Home

Lilyhammer (Netflix original series)

Posted By: J Geoff

Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 01/04/12 06:12 AM

Another good reason to try out Netflix, if you don't already have it:

After he testifies against a Mafia boss, ex-gangster Frank Tagliano enters the witness protection program and asks to be sent to Norway. Despite the peaceful surroundings, it's not long before Frank strays from the straight and narrow.

Netflix locks release date for mobster series "Lilyhammer"
Quote:
By Kurt Orzeck | Reuters – 10 hrs ago

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Netflix is no longer hunting down a release date for "Lilyhammer," its new original series starring Steven Van Zandt as a mobster in witness protection. The first eight episodes of the comedy-drama's first season will be available for online streaming in the U.S., Canada and Latin America starting February 6.

Netflix had said it was planning a first-quarter rollout for the show, in which the E Street Band guitarist plays a mobster reminiscent of his "Sopranos" character, Silvio Dante.

The one-hour show -- which is set in Lillehammer, Norway, where New York transplant Frank "The Fixer" Tagliano tries to make a new life for himself -- was developed by and is a production of Norway's Rubicon TV AS. "Lilyhammer" will also air on Norwegian TV, Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos recently told TheWrap.

"It's a very quirky, funny, serious show that I think people are really going to love," he said. "It's a really fun thing to watch, because it is a really familiar character in a totally unfamiliar place. It's 'Northern Exposure' meets 'Sopranos.' "

"I am very careful with my choices and this project was so exciting to me because of the wonderful writing, the rich characters and the fascinating culture of Norway," Van Zandt, who is also executive producing the show, said in a statement. "Netflix is the perfect home for such a unique show."

Among the other original series Netflix has planned is David Fincher's "House of Cards," due in the fourth quarter or early 2013. The company is also planning to relaunch "Arrested Development" next year.

"Lilyhammer" was created by Anne Bjornstad and Eilif Skodvin and developed by Rubicon TV AS. It was written by Bjornstad, Skodvin and Van Zandt.

I'll let you know how it is. Or, Try Netflix for free (if the link works)
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 01/04/12 06:23 AM

im looking forward to it, i liked silvio dante in the sopranos
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 01/04/12 09:14 PM

This looks pretty interesting, its the first Ive heard of it.

Although I must say, Im torn between my love for Silvio Dante and the annoyance I'll likely feel with his wig again.

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 01/05/12 06:29 AM

Here's the trailor...

Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 01/05/12 06:28 PM

I guess Stevie isn't afraid of being typecast lol.

I'm looking forward to it, though.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 01/06/12 08:08 AM

looks damn good thanks for sharing!

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 01/07/12 08:32 AM

This actually looks awesome, but why does he have to wear the wig? Is Little Stevie bald under that bandanna or what?

‘Little Steven’ lands big role in Norway
March 29, 2010

Steven Van Zandt, who moved on from Bruce Springsteen’s band to play a gangster on “The Sopranos” TV series, looks set for a new run of sorts. He’s been cast as a gangster again, this time in a new series being made for Norwegian Broadcasting (NRK).

Steven Van Zandt PHOTO: Wikipedia
“I missed my gangster,” Van Zandt told newspaper Aftenposten last week. He also appeared on the popular Scandinavian talk show Skavlan Friday night, to chat about his new role.

He says he’ll play a new gangster character, a New York mafia boss who “gets into trouble” with his higher-ups and needs to disappear. He takes part in a witness protection program and agrees to be relocated to Lillehammer in Norway, “because he loves winter sports” and had seen Lillehammer on TV when it hosted the Winter Olympics.

The series, called an action comedy, will be called “Lilyhammer,” a reflection of the town’s mispronunciation by many non-Norwegians, and filming will begin in January. Producer Trond Berg Nilsen claimed it will be a “quality” series that hopefully will appeal to an international audience.

“Even though he’s been a mafia boss in New York, he winds up as an immigrant in Norway and experiences absurd situations and cultural collisions,” Berg Nilsen told Aftenposten.

Van Zandt, who has performed in Norway several times and works with Scandinavian bands, said he’s delighted to play a part. “It’s a good script, a good role … and I just couldn’t give up the gangster role,” he told Aftenposten.

He also remains keen on Norwegian and Scandinavian music, claiming on the Skavlan show that Scandinavia is producing some of the best rock and roll music in the business at present.

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2010/03/29/little-steven-lands-big-role-in-norway/
Posted By: SC

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 01/07/12 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
This actually looks awesome, but why does he have to wear the wig? Is Little Stevie bald under that bandanna or what?

Yes. When he was younger he was involved in a car accident and his scalp was damaged.... he lost his hair as a result.

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 01/07/12 09:13 PM

Oh.

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 01/07/12 09:13 PM

Guess that makes me a bit of a dick.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 01/30/12 06:23 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfRgVbp9gSY

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204740904577191210572690028.html
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 01/30/12 06:44 AM

Sorry for the double post in the other thread. I did a search for it and nothing came up. confused

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 01/30/12 06:47 AM

It happens wink
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 01/30/12 07:04 AM

I think him making that big stupid ugly face has gotten a little old.
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 02/03/12 10:42 AM

Excited to see this honestly. It's a unique take on the gangster genre. Really interesting stuff.

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 02/07/12 12:17 AM

This started up today via streaming -- can't wait to do a marathon! Pretty good reviews so far on Netflix....
Posted By: Nova24

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 02/12/12 06:33 AM

Watched the first episode. Not very good so far.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 02/12/12 07:30 AM

I wonder if he ever changes facial expressions while banging his wife or goomahs.
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 03/07/12 08:54 PM

Anyone else watching this at the moment? Watched the first two episodes, not really impressed yet, although it has its funny moments.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 03/08/12 11:18 AM

the first two were the best...it just gets worse
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 03/08/12 11:47 AM

Yeah the second episode ends with the cops thinking 'Silvio' was some kind of terrorist? Didn't really capture me.

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 03/10/12 06:44 PM

I haven't started yet - I keep forgetting!
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 02/09/14 05:54 PM

Im on the last episode of series 1, i thought it was pretty decent.

The series is pretty much just Silvio Dante in Norway/Witness Protection.

Worth a watch overall.
Posted By: Dago_From_Chicago

Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) - 02/19/14 05:37 PM

its good, i like it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET