go. Lobos' voice and the way he talks is extremely irritating.

Re: Power on Starz - 08/15/16 11:39 PM

SPOILER!!!

Bobby P,

The writers faked us out the way the scene was done.First he lets go of her neck....then he goes back in.

One thing for sure....and I watched the scene 5 times....the actress smacked the F out of Tommy!!!

I call the militia guys who work for Ghost, Taken...because they remind me of Liam Neeson's character in the film.

With Lobos threatening the agent's daughter, 50 cent threatening Dre's daughter, and the Taken guy maybe implying a threat on Ghost's son.....I want them all to GO!!!!

Re: Power on Starz - 08/16/16 02:17 AM

loved the militia dudes... they are gonna want a bigger cut of the ghost pie soon, the 50 cent thing... i mean cmon he should at the least be in a wheel chair or dont have him get torched last season

Re: Power on Starz - 08/16/16 02:23 AM

Merlino,

his character doesn't even walk with a limp...even though Ghost stabbed him in leg during the fight.
Kanan heals faster than Wolverine .

Re: Power on Starz - 08/18/16 09:11 PM

Merlino,

his character doesn't even walk with a limp...even though Ghost stabbed him in leg during the fight.
Kanan heals faster than Wolverine .

hahahhahh great analogy......no burns on his face...had to have crawled somewhere to get help....show is great but that part is more game of thronish

Re: Power on Starz - 08/22/16 08:03 PM

They're cranking the action and plot twists up........way up!!!

Re: Power on Starz - 08/23/16 02:08 AM

They're cranking the action and plot twists up........way up!!!

not trying to be sexist but doesnt a female write or direct the show? its kind of getting a little off the rails...fbi doesnt monitor calls in the building? I really liked the show in the past because it had some similar feel to the wire but its going in some craxy shifts...

Re: Power on Starz - 08/23/16 02:35 AM

Merlino,

What did you think of the scene where the mole is texting to Lobos' henchman just like Matt Damon was doing to Nicholson in the Departed?

paying homage or ripping them off?

Viewer reaction has been split down the middle over this episode. To me..the militia dude scene makes me forgive any problems I had with last episode.

Re: Power on Starz - 08/24/16 01:28 AM

Ya.... it was departed-esque ..... the militia guys jesus...so they are former serbian soldiers now drug lords... now they are dealing coke or heroin? tommy needs a crew that watches his back though... should be a couple great final episodes w canan and the serbs.... ghost should be the lord but have tommy be streetboss and be kng of the east coast and get rich of die trying canan

Re: Power on Starz - 08/29/16 05:40 PM

SPOILER

Clean Bandit,

Out of all the killings and murders....I hear the worst one is how the show is MURDERING the Serbian language!!! On forums that discuss the show, people who are from that region of the world are disgusted.

Re: Power on Starz - 08/29/16 11:17 PM

Thought episode was better but the main serb goes from regular good english no accent then broken english i dunno... better episode imho

Re: Power on Starz - 08/30/16 03:09 AM

Merlino,

good call. One minute he sounds like he was born and raised in California, next minute he sounds like he just arrived in country a year ago. Still not as bad as Jamie Hector aka Marlo, a Haitian American actor playing a Haitian drug dealer with the WORST accent ever heard on tv.

I liked the last episode too, I F*ck with Tommy now..heavy. The streets and the crew respected him before but after mouthing off to Milan...I think EVERYBODY is afraid of Tommy. Even though people know Ghost to be a thinker, I think he lost face getting punked in front of his crew by Milan.

Re: Power on Starz - 08/30/16 03:51 PM

Totally agree and marlos accent was horrible...and i know it is 50 cent's show but he is not the best actor....and i guess this is hypocritical because i feel he should be dead but he is pulling off the absolute biggest psychopath on tv

Re: Power on Starz - 08/30/16 06:58 PM

To tell you the truth, I didn't even realize these guys were supposed to be Serbians. I barely heard anything because I watched the latest episode in the middle of the night and I didn't want to wake everybody up. You're talking about Ghosts bodyguard, right? The one who shot up the Jamaicans? He's supposed to be Serbian?

Re: Power on Starz - 08/30/16 07:14 PM

CB,
Yes, the head Militia guy and his team are Serbians.
According to fans of the show, they are speaking the WORST Serbo-Croat ever.

Think you should get current with the episodes before you read this full thread again. Some spoilers are revealed.

Re: Power on Starz - 09/07/16 05:48 PM

I dunno about this show any more...its going off the rails really quickly.....from the serbs to tommy and now cannan going to kill the son who voluntarily gets in a strangers car...cmon man!!!

Re: Power on Starz - 09/07/16 10:28 PM

This is a bizarro season. Think they tried to appeal to female viewers too much.

I think the show was slated to run for a certain amount of episodes, but they got extra seasons because of high ratings.

So now,they are just trying to extend everything out to fill episodes...it's all filler.

More far fetched than teen who lives in NYC getting into stranger's car was Tariq drinking from a straw after that stranger. even more far fetched is a Black kid cursing his parents out and not getting FIRE slapped out of him. smile

Re: Power on Starz - 09/08/16 01:58 AM

great friend of mine is older than me we worked together he was high school student in the late 60s at a newly integrated high school in florida and led the naacp as well as black panthers in this town has taught me soo much about life and history as well as raising kids... ive been at playground w his grandkids n my kids.. and your right, he tuned his lil grandson up for basically breathing in wrong direction, it worked cause kid now is at temple starting on football team

but spot on tariq drinking from straw of a nasty burnt up dude w gloves but a fresh beard

Re: Power on Starz - 09/08/16 04:18 PM

This shows going down the same road sons of anarchy went down when they went to ireland. It would have been more interesting if kanan killed ghosts son. Too much going on though in this show.

Re: Power on Starz - 09/09/16 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese
This shows going down the same road sons of anarchy went down when they went to ireland. It would have been more interesting if kanan killed ghosts son. Too much going on though in this show.

totally agree that would have been the best way the show could have gone instead of this boring (femalish) path it seems to be going, I liked the gangster aspect of the show, now it is just done

Re: Power on Starz - 09/09/16 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: merlino
great friend of mine is older than me we worked together he was high school student in the late 60s at a newly integrated high school in florida and led the naacp as well as black panthers in this town has taught me soo much about life and history as well as raising kids... ive been at playground w his grandkids n my kids.. and your right, he tuned his lil grandson up for basically breathing in wrong direction, it worked cause kid now is at temple starting on football team

but spot on tariq drinking from straw of a nasty burnt up dude w gloves but a fresh beard

Yeah, some parents go overboard and are in fact bullies, but the cursing out of parents is NO BUENO in most Black households. You don't get a "time out"....more than likely your parents get "time served" if anybody finds out how they responded. smile

Good line about the fresh beard . When we first see Kanan this season.....after what we imagine is at least a few weeks after the fight with Ghost...he has burns but a fresh haircut and lined up beard and l weight loss. They show Ghost still with bruises on his face from the fight, but apparently Kanan's hair doesn't grow.

This season had some great moments, and I guess they think that makes up for the bull they are feeding us.

no episode this week, btw.....think they don't want to go up against opening week of NFL night game

Re: Power on Starz - 09/09/16 10:48 PM

I dont dislike kanans character, theres a very prison predatory vibe to him which 50 cent plays perfectly but just the whole storyline around him has gone on too long. They shouldnt have tried killing him off in the last season.

Also i dont really give a shit about that club anymore.

Re: Power on Starz - 09/20/16 02:42 PM

I dont dislike kanans character, theres a very prison predatory vibe to him which 50 cent plays perfectly but just the whole storyline around him has gone on too long. They shouldnt have tried killing him off in the last season.

Also i dont really give a shit about that club anymore.

spoiler

agree with that....last episode was better but there is sooo much going on and now they have to wrap that up in one more episode, i hope that they did not kill ruiz i liked him, they should kill the punk kid that works at the club and should have killed ghosts son a few weeks ago....there is a lot going on to get out this week, im guessing they leave on a cliff hanger, this season in my opinion sucked and got off the rails from what it was, get back to the wire street stuff but get more realistic liek i have said with tommy being a kingpin but having ZERO protection

Re: Power on Starz - 09/20/16 08:06 PM

Merlino,

I'm so upset by the way this season has played out.Major letdown after season 2.Finale has to be 2 hours to be able to tie everything together.

Re: Power on Starz - 09/20/16 10:20 PM

100% right, but like you said in another post it seems like its aiming for more female audience so maybe a cliffhanger, bringing canan back was stupid and where is the crooked cop? anyways it needs to go back to being more real and not this craxy season

Re: Power on Starz - 09/21/16 08:50 PM

Ghosts kid is fucking annoying. Overall I'm not too impressed with the latest few episodes. Next one is supposed to be finale, right? I don't get it how they plan on finishing this season with all of the shit that's going on. Especially with Tommy's last sentence.

Re: Power on Starz - 09/23/16 05:46 PM

Merlino,

I saw 3 advertised finale viewing parties for the show, one with the actor who plays Dre in attendance. Show has definitely expanded its original audience....not for the better, if you ask me.

CB,

Fact that you didn't mention the language shows me that those griping about the poor Serbo-Croatian spoken by Milan and crew were overblown. Or you have greater problems with the show than the quality of the Serbian language being spoken. I hope the finale redeems this below average season, but I'm not holding my breath.

I want to see the Milan guy play a Bond villain in the future, he's one scary guy.

Re: Power on Starz - 09/24/16 10:37 PM

I always thought he looked like him, but now that he's older.....the actor who plays Ruiz looks JUST like The Chin, Vincent Gigante .

Re: Power on Starz - 09/25/16 03:52 PM

I always thought he looked like him, but now that he's older.....the actor who plays Ruiz looks JUST like The Chin, Vincent Gigante .

great call!!

Re: Power on Starz - 09/26/16 02:03 AM

shitty end to a shitty season.... cmon you are the FBI there was a murder in an apartment/condo go ger the video tape and ask sandoval why he was w knox... bam case closed.....ghost has alibi so he wouldnr get arrested.... and ghost son weakest character on tv....50 cent died in a fire.... 2017 doesnt have far to go to be better

Re: Power on Starz - 09/26/16 12:27 PM

SPOILER

Merlino,

agree with you...just puzzling and far fetched stuff.

They have the characters do foolish stuff, inconsistent with who they are, JUST to move the story along.

Don't get me started about how they had Milan go out like a chump.

Re: Power on Starz - 09/26/16 05:09 PM

SPOILER

Merlino,

agree with you...just puzzling and far fetched stuff.

They have the characters do foolish stuff, inconsistent with who they are, JUST to move the story along.

Don't get me started about how they had Milan go out like a chump.

milan is a commando and that is how he goes out???!!! his people would not side with tommy, CMON they are soldiers......I hope they straighten this out I did like the show

Re: Power on Starz - 10/03/16 05:54 PM

Was that the finale? I'm gonna lose my mind waitng or the next season.

Re: Power on Starz - 10/03/16 05:58 PM

Never understood I commented without reading. Yea they did a lot of bullshit that didn't make sense. I still am looking forward to next season

Re: Power on Starz - 10/04/16 09:33 AM

Thats all it took for milans men to turn on him. That plot is just lazy writing. The whole serbian thing was just a waste of time.

Re: Power on Starz - 10/04/16 03:01 PM

Thats all it took for milans men to turn on him. That plot is just lazy writing. The whole serbian thing was just a waste of time.

EXACTLY...those guys had been to war and grew up with Milan and were probably best friends, the show just got really lame...having 50 cent survive like he was dead pool or something was a hint into the show kind of going of the rails in a big way.....jamie would never have been arrested like that either

Re: Power on Starz - 01/20/17 08:28 PM

LIFE imitates art

El Chapo arrived in Brooklyn today.

Unlike the tv show and Lobos, they showed about 50 soldiers and agents around him as he was transported around New York.

Re: Power on Starz - 06/22/17 03:30 AM

Season 4 starts this Sunday 6/25/17

trailer

Re: Power on Starz - 07/03/17 05:52 PM

damn, Heywood from Shawshank NEVER got out of jail

Re: Power on Starz - 07/13/17 08:48 PM

Thats funny but...I could get ghost out of jail in about 5 seconds, go look at the tapes of his office when the agent who works for the cartel placed the gun....I think the FBI they said something about the tapes but not sure and why would they shut off the tapes...get the tape case closed and haywood needs a shank

Re: Power on Starz - 08/01/17 10:30 PM

Merlino ,
Glad to see you posting. I thought everybody stopped watching the show.

You called it...and even the amount of time the judge took to toss the case.

Re: Power on Starz - 08/21/17 06:08 PM

Merlino ,
Glad to see you posting. I thought everybody stopped watching the show.

You called it...and even the amount of time the judge took to toss the case.

still watching, taking some very crazy turns should have been the punk son not the daughter but i am pretty much guessing there is going to be a ghost recon mission going on next week, and tommy and the mob is a pretty cool thing that will set up next season
Posted By: Ted

Re: Power on Starz - 09/30/17 04:31 AM

This show gets better every season. The plots are a little ridiculous, but they draw you in. Kansan is a great supporting character. I like how they don't over use him. Tommy is my favorite character though. I like how they added the Teresi character in season 4. Did anyone catch Tommy referencing the Frank Gambino, Sal Testa and Castellano murders?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET