Home

Boardwalk Empire Season 4

Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 12/17/12 09:45 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/03/boardwalk-empire-season-4-preview_n_2232526.html

According to the website (link above) Nucky will make his own gang who do you reckon will be in this gang other than Eli?
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 12/18/12 10:17 AM

His German butler?
Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 12/19/12 06:02 PM

I can't wait for the guy with the mask to turn into Batman. He's half-way there already. Am I the only one who thinks of Batman as soon as he opens his flaps? I swear they based that guy on the Batman.

Could be or one of his nemesis two face. He belongs in a super-hero flick. He's too Rambo for Atlantic City OC. He's like that black dude in the Wire, indestructible until a kid blows him away.

You watch, same fate'll happen to this fella. The little munchkin he spends his life protecting will smoke him. Yous will see wait and see. You heard it here first.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 12/19/12 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH
I can't wait for the guy with the mask to turn into Batman. He's half-way there already. Am I the only one who thinks of Batman as soon as he opens his flaps? I swear they based that guy on the Batman.

Could be or one of his nemesis two face. He belongs in a super-hero flick. He's too Rambo for Atlantic City OC. He's like that black dude in the Wire, indestructible until a kid blows him away.

You watch, same fate'll happen to this fella. The little munchkin he spends his life protecting will smoke him. Yous will see wait and see. You heard it here first.

Watch Tommy grow up and smoke him. Your talking about Omar, when the youngbull comes in and blast him
Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 12/19/12 09:45 PM

Yeah Omar the little fuck zapped him lol Once the smooth blind dude was croaked I couldn't wait for him to be scrubbed too.

Yeah Tommy needs to grow but one day yeah it'll happen.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 12/22/12 04:25 PM

Jeez did anyone else know how many of the actors are English on the show??? Margaret, Meyer Lansky, Al Capone and Richard?? probably some Iv'e missed, wonder why the makers looked across the pond for numerous actors? They did a great job though!
Posted By: Dandi

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 12/22/12 06:36 PM

Not sure Kelly MacDonald would appreciate your post wink
Posted By: olivant

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 12/30/12 07:22 PM

I was watching a recent episode of Happily Divorced. Who shows up? Rosetti of all people. He played a waiter.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/06/13 12:02 AM

Richard harrow, Eli, chalky and his guys, maybe some of Jonny torrio and al capones guys
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/07/13 05:31 PM

Is this series any good? I dont have hbo but i have the full series of the wire and the sopranos on my labtop via Frostwire. Also Oz and Breaking Bad. Is this worth watching?
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/07/13 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
Is this series any good? I dont have hbo but i have the full series of the wire and the sopranos on my labtop via Frostwire. Also Oz and Breaking Bad. Is this worth watching?

Definitely, not on the level of sopranos and the wire, maybe around oz breaking bad level. Very good show!

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/07/13 08:47 PM

Thanks nicky

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/08/13 12:00 AM

Click to reveal..
Winter also looked ahead to Season 4, which will pick up a year after the Season 3 finale in 1924, and dished a few details about the trajectory that Nucky, Capone, Luciano, Lanksy and Van Alden will take. He said Nucky would evolve into a more focused gangster after his feud with Rosetti. "He's much more tightly organized, much more calculating -- a much more shrewd gangster," Winter told TV Guide. Sticking to the pledge he made to Eli that he would keep a tight circle, "Nucky will create his own gang" in the new season," Winter told EW.

In 1924, Al Capone made his big move in Chicago, taking over the town of Cicero, Illinois. Winter teased that Capone's rise will feature prominently in the show's new season, and he told EW that Nelson Van Alden's position between Capone and his rival Dean O'Banion "will play out in a big way." Luciano and Lansky will also be ascendant in the new season, maturing into "the gangsters we now know them to be."

Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/09/13 07:04 PM

Thanks Oli, sounds interesting. smile

TIS

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/10/13 12:01 AM

Just downloaded season 1&2. First episode was great! I can definately tell its a Scorsece peice tho... lol
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/10/13 04:15 PM

I got so pissed when they killed jimmy that I turned it off and ha nt watchful an episode since.he saved nuckys ass and should at least bn able to kill the jew that shot his wife.bs I hate/love this show

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/10/13 05:21 PM

Fuck you tommy.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/10/13 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: tommykarate
I got so pissed when they killed jimmy that I turned it off and ha nt watchful an episode since.he saved nuckys ass and should at least bn able to kill the jew that shot his wife.bs I hate/love this show

It's funny you say that a lot of people stopped watching the show when he died
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/10/13 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
Fuck you tommy.

Me? Wtf is wrong with u.watd I say.....yea I believe it d.n if theyds let jimmy kill him 1stand uda been fine I think
Posted By: DonMega

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/20/13 03:44 PM

So excited bugs Moran is coming Albert anastsia and the rest hope they show more NYC gangsters and how the family's started.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/20/13 08:55 PM

Where'd they say anything about Albert Anastasia? I like the way they incorporated Bugsy Siegel in Season 2 & 3, as just a little kid being molded into a gangster. Then they sent him off in exile after his attempt to hit Rosetti. Hopefully he come's back into the series as a bigger player. And if Season 4 is going to mostly be about Capone's rise, I wonder if they'll include The Genna Brothers and Anslemi and Scalise. That would be cool.

I too hated when they killed Jimmy, I couldn't believe it, then they replaced him with that pussy Owen. I hated that guy, to the point where I was happy when Nucky discovered his lifeless body in a crate.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/20/13 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Where'd they say anything about Albert Anastasia?

Anastasia, Vito Genovese, Joe Adonis, and Bugsy Siegel rushed into the dining room and shot Masseria to death.
So i guess there gonna introduce all these guys,also hope the spend more time in NYC & Chicago in this season cause the NUCKY VS Rivals is getting abit repeative smile
Posted By: Ted

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 02/12/13 02:31 AM

Quote:
Luciano and Lansky will also be ascendant in the new season, maturing into "the gangsters we now know them to be."

It's about time. By the mid 1920s, Luciano becomes one of the biggest bootleggers in New York. They really couldn't portray him as the immature gangster much longer.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 02/13/13 07:51 PM

I WANT BUGSY MORAN!!! and i hope they dont turn that cop into him like the rumors that are popping up online

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 04/15/13 12:44 PM

well after that last scene with Rothstein and Luciano
<scene below don't watch if you haven't seen the last episode>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiVAUunyiag
Posted By: ChardeeMcDennis

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 08/22/13 12:12 PM

I like the way they incorporated Bugsy Siegel in Season 2 & 3, as just a little kid being molded into a gangster. Then they sent him off in exile after his attempt to hit Rosetti.

that insane asshole kid is bugsy siegel?! i never knew!

Boardwalk empire season 4 - 08/23/13 04:42 PM

What should we expect from B.E this year? Is Luciano going to rise to the top like he did in real life or is it too early for that? Is maranzano going to come into the picture? Is Nucky going to start his own crew and create his own mafia? So many things could happen.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 08/27/13 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: ChardeeMcDennis
I like the way they incorporated Bugsy Siegel in Season 2 & 3, as just a little kid being molded into a gangster. Then they sent him off in exile after his attempt to hit Rosetti.

I'm surprised how many people don't know this.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 08/27/13 07:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Ted

I'm surprised how many people don't know this.

i'm surprised at myself for not picking up on something so obvious, i'm usually good at picking up this kind of stuff so i've no idea how this one escaped me...the kid's name is benny for christ's sake! lmao

it is a bit confusing though as he's portrayed as a kid being mentored by lansky when in real life they were closer to being partners and there was only 4 years between them, but in the show it seems like there's a lot greater gap in age, status and maturity

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 08/29/13 12:32 AM

To be fair the show should of mentioned his last name at least once. That would of made it clearer who he was.
Posted By: littlemango

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 08/29/13 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: DonMega
Where'd they say anything about Albert Anastasia?

Anastasia, Vito Genovese, Joe Adonis, and Bugsy Siegel rushed into the dining room and shot Masseria to death.

The show is no where near that unless the show plans on advancing 7 years this season.

If you haven't seen the show, everything I say from this point will be spoilers, even though i'm not really saying anything most of you aren't already familiar with.
I like this show because, like many of you, I have read and are familiar with the life arcs of many of the characters. For instance I enjoyed when show sowed the seeds of the future when masseria tries to recruit luciano speaking in italian when masseria meets with rothstein.

I think the arc they're going to take based on where the show is and the previews is the heroin double cross at the end of last season is the split between rothstein and luciano, so it'll be luciano and meyer further establishing themselves until lucky joins masseria sometime later in the decade.

and frankly, i'm glad nucky killed jimmy way back in season 2. Jimmy deserved it, there was no way nucky could do anything else.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/06/13 08:49 PM

I understand that a good portion will focus on Capone and the 1924 Cicero mayoral election. Basically, it was the "birth" of Capone taking over Cicero. Illinois. They will be introducing two of his brothers as well, Frank & Ralph Capone. Sounds pretty interesting.... Stay tuned!
Posted By: SC

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/07/13 04:58 AM

Two more nights!!!

Reminder: Season 4 starts Sunday, September 8th.
Posted By: southend

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/07/13 12:16 PM

Can't wait. What a great week for T.V. - Boardwalk Empire on the 8th, Sons Of Anarchy on the 10th. And Breaking Bad @ 9:00 so that's something to watch right before Boardwalk since I'm sure that starts at 10:00. Sweet.
Posted By: TheIsland

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/08/13 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Two more nights!!!

Reminder: Season 4 starts Sunday, September 8th.

Are you sure the premier is tonight SC?

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/08/13 10:12 PM

Nevermind your right SC.

S4/Ep01

The fourth season begins in February 1924, as Nucky tries to make peace with Joe Masseria and helps Chalky Clean up after an incident at a seedy hotel. Meanwhile, Gillian seeks custody of her grandson.(HBO)

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/08/13 11:07 PM

I didn't realize the new season started today. I'm watching season 3 finale now. Glad I am too. So much time has passed and I need the memory refresher.

smile

TIS

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/08/13 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I didn't realize the new season started today. I'm watching season 3 finale now. Glad I am too. So much time has passed and I need the memory refresher.

smile

TIS

When summer ends Boardwalk begins

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/09/13 03:13 AM

Gotta get back into the mindset for this season. blush

I'm not sure where any of tonight's "sub-stories" are heading. Richard looks like he's going to retire (after stealing the deed to where? Gillian's house? his sister's house?)

Will Dunn be made to be a problem for Chalky this season? Sure looked like Chalky was pissed off at Dunn.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/09/13 03:27 AM

Is dunn the guy who f'd the white girl?

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/09/13 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: TheIsland

He's Chalky's assistant who was fucking the girl while her husband watched. That broken bottle up the neck was nasty!

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/09/13 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: TheIsland

He's Chalky's assistant who was fucking the girl while her husband watched. That broken bottle up the neck was nasty!

Well the guy looked back and saw him masturbating too it. Were not talking modern day SC would've you done the same thing(kill the homo)??
Posted By: jace

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/09/13 06:38 AM

Is it me or are they filming it different, as if they are going for a darker feel to the show? I miss the Gyp Rosetti character from last season. He bought a certain tension to any scene he was in, the show is missing that now. Gyp should have been kept alive for one more season.

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/09/13 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: jace
Is it me or are they filming it different, as if they are going for a darker feel to the show?

Hard to tell after just one episode. The Capone brothers subplot seemed to be a lighter side of the show.

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/09/13 01:13 PM

Not a bad episode IMHO. Richard is on a roll; Jillian hooked on drugs? uhwhat And Capone was hilarious getting so pissed at his name being misspelled. lol Ha ha He wouldn't let it go.

TIS

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/09/13 01:39 PM

Not a bad episode IMHO. Richard is on a roll; Jillian hooked on drugs?

The fact that Gillian is hooked on drugs now is not a surprise. I hope that [BadWord] gets a hot dose and explodes. wink

What is up with Richard? confused

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/09/13 02:15 PM

Chalky's assistant (don't know his name) surprised me bashing the crap out of that guy with the borken bottle. Looks like Chalky & Nucky have developed a business bond.

I am kind of confused as to whom all the people Richard is killing are. confused Man it was a bloodbath wasn't it? I still feel sorry for Richard though.

Yes SC I agree on Gillian. She is a real bitch. Did she end up getting her grandson back? I don't think it was clear but God, I hope not. mad

TIS

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/09/13 02:38 PM

Chalky's assistant (don't know his name) surprised me bashing the crap out of that guy with the borken bottle. Looks like Chalky & Nucky have developed a business bond.

I am kind of confused as to whom all the people Richard is killing are. confused Man it was a bloodbath wasn't it? I still feel sorry for Richard though.

Yes SC I agree on Gillian. She is a real bitch. Did she end up getting her grandson back? I don't think it was clear but God, I hope not. mad

TIS

Where is Tommy (Gillians Grandson/Tommy's kid)? I remember her giving Richard shit at the end of season 3. She wanted/wants to keep her grandson in a fantasy-land about his father.

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/09/13 02:48 PM

I think Richard brought him to his girlfriend's house. They showed the court proceeding where Jillian tried to make her case, but I wasn't clear as to how it ended. confused

Speaking again of Jillian, I watched the last couple episodes of last season before last night's. Jillian tells Richard basically not to dream too big because of his "condition" his dreams won't ever come true. What a cold hearted bitch! mad Richard, don't put that gun away yet. lol

Did you see next week's preview? It looks like Richard goes to his family. I think the girl was his sister.

TIS

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/09/13 03:13 PM

Did you see next week's preview? It looks like Richard goes to his family. I think the girl was his sister.

The girl holding the rifle on Richard was his sister. There had been a few references to her in earlier seasons.

I don't understand why Richard killed the three guys near the beginning of the episode. There was some sort of deed involved as well as some money. What is the story there?

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/09/13 03:15 PM

Yes, I saw that deed too and I'm confused on that as well. confused Wouldn't be Jillian's? She's trying to sell her house but really doesn't want to???

TIS
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/09/13 04:00 PM

I just hope that Narcisse won't turn out to be a 1 season antagonist, to be executed by the end of it. Just like Rosetti, the D'Alessios, etc...

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/09/13 04:16 PM

I like the show, but I feel like they continue to paint themselves into corners with their characters. It's as though they know that the real characters have to go one way so to counterbalance that they make the non-real characters more unpredictable but that puts them in story lines that don't fit with what the show should be focusing on.

Getting into the mid and late 20's, this show is primed to really do some good stuff with chicago and new york. capone fighting with irish and to a lesser extent the sicilians, masseria trying to take over new york and starting the castellamarese war. There's a lot of really good, fact based stuff they could do to but a lot of it is outside the sphere of the atlantic city world.
I'm also kind of bothered that they show masseria with such dignity. the guy was renowned slob, and treated himself more like an american. That's not how the show presents the character.

I think Buscemi is great as nucky and I like nucky, but I think the transformation of him to a gangster wasn't the original intent and he'd have been better served being the political arm of the show while the gangster side was focused on guys like luciano and capone. It makes for their to be to much if you're doing the italian gangs and nucky's irish atlantic city gang along with all the side plots and characters who are examples of other types of people from the era.
Posted By: 12thStreet

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/09/13 05:21 PM

I love the Richard character. He adds a dimension to the show that is unreal. Am interested about what happens back in Wisconsin. The Capone/Cicero stuff is undeniably interesting to me seeing as that's my old neighborhood. Am curious if and when guys like Ricca and Accardo get introduced. It was Accardo who saved Capone's life in a drive-by shooting at the Hawthorne Inn on 22nd and Cicero and the Inn was mentioned last night. Capone is alleged to have brought in Aiuppa as well. The NY stuff historically interesting too with Luciano and Lansky-the 2 understudys of Masseria and Rothstein, respectively-who we know are just chomping at the bit to knock down their bosses and take over. LOVE this show...
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/09/13 06:03 PM

Best thing so far is NO MARGARET!! clap lol God i hope she doesn't return.

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/09/13 08:14 PM

Ha ha!! Gillian bugs me more than Margaret but I'm sure we'll see more of her.

There is a good (or should I say caring) streak in Nucky. He seems to really care about his Butler for instance. He made sure to that he got help when he got shot. Plus he still has a desire to help Margaret.

TIS

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/10/13 02:17 AM

Who were the men that Richard murdered?

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/10/13 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
Who were the men that Richard murdered?

Right now that's the $64 question for me. My best guess is that the first two were con men who fleeced smalltown people in some kind of real estate scheme (they talked about making a big score. The fact that the envelope which Richard took had a title insurance company name leads me to think it was real estate). Richard killed the third guy in his real estate office and was claiming he was only a moneyman in the deal.

I'm thinking that Richard's sister (seen at the end of the episode) was swindled by these con men and Richard avenged that wrongdoing before going home to settle down.

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/10/13 03:34 AM

Thanks SC.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/10/13 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By: 12thStreet
I love the Richard character. He adds a dimension to the show that is unreal. Am interested about what happens back in Wisconsin. The Capone/Cicero stuff is undeniably interesting to me seeing as that's my old neighborhood. Am curious if and when guys like Ricca and Accardo get introduced. It was Accardo who saved Capone's life in a drive-by shooting at the Hawthorne Inn on 22nd and Cicero and the Inn was mentioned last night. Capone is alleged to have brought in Aiuppa as well. The NY stuff historically interesting too with Luciano and Lansky-the 2 understudys of Masseria and Rothstein, respectively-who we know are just chomping at the bit to knock down their bosses and take over. LOVE this show...
FYI, it was Frankie Rio who threw Capone to the floor and shielded him during the Hawthorne shooting.It is said that he was such a fanatically loyal bodyguard that he would sleep on a cot outside Capone's hotel room door.
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/10/13 11:48 AM

The new episode was definitely a good one as i thought it would be. At the end of last season i thought Gillian would have died but it dont surprise me that shes doing dope now. shes just a sick character. And SC I agree with you on everything with Richard but we will have to wait and see what happens sunday!

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/10/13 11:55 AM

Another thing that I noticed was the mentioning of Owney Madden two different times in the show. I know he was a bootlegger during prohibition in hells kitchen and all around manhattan. Something tells me there gonna be a beef or maybe just introducing a new character from that era.. and AGENT Warran Knox? wow i was not expecting any of that.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/10/13 12:00 PM

here is a picture of the real Owney Madden....

Description: Owney "The Killer" Madden
Attached picture OwneyMadden.jpg

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/10/13 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Best thing so far is NO MARGARET!! clap lol God i hope she doesn't return.

I'd give it to her, you wouldn't?

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/11/13 10:39 AM

i can't believe that nobody is wondering what's up with the prohibition agent who led his corrupt partner to his death then refused to help him.

he acts really dense but judging by the end that's just a front so that people underestimate him. question is...who the hell is he and what's his plan??

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/13/13 01:27 AM

A sudden realization! I was watching Season 3 (final episode) of "The Sopranos" (the one in which Jackie, Jr. was shot) and just noticed that the guy who was hiding Jackie in his housing project apartment was none other than the guy who plays Chalky White!

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/13/13 02:15 AM

Michael K Williams (the actor who plays chalky white) is most famous for his role as Omar in The Wire

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/13/13 10:09 AM

yeah man check out the wire if you havn't already, he plays omar which is a pretty massive role through all 5 seasons and he's a fuckin badass!

oh and the scar's real
Posted By: F_white

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/13/13 04:23 PM

The best character on the show.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/13/13 06:25 PM

I'm not sure where any of tonight's "sub-stories" are heading.

It's been like that every season: six or seven subplots, all brilliantly filmed and filled with (mostly gory) action--and going just about nowhere from episode to episode (and season to season in some cases).

Who is Richard working for?

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/13/13 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Who is Richard working for?

I believe his final acts (in this season premiere) were all for himself and his sister. I have the sinking feeling that Richard is "retiring" and will be written out of the show. I hope I'm wrong.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/14/13 01:35 AM

Thanks, SC, and I agree: Richard is one of the best characters on the show.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/14/13 02:43 PM

Ditto!

Richard is most definitely one of the best characters on the show. He was a true and loyal soldier to Jimmy and remains true and loyal to Jimmy's memory. He really loves Jimmy's little boy. Such a great character!

I also loved Bobby Canavale's character, Gyp Rosetti, and was sad to see him written out of the show.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/16/13 01:22 PM

What a poignant scene when Richard could not help his sister with Sampson the dog. I won't spoil the story with details. He is such a multi-layered character that you can't help but love him and root for him. I also see Chalky's fuse growing shorter and shorter with each episode. Loved the introduction of Hoover and of course, the Capone/Cicero stuff. Van Alden/Mueller is something else. Look forward to seeing more of this season.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/16/13 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark
What a poignant scene when Richard could not help his sister with Sampson the dog. I won't spoil the story with details. He is such a multi-layered character that you can't help but love him and root for him.

I'm afraid the episode is pointing to Richard's downfall. You can't have a soft spot and survive in that business. You can't cut out on a contract and not expect repercussions. The coming attractions (for next week's show) look like Richard's sister is getting drawn into the act between Richard and Liebling (the guy who paid Richard to kill the others).

I also see Chalky's fuse growing shorter and shorter with each episode.

It looks like Chalky is not so happy with Dunn anymore. Dunn ended up costing Chalky 10% of his nightclub.

At the same time I loved that the bitch Alma (the woman whose husband was killed by Dunn) got hers!

Loved the introduction of Hoover

Should be interesting to see how this works out. Gaston Means sure had his info wrong and that "new" agent Knox is gonna be a real prick.

Van Alden/Mueller is something else.

Hilarious seeing vanAlden getting beat up (and giving it back) in the fight scene with Capone's men.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/16/13 03:40 PM

Not a bad episode last night. smile

The Dr. (therapist for Alma), who wanted the 10 per cent..I assume Alma was suppose to get a cut as well and that's why they killed her?

I'm kinda confused by Van Alden as to which side he's on? Wasn't he helping Capone??? For some reason I find him kind of amusing. confused

I don't want Richard to be written out. I agree with SC, you can't help but root for his character.

Also, Nucky actually has a good side no? He's very protective and kind to people he likes (his butler for instance....tho the Butler seems to be moving up.) lol

For those Margaret haters, at least she wasn't in last night's episode that I recall.

TIS

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/16/13 04:05 PM

For those Margaret haters, at least she wasn't in last night's episode that I recall.

YEA!!...... clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/16/13 04:36 PM

The Dr. (therapist for Alma), who wanted the 10 per cent..I assume Alma was suppose to get a cut as well and that's why they killed her?

That [BadWord] Alma wasn't supposed to get any cut. "Doctor" Narcisse was using her as an excuse for Owney Madden (back in New York and for whom the "doctor" works) to move in on Chalky's business. Alma was killed because they knew she was lying to them (about being raped) and she was of no further use to them after they got their 10%.

I'm kinda confused by Van Alden as to which side he's on? Wasn't he helping Capone??? For some reason I find him kind of amusing. confused

For me, that 's the wonderful beauty of the vanAlden situation. He's being used by BOTH sides (Capone and O'Bannion) and vanAlden is caught in the middle. He's (for me) the comic relief in the show. The former bible-thumping, holier-than-thou G-man is now caught in this personal hell. lol clap

I love this show!

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/17/13 03:06 AM

nucky asks narcisse to kill the girl as part of the deal for the club.

He says something about ending this problem or getting rid of this problem or making the girl no longer a problem when they're finalizing the deal.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Boardwalk empire season 4 - 09/18/13 06:16 AM

i can't believe that nobody is wondering what's up with the prohibition agent who led his corrupt partner to his death then refused to help him.

he acts really dense but judging by the end that's just a front so that people underestimate him. question is...who the hell is he and what's his plan??

Yeah, that was my question as well. I watched this recent episode half asleep, but it seemed this new agent is working undercover. Or maybe I dreamed something about it. lol

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/18/13 03:32 PM

by Sairobee.
Illustrator and Boardwalk Empire fan.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/19/13 01:28 AM

LuanKuci,
Thanks for the share. Nicely done art and commentary.Got a few chuckles out of me.His website has some way cool stuff on it also.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/20/13 08:55 AM

has it shown in england?

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/20/13 05:53 PM

don't mention it. it killed me too.

i hope he does it for season 4 soon.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/20/13 10:38 PM

Jeffrey Wright explains the inspiration behind and his interpretation of his character, Dr. Narcisse.

Q&A with Jeffrey Wright

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/23/13 03:00 AM

I was switching between BE and the game so I missed why Richard decided to leave.

So, why did he?
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/24/13 05:37 PM

I don't know if its me oif they just milk this stuff too long. I think most of these great series get stale after a while and they all just run too long. I remember being glued to the Sopranos, Game of thrones and Boardwalk Empire the first two seasons, but then it always trails off. I couldn't even tell you what is going on with Boardwalk Empire anymore.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/24/13 05:52 PM

You make a good point DT. However, I think it's a strategy by the producers. Your description of some of the episodes is intended to lull one into some state of complacency and then follow it up with a blockbuster episode the intensity of which is multiplied. It's kind of like drinking a coke just because and drinking a coke after digging a ditch. The latter is much more appreciated and refreshing.

By the way, since noone else answered my post above, why did Richard leave?

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/28/13 11:22 AM

I think that Richard left because he could not deal with the fact that he had made his sister a killer nor could his sister reconcile with the fact that her brother was one.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/30/13 03:12 AM

Missed the first showing of tonight's episode and just tuned in. The lady singer in Chalky's club? Is she somebody famous that I'm not recognizing and is she suppose to be a famous singer from that time? Anyway, she has a nice voice.

smile

TIS

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 09/30/13 10:14 PM

Is it me or is this show becoming to predictable.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/01/13 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By: F_white
Is it me or is this show becoming to predictable.

personally i don't think so, although i've not seen the latest ep yet.

i have to admit though even though it's still a really good show which i enjoy very much, i think it's been going downhill since season 2, it's becoming less and less realistic which is one of the main reasons why i enjoyed it so much in the first place.

on one hand you have real life characters with some degree of historical accuracy which i love, then on the other hand lately you have loads of annoying cryptic characters popping up and speaking in riddles as if they're trying to give the show a supernatural vibe which i don't like at all.

it all started with gaston means and the latest additions of this kind are dr narcisse and hoover's undercover. i'd really like for the show to just go back to the way it was and continue the story of nucky and the gangsters of that period without trying to make things weird all the time.

what do you guys think?

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/01/13 04:52 PM

It feel like the show is going away from what made it good,but i do like the Dr.Narcisse angle of the story.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/02/13 05:05 PM

In real life,O'Banion was supposed to be an inveterate practical joker with a sadistic slant. An innocent gag for him would be to give a guy Ex-Lax and tell him it was chocolate. The shooting bet that he made in the episode was based on his penchant for secretly packing both barrels of a shotgun with clay and betting his victims that they couldn't hit a particular target.
Supposedly,he would fall down laughing when the barrel exploded and the victim lost an eye, or hand, or part of an arm.

On a side note isn't it funny that an extremely narcissistic character is named Narcisse?
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/03/13 09:03 PM

The biggets problem is that this show really misses the Jimmy darmody character. I dont think the writers anticipated Jimmy to become a breakout character, Steve Buscemi si a fine actor but teh Nucky Thompson characterjust isnt as interesting.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/03/13 11:02 PM

I like the new season and the more it focuses on the chicago and new york gangsters (AR, Meyer, Lucky and Al) and away from terrible characters like jim's mom or Margaret- the better it is. Really like Nelson Van Alden with Capone and O'Banion.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/04/13 10:09 AM

Missed the first showing of tonight's episode and just tuned in. The lady singer in Chalky's club? Is she somebody famous that I'm not recognizing and is she suppose to be a famous singer from that time? Anyway, she has a nice voice.

smile

TIS

No, I think that her character, Daughter Maitland, is an amalgamation of people like Bessie Smith, Ivie Anderson, and Ma Rainey. The actress, Margot Bingham, is a pretty talented singer who sings in neo-soul groups, electronica, and 40s style jazz bands. Her primary training is in 40s music so going back to the 20s was a stretch. She's also been in "Rent" and a few other theater shows. She performs live in NY jazz clubs.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/07/13 12:11 PM

Not sure who said the show is being too predictable and saw Eddie taking a dive that was out there especially since they were building him up to be Nuckys top lieutenant in the bootlegging business

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/07/13 12:40 PM

Eddie was a big surprise. I figured it out when he started crying after the FBI guys told him they found his sons (and you just knew that Eddie was ashamed of himself). Still, it was sad to see him go.

I already knew that Frank Capone died at the election thing (in real life) but it was kind of sappy how they made van Alden look like the cause for Frank to pull his gun (and then the Chicago cops shoot him). In real life, Frank Capone was shot like they portrayed on the show supposedly after he pulled his gun. Many witnesses swore, though, that Capone never did reach for his gun.

WTF is up with how they're portraying Al Capone as a big cokehead? Was he, in real life?

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/07/13 03:00 PM

I felt bad for Eddie. He didn't know what hew as getting into. frown Yea, I was wondering about Capone & cocaine also. I'm sure it was available then but I never heard he was a user. Jillian is really hooked isn't she? I am so glad she didn't get to take her grandson.

TIS

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/07/13 06:57 PM

Eddie scene was a big surprise to be shamed like that,but is Frank death scene out of GF (Sonny death scene)?

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/08/13 06:12 PM

Personally I think this is the best season to date so far. Then again, I say that about pretty much every season of boardwalk empire lol. But I think it's been brilliant this year without a doubt. I can't wait to see Nucky, meyer and Luciano work together. Hopefully with Eddie gone harrow will come back to AC and work for Nucky as his body guard or something. It was sad how Eddie went tho. And a lot of people say that when Frankie got killed Al Capone really changed and his persona became more like it was when he became boss. So I think we will see the rise of Al Capone from here on out.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/08/13 06:14 PM

And no F_White it happened like that in real life

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/09/13 09:04 PM

I wondered the same thing about Capone. I can't remember reading anything about Capone being like that with drugs - especially cocaine. I've read a lot about him in the past but if it's true I guess you learn something new every day.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/13/13 05:47 AM

Apparently this week Margaret will return. grin

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/13/13 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: afsaneh77

But what about the "cheedle-drin?" smile

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/13/13 05:56 PM

No! NO!! NO!!NO!!! cry mad

Well at least Richard goes back to AC this episode. Hopefully he'll get his mojo back.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/13/13 07:44 PM

How do you know that she will be coming back this week exactly?

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/13/13 07:44 PM

Well actually it would be today.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/13/13 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
How do you know that she will be coming back this week exactly?

afsaneh77 is right...i looked it up.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2013/10/boardwalk-empire-north-star-preview.html

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/13/13 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

No! NO!! NO!!NO!!! cry mad

Well at least Richard goes back to AC this episode. Hopefully he'll get his mojo back.

Is there anyone out there that likes margaret and her retarded, meaningless half-cocked plot lines? Birth Control in the 20s against the Church...ooooo really edgy.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/14/13 08:47 AM

I read about that, I've not yet been able to watch this episode. I follow 8 series that air on Sundays and frankly I'd rather watch most of them before Boardwalk. This show jumps hither and thither and makes you lose interest in the characters. I honestly can't care about any of the characters right now, let alone Margaret. I just knew she had so many fans here, they were grateful for her performances in the first few episodes of this season. wink grin So I thought I would give them some good news. grin

All that said, I was sad about what Eddie did last week.

But what about the "cheedle-drin?" smile

Whatever she does, she does it for the cheeeldrin. wink lol

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/14/13 04:38 PM

I can't think of too many shows better than boardwalk empire right now.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/14/13 04:40 PM

Good seeing Patricia Arquette on the show this week, i always liked her. Pretty funny when she punched Nucky around and then Nucky ("I won't hit a woman" ) gave her a shot back.

Sally must be dynamite in the sack clap because the next day she's handling Nucky's big land deal.

Margaret sucks....as usual. mad

I hope Chalky eventually takes out both Narcisse and Dunn. Chalky's da man. cool

I think Eli knows somethings up with Knox. The initials on the handkerchief didn't add up. Hoover keeps calling him Jim.....hmmm.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/16/13 10:44 PM

This show jumps hither and thither and makes you lose interest in the characters. I honestly can't care about any of the characters right now

I'm with you Afs. I am not feeling it at all this season.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/19/13 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
This show jumps hither and thither and makes you lose interest in the characters. I honestly can't care about any of the characters right now

I'm with you Afs. I am not feeling it at all this season.

Hi DC! Can I suggest watching Homeland? I think you might like it. It has not been great this 3rd season, but it did have two solid first seasons.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/20/13 02:05 AM

Given the top notch casting and complex character development storylines,it's hard to single anyone out,but I have to give Michael Shannon's portrayal of Van Alden an A+. He captures the essence of each completely different person that Nelson has been since the Fed days.

He plays menacing,victimized,amoral,fanatic,warm,cold,meek,clueless,all equally well,and does it at a level second to none.
And as the icing on the cake,he has supplied me with some of the best laugh-out-loud moments in the entire series run.
He really holds his own in a show filled with incredible actors.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/21/13 11:54 PM

Dr. Narcisse is really something else. He's running circles around Chalky right now. We'll see how much longer that lasts. I thought that preacher was pretty brave. That Narcisse and Daughter relationship is twisted.

I'm not too interested in Nucky's nephew's storyline.
I did like how it was Eli who was concerned enough about Know/Tolliver to raise a warning flag.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/22/13 03:06 AM

Dr.Narcisse is the best part of the show now.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 10/29/13 10:33 AM

Erik LaRay Harvey (Dunn Purnsley) speaks of his role in most recent episode. This has spoilers if you haven't watched episode yet.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/04/13 05:53 PM

Too bad nobody discusses this show anymore (assuming some still watch it). It's taken a few good turns lately.

Only three episodes left this season. Who is gonna be on the dead list by season's end? Richard??, van Alden??, Chalky??, Dr Narcisse??

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/04/13 07:08 PM

Too bad nobody discusses this show anymore (assuming some still watch it). It's taken a few good turns lately.

Only three episodes left this season. Who is gonna be on the dead list by season's end? Richard??, van Alden??, Chalky??, Dr Narcisse??
I agree. I would love to see more posts on the show. This board always provides me with a lot of enjoyment and food for thought,so hopefully we can get more BE fans.
As to speculation,I know that some major character will have to go in the season finale. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Van Alden.I think it would be a major mistake,especially given his behavior in the Marriage and Hunting episode. This was IMHO,his best appearance so far,and really gets to the core of the Gold Medal World Class wackadoo that he is. Having said that,I can envision some possible end-game scenarios.
1)He gets killed taking a bullet for Capone in an attempt to prove his loyalty.
2)He gets found out,arrested,and facing the chair,kills himself.
3)After his sex,money,and confession scene with the wife, his former religious fanaticism and newfound homicidal expertise come to a vortex and he turns himself in to save his soul.
I hope I'm wrong,because Michael Shannon as Van Alden/Mueller is one of the best acting jobs in the series. No matter what the context,or amount of time we see him on screen,he never fails to deliver a solid performance. I hope he makes it to the end of the show,but it's BE,so who can say?

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/07/13 01:50 AM

I don't see Van Alden going anytime soon. Dude put up a epic performance this week that instantly made him far more interesting than Nucky et al.

Dr Narcisse will probably get whacked as the season's villain. Chalky and Richard are also possibilities, I think for the most part Richard is starting to outlive his original usefulness to the show.
Posted By: JoeyTinEar

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/07/13 05:06 AM

Narcisse is going to die for sure. I think Richard may go but I doubt it. Chucky not likely.
Posted By: famed_hitman

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/07/13 06:10 PM

the first two seasons were great, and with the beginning of 3rd until 4th, they've lost the reality, in my opinion, and it turned into a cartoon movie.

specially, during Capone-Chalky vs. Massino's men, i mean it was all crap ...
Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/07/13 06:41 PM

Nucky now owns the insurance policy for Mickey Doyle. We can see him as part of the dead list for this season
Posted By: JoeyTinEar

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/12/13 01:57 AM

Episode was great last night.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/12/13 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: JoeyTinEar
Episode was great last night.

The best one of the season.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/18/13 02:53 AM

Anyone watching tonight's episode? Unless I missed something, I did NOT see that coming uhwhat

TIS

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/18/13 03:00 AM

Anyone watching tonight's episode? Unless I missed something, I did NOT see that coming uhwhat

Gillian getting fucked?? lol lol clap

Wow!!

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/18/13 03:21 AM

Ha ha ha!!! She sure did. Earlier I was afraid she was gonna try and take her grandson. Glad Richard was there.

AND, Nucky knows something is up with Eli but I'm not quite sure what it was that Eli was suppose to do but got impression it was to betray his brother. confused

TIS

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/18/13 03:26 AM

I'm happy that Gillian got busted. She had a lot worse coming to her.

Not so sure that Nucky knows about Eli's cooperating with Feds.

Can Nucky and Chalky clear up the misunderstanding between them? (Sure hope they do).

One show left frown

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/18/13 03:36 AM

Well I'm hoping Eli has a change of heart but have a feeling Nucky will figure it out. At least he was curious about the "insurance" guy.

I'm not surprised that Chalky is mad at Nucky even tho Nucky's not to blame. I kind of think they'll work it out. I think they have a level of trust in each other.

smile

TIS

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/18/13 07:09 AM

Well I'm hoping Eli has a change of heart but have a feeling Nucky will figure it out. At least he was curious about the "insurance" guy.

I re-watched the episode and agree, TIS. I think Nucky already figured out that Eli is the skunk that Means was talking about.
Posted By: NightOwl

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/18/13 10:14 AM

Gillian getting fucked?? lol lol clap

Wow!!

I'll have to check that out. Too bad it's not hardcore I'm sure she would put on a show she's got it in her. Then again it is HBO.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/18/13 12:51 PM

If you recall I think it was last episode that Gillian walked in on the "Office Space" guy (Ron Livingston) and he quickly changed what he was saying on the telephone.

I also would hope that Nucky and Chalky make new alliance but it's hard to see how that happens. Even before the murder attempt Chalky felt that Nucky wasn't being supportive enough while Nucky thought that Chalky was being too demanding.

Daughter has saved Chalky's life before but was she the one who told Narcisse's men where to find Chalky? Seems convenient she left right before they arrived. whistle

Gillian is a bad person but I do like how the show made a murderous incestuous prostitute more sympathetic. She was after all a victim of child abuse which was abetted by Nucky. It's ironic that when she finally lets her guard down, confesses, not out of guilt but from love that that's when she gets it.
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/18/13 02:09 PM

Yeah, I was wondering who gave up Chalky myself. Did one of those three men who were at Oscar's house leave at one point too? Was he seen at the end?

Gillian got her comeuppance and I couldn't be any more pleased!

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/19/13 02:33 PM

What is next one episode to go!!!

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/23/13 03:16 PM

Nucky has a bad feeling Eli is the skunk. If you watch the preview to the finale, you see Eli with a gun to his forehead, if you look it seems Nucky's the one pointing it at him. This has been such a killer season, and I have a feeling Scorsese wont disappoint us with the finale. And your right, one of Oscar's sons or whoever left the house during the chess game and wasn't outside shooting at Narcisse's men just the other two Winston and the other one.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/24/13 10:06 PM

Personally I really believe this is the best show on tv.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/24/13 10:06 PM

REMINDER: Season ending episode tonight!

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/25/13 02:42 AM

SPOILERS TONIGHT'S EPISODE:

OMG!!! Eli is unhinged!!!!! uhwhat

And Richard missed his aim???? Wow

TIS

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/25/13 03:02 AM

FUCK!!!

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/25/13 03:09 AM

No kidding!!!! I didn't see that coming either!! Damn!!!!! mad

TIS

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/25/13 03:11 AM

No kidding!!!! I didn't see that coming either!! Damn!!!!!

DOUBLE FUCK!!!!!!

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/25/13 03:19 AM

Lots of stuff happening tonight it seems. I need to re-watch cause I know I missed something. confused

Eli had gun to his head twice. Not a very good day for him was it? lol

TIS

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/25/13 04:16 AM

I'll put my comments in spoilers for those who haven't seen it

Click to reveal..
a lot of loose ends left going into next season.

Capone now in control as torio retires. It's interesting to see eli picked up by van alden because they know each other, that'll be fun.

Chalky gonna be on the warpath after harrow fucked up. I wasn't surprised he hesitated but I didn't see that coming.

what's to become of willie thompson now, is he staying with nuck or going back to school?

marget moves into her rothstein rented apartment, I imagine that will come up next year.

Not much of the mob in the show this year even though lansky and luciano made an important leap in the tampa deal. I imagine as the show moves into the late 20's we're going to get more focus on those gangsters.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/26/13 12:50 PM

No kidding!!!! I didn't see that coming either!! Damn!!!!!

DOUBLE FUCK!!!!!!

A triple fuck!!!!

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/26/13 07:34 PM

Amazing season finale. Amazing season. Season 5 is going to be great. It was so sad to see harrow go. It only made sense though. Al Capone will be boss next season, Eli will most likely work for him, I'm guessing we'll see luciano and lansky develop, Rothstein and Margaret will probably fall in love and then AR will get killed. In guessing that maybe maranzano will come over too. In not sure if the timeline I'm drawing out makes sense or not. But I'm guessing that maybe by the end of season 6 Luciano will be boss. Is it just gonna be Nucky, Mickey and will? That could be good. Next season can be better than this season.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/27/13 01:22 PM

Seriously impressed with that finale, possibly the best episode I've seen personally - fucking explosive. What an episode for Eli, ouch - oh and Chalky whoa! Double ouch for Chalky lol. Narcisse is now a federal informant for Hoover. Torrio retired and made Capone boss of the rackets. Eli went to Chicago after murdering Knox. Van Alden you could say has found his spot in life. All this and more should make for an interesting fifth season. Can't wait. Such a phenomenal idea for a series what with all the real life characters especially Nucky Thompson based on real life Atlantic City politician Enoch Johnson. The way it follows AC, Chicago, New York and I guess you can say Tampa and intertwines them all into a criminal conspiracy combining real life and made up events makes for what may now be my favorite running series

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/27/13 02:55 PM

So, how did anyone learn that the fed agent was dead and how did they link Eli to it? Also, Nucky was in custody and then suddenly shows up about to leave town.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/27/13 04:25 PM

A whole lot of WTF"s in this episode! I cant believe Richard missed and hit Chalkys daughter.. I knew when he was saying good bye to his wife that something bad was going to happen. Its a damn shame for the both of them.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/27/13 04:25 PM

well, hopefully its not a whole year until season 5....

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/30/13 02:00 AM

It most likely will be. I think all of the seasons have began sometime in September.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/30/13 10:17 PM

So, how did anyone learn that the fed agent was dead and how did they link Eli to it? Also, Nucky was in custody and then suddenly shows up about to leave town.

After the humiliation of the no-show meeting I would guess that Knox made no secret of the fact that he was going to personally arrest and humiliate Eli. When Knox doesn't arrive with Eli in custody people know where to find him. Or perhaps his partner was waiting in the car or something..

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 12/01/13 02:21 AM

It was brilliant in my opinion.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 12/05/13 07:49 PM

Exactly!

To be perfectly honest my interest in this show has slowly declined over this season. Too many unnecessary scenes this year. Almost as though they needed to fill up the time slot. I also hate the way that they portray Rothstein, Lansky and Luciano. The make Lansky and Luciano look like idiots.

In my opinion the most exciting and interesting scenes are the Capone scenes and the Richard scenes. Hated that they killed off Richard as he was such an interesting character.

Overall the writing this season was pretty sloppy and somewhat boring.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 12/06/13 03:32 AM

I'm just ready for the Five Families spinoff they should do but probably won't. They've already established the groundwork for it by making a show that has been well-received by critics and showing that it was an independent entity from the Sopranos. They already have Lucky, Lansky, Capone, Masseria; just throw in Costello, Genovese, Gambino, Lucchese, Bonanno, Maranzano etc.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/10/14 05:28 PM

HBO’s ‘Boardwalk Empire’ To End Run After Season 5

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/tca-hbos-boardwalk-empire-to-end-run-after-season-5/

The upcoming fifth season of HBO‘s gangster drama Boardwalk Empire will be its last, the network announced at TCA. The decision comes three months after HBO gave Boardwalk Empire a fifth-season renewal two weeks into its fourth season run. “It has been an incredible honor to bring this powerful and groundbreaking series to our subscribers,” said HBO Programming President Michael Lombardo. “Terry Winter has created one for the ages.” Added creator/executive producer Winter, “After much discussion with my creative team and HBO, we’ve decided to wrap up the series after such a great run and look forward to bringing it to a powerful and exciting conclusion.” The show from Winter and Martin Scorsese is set in the 1920s during Prohibition and chronicles the life and times of Enoch “Nucky” Thompson (Steve Buscemi), the undisputed leader of Atlantic City. For its first three seasons, Boardwalk has won 13 Emmys, including for Scorsese’s directing work on the pilot and recurring guest star Bobby Cannavale.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/11/14 01:47 AM

Call me crazy,but I could care less about Nucky,Capone,Chalky,
Lansky,and the rest.Just give me Mueller/Van Alden in every episode of season 5,and I will die happy.Seriously though,BE is a fantastic show,and I'm sure we won't be disappointed with the 5th (and probably final)season. Van Alden is such a deliciously crazy bastard,who never ceases to come up with the perfect facial expression to suit the moment,that I can't get enough.
Posted By: OtisOtis

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/11/14 03:10 PM

what I like about this series is that you recognize the names from the beginning of it all. Like a mob history lesson
Posted By: short841

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/12/14 10:22 AM

Wow! Finale was on air in UK last night. But I'm hoping they make Luciano and Meyer the bosses they were next season, and I can't wait to see the al Capone scenes now since he his the boss. But did narcisse say yes to cooperating?
Posted By: Franzese

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/12/14 02:24 PM

I've just finished watching this great and such surprising series. I pretty much liked Will, Eli's son. I hope they will give him some expanded story in Season 5. As to the rest, I can't wait what is going to happen. Definitely want to see Luciano & Lansky more often. Feelings after the last episode of 4th Season? Breathtaking.!
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/12/14 04:29 PM

I heard they were not going to be making any more episodes. That HBO pulled it. I personally like that show.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/17/14 05:16 AM

Same. It's a shame I thought that show was the best on tv in my opinion.

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 01/24/14 06:57 PM

They are making season 5 the finale season.
Posted By: DBCooper

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 02/13/14 10:48 AM

I´le be honest with you. I am glad that the Series ended. On Season 4 there was too much "Black"-Stuff. I just wanna see some Italian-Gangster stuff, in my opinion.

I am looking forward to "The Five Families"-Series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA54Fl_f...iU9GvGcTLASoQmg

"The Five Families," which is in development, hails from Irwin Winkler and Nicholas Pileggi and would mark the cable network's first scripted series.

Discovery Communications is teaming with Academy Award-nominated Goodfellas duo Irwin Winkler and Nicholas Pileggi for its first scripted drama series.

our editor recommends
AMC Developing 'Goodfellas' TV Series'North and South' Miniseries in the Works at DiscoveryDiscovery Producing Scripted Gold Mining MiniseriesDiscovery, Scott Free Team for Second Scripted MiniseriesThe cabler is developing The Five Families, the first-ever dramatic account of the founding families of the Mafia. Pileggi, who penned the screenplay for Goodfellas, will pen the pilot script. The drama marks the first series to invoke the real figures and actual events in the history of the Gambino, Genovese, Lucchese, Bonanno and Colombo Mafia families -- also known as the famed five crime families of New York.

STORY: Discovery Producing Scripted Gold Mining Miniseries
Posted By: VoicesFromTheAttic86

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 03/12/14 12:58 AM

I'm hoping for some Bugs Moran and the rise of Luciano in the next season.
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 07/06/14 03:12 AM

new season 5 trailer is up!!! smile was thinking the same I want bugs Moran as a standalone character not this George muller turns into him BS...

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 07/07/14 09:11 AM

Supposedly, the new season is set several years after the last. I guess since this was going to be the last season, they needed to jump ahead in order to kill off Masseria. Not sure how they are going to handle the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.
Posted By: gram6814

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 07/07/14 11:12 AM

Personally I liked BE more than the Soprano's. Marty was involved (probably the reason it got cancelled, too much money to produce)
I also agree it got slow and somewhat boring last year,it went in the wrong direction IMO.
Al Capone taking over for Johnny Turrio should be great!
I love Steve Bushemi as an actor but the real Nucky Johnson looked nothing like him.
Posted By: Slugger

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 07/22/14 07:59 AM

I read that they killed off jimmy because the actor michael pitt was a nightmare to work with.

This isnt the website I read it from but I found this link

http://uproxx.com/tv/2013/12/evidence-boardwalk-empires-michael-pitt-may-biggest-jackass-hollywood/

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 07/28/14 12:17 PM

Posted By: barry

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 08/01/14 12:54 AM

really. uhwhat black meaning dark ? i saw every episode CLEARLY
Posted By: DBCooper

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 4 - 11/13/14 06:07 AM

Wehen Jonny Torrio overgives the Outfit to Al Capone...that Scene reminded me on Godfather Part I when Michael was by his father.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET