Home

L'onore e il Rispetto

Posted By: carmela

L'onore e il Rispetto - 09/29/12 08:38 PM

L'onore e il Rispetto is the name of a mafia series in Italy that's in it's third season now, but there's been lapses in the years, and it started back in 2006, I think.
It's a mafia series, Godfather-ish. Anyway, it's really good, just wondering if anyone else has been watching this over the years. It airs on RAI television on thursday nights in the US.

Posted By: Toodoped

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/04/12 07:37 AM

looks good...
Posted By: Big Alex

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/18/12 03:29 PM

Carmela, Do you unnerstand Italian?

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/18/12 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Alex
Carmela, Do you unnerstand Italian?

Yes, I do. This is a really good series, I'm sure many guys on here would like it, if they understood it, or it had subtitles, or whatever. It's on tonight as a matter of fact.

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/19/12 01:39 AM

One thing I keep forgetting to mention and I was reminded watching it right now...Eric Roberts plays the NY Godfather in this series. Alhough he is not speaking Italian, and his part is dubbed.
Posted By: Frank

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/22/12 08:10 PM

Carmela are you italian?

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/22/12 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank
Carmela are you italian?

I'm American. My dad was born in Messina, Sicily and my mom was born in Czechoslovakia. I was born here.
My husband was born and raised in Agrigento, though, and he's the one that got me into watching this show, which is pretty good I think.

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/23/12 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Carmela are you italian?

I'm American. My dad was born in Messina, Sicily and my mom was born in Czechoslovakia. I was born here.
My husband was born and raised in Agrigento, though, and he's the one that got me into watching this show, which is pretty good I think.

nice,that's why u undestand italian, he taught u to speak italian

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/23/12 05:46 PM

Carmela are you italian?

nice,that's why u undestand italian, he taught u to speak italian

My father spoke it a lot while I was growing up. Him and my grandparents, uncles on his side, spoke it often, so I heard it often. BUT, not Italian. Sicilian dialect. I never learned how to speak proper Italian and still don't.
As years went on, my dad spoke it less and less, though.

Meeting my husband, he had only been in the US a year or so, so that's what he spoke most of the time, so that's all I heard again...Sicilian dialect.
And from then, we've been going to Sicily every year back to his house there, seeing his family, etc, etc.
I can understand hearing proper Italian and reading it, but not good at speaking it at all. The dialect is just too easy for me and I'm too lazy/not caring to speak proper.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/23/12 06:42 PM

Carmela could you translate this for me? I will give you credits, I promise.

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/23/12 11:14 PM

Sonny, can you see what finger I'm holding up? Can you translate it for me please?

tongue

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/24/12 12:44 PM

i can translate if u need

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/24/12 12:50 PM

your husband is italian too?

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/24/12 12:57 PM

Yes, Sicilian. And much like him, you haven't paid attention to a word I've said.

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/24/12 03:28 PM

Yes, Sicilian. And much like him, you haven't paid attention to a word I've said.

lol clap
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/24/12 04:21 PM

Sonny, can you see what finger I'm holding up? Can you translate it for me please?

tongue

I don't need to see your wedding ring. I know you're married, that's not the point.

I'm just asking you to translate this, it's only six episodes per season. Only 60 minutes per episode. And besides, it's Mafia so there will be more shootings than talking anyway. I would be incredibly grateful and will put the credits in my signature. wink

Re: L'onore e il Rispetto - 10/27/12 11:36 PM

Sh*t i just googled for subs and theres only Romanian... ohwell
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET