Home

The Sinatra Club (Book)

Posted By: Wilson

The Sinatra Club (Book) - 01/03/13 06:32 PM

This is a great book. I am reading it right now. May be the best book I have read so far.........

http://www.amazon.com/The-Sinatra-Club-Inside-Mafia/dp/1451642873
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 01/08/13 08:54 AM

^ If thats the best book you ever read I suggest you read more
Posted By: Wilson

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 01/09/13 09:14 PM

I read Murder Machine, Gaspipe (Confessions of a mafia boss), the Butcher and the Iceman. I think the Sinatra Club is the best book.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 01/09/13 09:19 PM

Not read it yet. Your review?
Posted By: Viceguy

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 02/06/13 08:04 PM

Now I know some of you guys rate a book on it's truthfulness, honesty, weather the guy is making up shit, trying to make himself something he was not, excuse or justify his rat-ness, I would expect noting less, here, anyway.

I'm not saying that stuff shouldn't matter ('specially from a mope called Crazy Sal). But for pure entertainment purposes, just the kick of a pleasurable, easy read, with tons of backstage gossip and underhanded intrigue, I think he and his writer did a hellova job. I enjoyed it. Whether it's fodder for historical research on the Gotti era of OC, hey, what can I say? confused

Posted By: TonyJack

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 02/11/13 08:51 PM

iceman's the worse lol Uunderboss and donnie brasco best 1
Posted By: Vigil

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 02/21/13 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Hahahaha!

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 02/21/13 05:28 AM

It was alright, I enjoyed it. I did expect a little bit more though.
Posted By: AllDay27

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 02/22/13 10:00 PM

Anyone know anything more than what the book says about Dom Cataldo's partner Jackie 'Beans' Donnelly? He seems to have been a top earner in the Colombo's from the 60's-80's but there's not too much I could dig up on google about him
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 02/23/13 04:53 AM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

lmaoooo
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 02/23/13 04:54 AM

Originally Posted By: AllDay27
Anyone know anything more than what the book says about Dom Cataldo's partner Jackie 'Beans' Donnelly? He seems to have been a top earner in the Colombo's from the 60's-80's but there's not too much I could dig up on google about him

was he a made guy? if not, then it would be harder to find stuff about him online, good chance it wouldnt make the papers at the time
Posted By: AllDay27

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 02/23/13 07:16 PM

not a made guy, he was irish in the 70's, but definitely a top earner. Thought someone else may have know a little somethin, thanks anyway though

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 03/01/13 05:46 PM

Yeah, I am curious about that guy too.
Posted By: Dafkuwant

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 03/08/13 08:47 AM

Book was okay. Gives you a good insight on other people but some of it seemed like bs. Worth reading however but definitely not the best mafia book I've ever read. Also written all over the place. Likes bits and pieces here and there randomly that didn't coincide with each other.

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 03/08/13 07:37 PM

Yeah, at times it seems like some of it was just copied and pasted from other books and sources...
Posted By: jace

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 03/08/13 11:39 PM

I think they made a movie based on that book.

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 03/09/13 04:39 AM

The movie covers a period of one 24 hour day though. The book covers a couple of decades.
Posted By: joek713

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 12/22/13 10:58 AM

He was my dads uncle, Joseph kearns was my dad. Uncle Jack was a great man. Came to my dads funeral handcuffed w a cop on each arm and said "boys? " then they uncuffed him and he gave me and my sister a $100 bill out of his pockets. This waz in 1986. He waz the patriarch of our family , put all of the younger kearns' through college

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 12/22/13 11:04 AM

My uncle jack paid for my mother and fathers wedding in N.Y.C. at windows of the world. Cost him $40,000 in 1974. He and his wife, my aunt joanne also owned a jewelry store ... he took all his nieces and nephews in at home in elmont. I have so many fond memories of uncle jacks house

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 12/22/13 11:30 AM

His mother was Margaret Donnelly, known to us as Nana Marge. She was my grandmothers sister.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: The Sinatra Club (Book) - 12/23/13 11:27 PM

This was a very interesting and easy to read book. I have no reason to doubt his truthfulness other than his escapades with women, but who cares.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET