Home

Double Cross-The Giancana Book

Posted By: Toodoped

Double Cross-The Giancana Book - 02/28/12 02:33 PM

"Double Cross" the book that was written by the nephew and the brother of Sam Giancana.Has anyone read it?..because my opinion is that the book is ok and i felt like reading a Mario Puzo novel! :)I want to know if the book has some good "dose" of fiction in it or everything is cool?!
Posted By: Lilo

Re: Double Cross-The Giancana Book - 02/28/12 11:32 PM

It's been a long time since I read it but if I recall correctly the book posited that Giancana was personally involved in or had ordered virtually every mob hit since the St. Valentines Day Massacre as well as the Kennedy assassinations and the death of Monroe.

Even for an occasionally credulous person such as myself that's a little hard to believe. While I don't doubt that loved ones get some inside info that outsiders don't the book almost depicted Giancana as an Iago like villain who just loved telling his little brother all the evil stuff he was doing, had done and was planning to do.

So I think like a lot of other books it's a mix of fact, conjecture and pure fiction.
Posted By: veneratio

Re: Double Cross-The Giancana Book - 03/01/12 04:04 AM

It was a good read from memory, been a long time since I picked it up myself. I found the insights interesting, as Lilo says, whether they are all true is something else.. None the less. An interesting version of events.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET