Home

Road To Perdition...

Posted By: YukonCorneleone

Road To Perdition... - 07/27/11 05:12 PM

Haven't seen any threads about this movie in here.

Just wondered what you guys thought about it. I thought it was fantastic. Great period piece. Acting and cinematography was excellent. Very dark and moody. Felt very visceral to me.

Jude Law was eerily magnificent as the hit-man, made to look like a wormy little ferret.
I also got the feeling that all of these characters were doomed from the start, unable to escape the life they had chosen no matter how hard they tried.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Road To Perdition... - 07/27/11 08:31 PM

I agree. Good movie and at times very dramatic/emotional. Nice music also. It's one of the few movies of which I actually watched the whole end credit because of the great soundtrack.
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Road To Perdition... - 07/27/11 08:53 PM

The whole irish mob theme is as fascinating as the italian mob. I prefer Cosa Nostra, but these irish mob movies are great.
I also liked Millers Crossing, but Road to Perdition was the better one. Great acting of Tom Hanks
Posted By: YukonCorneleone

Re: Road To Perdition... - 07/27/11 11:48 PM

I agree with both of you guys.

The costumes, sets, and small town locations really put you in that era.

The scene with Hanks' character getting the drop on the accountant, and then Law's hit-man getting the drop on him, was riveting and suspenseful. And then the "particular" accountant, as Hanks puts it, gets whacked by accident. Loved it!
It just reminded me of some of the old gangster flicks from the 30's and 40's...

And didn't you get creeped out when Law's character went to take the pic of the dead guy with the knife, only he wasn't dead yet. But McGuire made sure he was before he ruined his picture. You really knew what he was about after that scene.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET