Home

Millers Crossing

Posted By: FredoCorleone

Millers Crossing - 12/15/09 12:05 PM

A great gangster film, anybody else ever see this one?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Millers Crossing - 12/16/09 01:09 AM

I thought it was pretty good, in that quirky way the Coen Bros. put together their films. Almost a comedy in parts. Most of their repertory company was in it, anchored by a swell performance by Albert Finney. The best, IMO, was Jon Polito, who never got as juicy a role again. Too bad--he's terrific.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: Millers Crossing - 12/16/09 09:42 AM

It's a favorite. Turturro and JE Freeman did good work in it.
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: Millers Crossing - 12/20/09 05:49 PM

this is the only Coen Brothers film I haven't watched yet. I know it can only be great.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Millers Crossing - 12/21/09 03:40 AM

Yeah TM, in my opinion it's better than many of their other movies and if you liked all of them you will love Miller's Crossing. Definitely watch it and post your thoughts.

Re: Millers Crossing - 12/21/09 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
anchored by a swell performance by Albert Finney. The best, IMO, was Jon Polito, who never got as juicy a role again. Too bad--he's terrific.

I agree, I think Polito was perfect for that role. "I'm sick of the high hat!" I think Albert Finney plays the role perfectly of the Coen Brothers quirky style you mentioned. I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it, but the assassination attempt is a classic Coen Bros moment.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: Millers Crossing - 12/21/09 04:55 PM

From time to time I use the "high hat" reference at work. But few people get it...
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Millers Crossing - 12/22/09 01:12 AM

"...yez fancy pants..."

Re: Millers Crossing - 12/23/09 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Lilo
From time to time I use the "high hat" reference at work. But few people get it...

Hah, I've always loved that quote but I'm going to make an effort to make it part of my regular conversations. I don't know anybody who will get it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET