Home

The Sinatra Club

Posted By: merlino

The Sinatra Club - 04/22/12 06:54 PM

Anyone see this movie about Gotti in the 70s?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The Sinatra Club - 04/23/12 03:09 PM

That was maybe the worst mob movie I've ever seen, and I've seen some pretty bad ones.

Maybe it's the subject matter. Sal Polisi was a bottom feeding junkie who couldn't give them a damn thing about any of the families. The only reason he got into the program was because he gave them a crooked Supreme Court judge out in Queens, who took a bribe to fix an earlier case of his. He didn't have shit on Gotti and the Feds knew it.

Now I'm no fan of Gotti's, but he wouldn't have pissed on Polisi if he was on fire. He was by no means brilliant, but he was too smart for that.
Posted By: merlino

Re: The Sinatra Club - 04/23/12 05:44 PM

i watched it on netflix and it was not very good
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The Sinatra Club - 04/23/12 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By: merlino

I can't stand Jason Gedrick. His New York accent is so over the top, it's on par with Jerry Lewis doing Pepé Le Pew.
Posted By: olivant

Re: The Sinatra Club - 04/24/12 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: merlino

I can't stand Jason Gedrick. His New York accent is so over the top, it's on par with Jerry Lewis doing Pepé Le Pew.

If it doesn't have Armand Assante in it ... madonne!
Posted By: danielperrygin

Re: The Sinatra Club - 04/28/12 04:44 AM

I will watch anything to do with the mob....i couldnt even finish this shit, im not a gotti fan either though.

Re: The Sinatra Club - 04/28/12 04:45 AM

Why could Neil D. not be called that? Gotti was gotti, Paul C. was Paul C, and Carlo G was Carlo G, i dont get that either.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: The Sinatra Club - 06/13/12 01:49 AM

the worst ive ever seen

Re: The Sinatra Club - 06/13/12 02:38 AM

Its half of nothin phats maybe not just the worst mob movie but the worst movie in general ever made
Posted By: Ivan

Re: The Sinatra Club - 06/13/12 07:00 AM

The only thing nice I have to say about this movie is that its portrayal of Tommy DeSimone might be somewhat more accurate than the Joe Pesci version.

Re: The Sinatra Club - 06/16/12 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Ivan
The only thing nice I have to say about this movie is that its portrayal of Tommy DeSimone might be somewhat more accurate than the Joe Pesci version.
i thought they made him look like a bitch....

Re: The Sinatra Club - 06/16/12 03:49 PM

I remember reading in Henry's book that Tommy was nothing like what was shown in the movies, that he had a wife and kids that he treated very well. I dont remember him from the movie though, i didnt even make it to the heist.

Re: The Sinatra Club - 06/25/12 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: danielperrygin
I remember reading in Henry's book that Tommy was nothing like what was shown in the movies, that he had a wife and kids that he treated very well. I dont remember him from the movie though, i didnt even make it to the heist.
we must have read dif books...or your making up shit again....tommy disemone killed a man for walking down the street in front of henry hill...henry said that was cold. tommy replied well im a mean cat...

Re: The Sinatra Club - 06/25/12 04:13 AM

I just ment as far as hos personal life goes wofe kids home and what not i havent read the book since college though
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: The Sinatra Club - 08/23/12 01:00 PM

It wasn't in the 70's as it says that gotti became boss which happened in 1985
Posted By: Vigil

Re: The Sinatra Club - 02/21/13 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Philip_Lombardo
It wasn't in the 70's as it says that gotti became boss which happened in 1985

I don't think the book said he was the boss on '85. It said Gotti was running the Bergin crew (in place of the ailing Fatico) and a little later, also running the Ravenite (for Dellacroce) shortly after he was released from his second stint in lockup.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET