Home

Sicilian "Made" cant become U.S. BOSS

Posted By: Lucasi

Sicilian "Made" cant become U.S. BOSS - 04/19/10 12:07 PM

I read if u were "Made" member of the Sicilian Mafia that theres a rule that u can not become a BOSS in the U.S.?
It says your either all Italy or all United States but the Sicilian Faction of the Bonanno family for about a week tryed to push Sicilian "made" Salvatore Catalano as BOSS according to "King of the Godfathers"
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Sicilian "Made" cant become U.S. BOSS - 04/19/10 05:42 PM

I read that in the same book. The Bonannos were in very bad shape at that time, and didn't have a seat on the Commission. They may have decided that it'd be better for them to have an American-born boss, one known by Commission members, if they wanted to get the seat back.

I don't know that it's a Mafia-wide "rule." Presumably any family can do anything they want, as long as it's not directly disadvantaging other families. On the other hand, considering all the guys who are ambitious to be the Don and are willing to kill to get the Donship, it does seem unlikely that a family would choose someone who was born overseas, unless he'd been in the family for decades. Catalano wasn't.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: Sicilian "Made" cant become U.S. BOSS - 04/19/10 06:10 PM

Didn't Catalano also have communication issues?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Sicilian "Made" cant become U.S. BOSS - 04/19/10 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Lilo

He had VD? whistle

Re: Sicilian "Made" cant become U.S. BOSS - 04/19/10 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

He had VD? whistle

lol I wouldn't know about that. I read that because he couldn't speak English very well, things didn't quite work out...

Re: Sicilian "Made" cant become U.S. BOSS - 04/19/10 10:05 PM

I was thinking though wouldnt all the original Bosses have to come from Sicily,Italy,etc.?

Re: Sicilian "Made" cant become U.S. BOSS - 04/19/10 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Lucasi
I was thinking though wouldnt all the original Bosses have to come from Sicily,Italy,etc.?

Well yes, but that was almost 100 years ago. Someone born in 1940's Italy and who grew up there might not have the communication skills needed to deal with 1970-80's Americans.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Sicilian "Made" cant become U.S. BOSS - 04/20/10 02:01 AM

Yes. Even more important, he was closely associated with Carmine Galante in the heroin rackets.
There's an example of how and why the Commission acts. Galante strutted, bragged he was going to make Gambino "sh*t in the street," acted as if he were the Bonnano's boss--all of which annoyed other mobsters. But his unpardonable offense was to set up a heroin pipeline to Europe and not let the other families share in it. Goodbye, Lilo.

Re: Sicilian "Made" cant become U.S. BOSS - 04/20/10 12:44 PM

I would say this rule was made after the "Mustache Petes" during Bonannos,etc rise to the top?
Alot of the Zips still have communication problems as they speak faster and differnt dialects then there U.S. relatives.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET