Home

Mr. New Orleans, The Life of a Big Easy Underworld

Posted By: LaLouisiane

Mr. New Orleans, The Life of a Big Easy Underworld - 08/23/13 03:23 PM

Anyone ever read the book by Kent Brouillette: Mr. New Orleans? He Claims he was the biggest pimp in the nation and had connections to Marcello and NOLA, but he wrote this book after everyone in Louisiana that could contest him is long gone and dead. Full Of it???
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Mr. New Orleans, The Life of a Big Easy Underworld - 08/23/13 07:29 PM

If he was operating in NOLA during that time he worked for Marcello, there were no "connections".....LOL. I think it's b.s.!
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Mr. New Orleans, The Life of a Big Easy Underworld - 08/23/13 07:52 PM

I read the book he said he used to go and hang out with Marcello every day and talk with him like friends for a few hours. Then when I asked around where I could find "Frenchy" everyone said he up and left town after he wrote the book. Either people were thinking he was full of it or he pissed the wrong people off.
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Mr. New Orleans, The Life of a Big Easy Underworld - 08/24/13 03:56 AM

His claim could be verifiable, I think in Mafia Kingfish Davis said that the Feds had a bug in Marcello's office at the motel he operated at one point. So if he was "visiting and talking to Marcello every day" then he's on the bug transcripts. If he's not there then he's bullshitting.
Posted By: Kasparoza

Re: Mr. New Orleans, The Life of a Big Easy Underworld - 02/24/14 11:24 PM

Don't know how much of it was BS or not (there is a disclaimer on the front page from the author lol) but I really liked it.
Almost like a history book more than a criminal memoir. I thought it was great.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET