Home

Fantasy mobster biopics?

Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Fantasy mobster biopics? - 01/06/13 12:39 AM

Are there any biopics you guys would like to see in the future? I'm sure you guys have a whole list of mobsters you would like to see portrayed in a movie but if you had to pick one person who would it be? Mine would be Alphonse D'Arco. He was a trusted capo in the lucchese family who was also acting boss at one time. This is the story of how he almost got whacked. I took it off of wikipedia.

On September 18, 1991, D'Arco attended a meeting of Lucchese leaders in Manhattan's Kimberly Hotel. In the middle of the meeting, Mike DeSantis, a soldier in the crew of panel member Frank Lastorino, showed up even though he wasn't a member of the panel himself. D'Arco noticed DeSantis had a bulge in the small of his back—a sure sign that he was carrying a gun. DeSantis was also wearing a bulletproof vest. Later, DeSantis went to the bathroom—and when he came back, the bulge was gone. D'Arco knew this was a classic setup for a hit; the next person to go into the bathroom was likely to come out blasting. Convinced his life was threatened, D'Arco rushed out of the hotel. His driver was nowhere to be found—another indication that D'Arco had been marked for death.

Now you can't tell me that wouldn't be a classic scene hahaha. Tell me who you would like to see portrayed in a biopic who hasn't been portrayed in one yet.
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Fantasy mobster biopics? - 01/10/13 08:14 PM

How bout another on the iceman...I mean how can you not he's killed every1the mob ever wanted hit.doesn't matter that no informants have put him there he's the iceman I mean c'mon he killed carmine galante AND Paul castellano.or was it bilotti he said he shot?either way he deserves it just from that
Posted By: gamms

Re: Fantasy mobster biopics? - 01/10/13 10:23 PM

neil della croce would be great.
Posted By: stevapalooza

Re: Fantasy mobster biopics? - 01/10/13 10:48 PM

Even though he was featured prominently in Goodfellas, I'd still like to see a proper Jimmy Burke biopic.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Fantasy mobster biopics? - 01/10/13 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: stevapalooza
Even though he was featured prominently in Goodfellas, I'd still like to see a proper Jimmy Burke biopic.

Bio did do one one on him last year.
Posted By: stevapalooza

Re: Fantasy mobster biopics? - 01/12/13 08:03 PM

Was it an actual movie with actors? Or just a documentary? I know Mobsters did an episode on him too.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Fantasy mobster biopics? - 01/12/13 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: stevapalooza
Was it an actual movie with actors? Or just a documentary? I know Mobsters did an episode on him too.

It was a doc. A 1 hour episode of mobsters Jimmy "The Gent" Burke
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Fantasy mobster biopics? - 01/13/13 07:35 PM

I'd like to see both a Barney Belloni one beggining with his youth in East Harlem and him getting made by Fat Tony and co at 19 through his tutelage under Chin, to Street Boss then jail followed by the classic unknown present, also a Joey Merlino one would be very nice
Posted By: DonMega

Re: Fantasy mobster biopics? - 01/20/13 05:23 AM

Donnie brasco tv series true to the book, u can't fit 6 years into a 1 hour and a half film
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET