Home

Frank Matthews

Posted By: alprofit

Frank Matthews - 10/27/12 06:31 PM

From 1970 to 1972 Frank Matthews, a black heroin dealer, was the largest drug dealer in the US, according to the Feds. The most interesting thing is that he lived on the same block in Staten Island as Three Fingers Lucchese and Big Paul Castellano. Big Paul was secretly giving the Feds info on the license plates that showed up at Frank's house as the Gambinos were livid that that Matthews had circumvented them as heroin sources and was going directly to the French Connection. Here's the first part of a great doc about him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxPCulQhga4
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Frank Matthews - 10/27/12 06:49 PM

Yeah its a pretty good documentary. Ive always been interested in that period of the drug trade. I always wonder why the gambinos never tried to kill him earlier. There was never really any attempt on him whilst he was active.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Frank Matthews - 10/27/12 10:19 PM

Very cool but wheres the rest?
Posted By: Big Alex

Re: Frank Matthews - 10/28/12 03:00 AM

Nicky Barnes? Was there ever any info about who killed him or May have done it?

Re: Frank Matthews - 10/28/12 05:31 PM

Nicky Barnes is still alive.
Posted By: Big Alex

Re: Frank Matthews - 10/28/12 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese
Nicky Barnes is still alive.
I stand corrected. In the late 60s, early 70s there was a former Black drug kingpin recently released from prison who was killed at the foot of one of the Manhattan/Brooklyn bridges. His body was found in a Citroen. I remember him being Nicky Barnes. I was wrong.
Posted By: ManGauge

Re: Frank Matthews - 10/29/12 05:19 AM

Ive also wondered why they never moved on Matthews

I also wondered why they never made a move on Nicky Barnes for killing a made guy

Re: Frank Matthews - 10/30/12 10:23 PM

heres a thread that goes into that topic.
http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=661190
Posted By: southend

Re: Frank Matthews - 12/15/12 09:27 PM

I've tried to watch the documentary on youtube before but they want money for that shit??!
Posted By: southend

Re: Frank Matthews - 01/12/13 04:39 PM

nevermind. you can find it by searching "A Brooklyn Tale" or "The Frank Matthews Story" i guess. turned out to be a decent doc, but i like ones with video footage of the guy and whatnot,this one is just people talking about him. good story though, good for him that he got away
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET