Home

In Donnie Brasco

Posted By: dontommasino

In Donnie Brasco - 08/25/09 04:38 PM

The character Paulie is shown to be hostile towards Donnie and does not trust or have accepted him as Sonny Black, Lefty and Nicky have done. I know that Paulie is based on John Cerasani, but my question is does Pistone say anything in his book about Cerasani being much more hostile towards him than the others?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/25/09 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: dontommasino
. . . but my question is does Pistone say anything in his book about Cerasani being much more hostile towards him than the others?

Yes, Pistone mentions this in several of his books. He credits Boobie Cerasani with being one of two guys who wouldn't even talk to him. The other being Joe Massino. Ironic, because Massino became one of the unlikeliest rats of all-time.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/26/09 01:34 AM

Massino had a grudge against Sonny Black for proposing to make "Brasco" after such a short period of time, while his loyal brother in law, "Good-Looking Sal" Vitale, remained unmade. That didn't make for good feelings twixt Brasco and Massino. But Massino was cordial to Pistone when he testified against Joey at one of his trials.
Posted By: Mark

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/26/09 01:59 AM

What a great film...best scene in the entire movie is when Pistone (Depp) is explaining; "fuhgettaboutit"! Priceless!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0ZyoUn7Vk
Posted By: DiMaggio68

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/26/09 08:36 AM

Cerasani was a tough hood who Pistone said never really trusted him. I guess you could say Cerasani was right about Brasco all along.
Posted By: Lefty_Guns

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/28/09 08:31 PM

yah um quick question i would just like to know whatever happened to lefty ruggiero? did he get out of prison or is he dead or alive or what?
Posted By: SC

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/28/09 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Lefty_Guns
yah um quick question i would just like to know whatever happened to lefty ruggiero? did he get out of prison or is he dead or alive or what?

He got out of prison, ran away to San Francisco and became a union steward while trying to pass himself off as Irish.

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/28/09 08:38 PM

does anybody else know what happened to lefty?

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/28/09 08:39 PM

does anybody else know what happened to lefty?

I just told you. Do you have a learning disability or something?

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/28/09 08:40 PM

so he got out of prison thanks

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/28/09 08:42 PM

You doubt my word? You think I'd lie to you? Am I here just to amuse you?

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/28/09 08:47 PM

wow ok sorry

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/28/09 08:54 PM

wow ok sorry

No need to be sorry... just send me some of those wooden shoes from there in the Netherlands and we'll call it even.

What color, you ask?

Black.

Hmmm, black.... SOMETHING is familiar. SOMETHING. confused

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/28/09 08:59 PM

I am not going to do that but is lefty still alive?

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/28/09 09:03 PM

You mean I'm not worth a gift from the Netherlands? It's not like I'm asking for some sourdough bread from San Francisco. A pair of wooden shoes... OK.. OK.. how about some tulips? Aren't I worth some tulips?
Posted By: Mark

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/28/09 09:12 PM

Wasn't there a guy in "Donnie Brasco" named; Sonny BLACK?

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/28/09 09:57 PM

Yeah. He was supposed to have been killed. But he moved to San Francisco, called himself "Blackie," then went on vacation and changed his name to "Lefty_Guns." From what I hear, Lefty will soon be on vacation...

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/28/09 10:44 PM

You guys are weird I'm going to another forum, thanks for nothing

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/28/09 10:46 PM

Nahhh... you're going ON VACATION!!!
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/29/09 07:10 AM

Originally Posted By: SC

Nahhh... you're going ON VACATION!!!

SC did i miss something?

Lefty asked a valid question regarding what happend to Lefty Ruggiero and he didn't get a response only a few sarcastic comments and you send himd on vacation. confused

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/29/09 02:53 PM

Just jumping on Blackie's shit.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/29/09 04:42 PM

You guys are weird I'm going to another forum,

To what? Throw up on your girlfriend's lap?

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/30/09 12:24 AM

Why do all threads I create result in a mess?
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/30/09 09:49 AM

Im not sure dontommasino but just recently there has been some idiots joining this board..
Posted By: Tyler_Durden

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 08/30/09 05:19 PM

Does anybody know whats the name of the song playing when Donnie waits in the car while the others are in Big Trin's basement waiting for him and Sonny Red?
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 09/01/09 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Im not sure dontommasino but just recently there has been some idiots joining this board..

And most of those idiots will be gone before they even know it.

You just keep posting dontommasino, ignore the idiots.
Posted By: Paddy

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 09/03/09 04:07 PM

On Donnnie Brasco...in the middle of the book right now, but as this point the movie almost seems more believable...Pistone would have to be a robot to go six years in deep undercover in the New York Mafia and never once get a little confused about who he really was...so far in the book that's been his story: Always Mr. G-Man, always having his eye on the prize, never thinking about who was going to probably get killed because of his work...

Though I haven't finished the book yet (he's still in Milwaukee) that's been the gist of it...

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 09/04/09 01:25 AM

One of the problems with the movie is that it left out all of Pistone's adventures in Milwaukee, which I found very interesting in its explanation of how Mafia work crosses territories. The movie also left out Tony Mirra, "a very scary guy."

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 09/04/09 02:53 PM

They also left out--save for the barbershop scene--Jilly and the Colombo crew in Brooklyn, where Pistone first infiltrated. That would have been interesting.
Posted By: olivant

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 09/05/09 03:41 PM

Didn't Pacino's character discover something about the boat? How did Donnie explain his way out of that?

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 09/05/09 04:25 PM

I think (in the movie) Brasco said that even if it was a Federal boat, that it did not appear that the F.B.I got anything on them as consequence of their usage of the boat.
Posted By: ledblimp

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 09/15/09 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: dontommasino
I think (in the movie) Brasco said that even if it was a Federal boat, that it did not appear that the F.B.I got anything on them as consequence of their usage of the boat.

Notice though that after they've snuck up to Bruno's boat and pulled the plug Left is behind Donnie pointing his gun at him. To me that's saying Lefty has doubts about Donnie and that:

A - Left is going to shoot Donnie if he doesn't clip Bruno cause he knows a fed can't be a part of murder and this will prove it if Donnie doesn't do it.

B- He knows Donnie is a fed and even if he does clip Bruno he's gonna clip Donnie and then the feds will have a mess on their hands with a dead agent and a dead gangster that tests will show Donnie shot.

That's the movie of course, can't exactly remember but pretty sure it wasn't all that dramatic when they pulled Donnie out from undercover in real life.

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 09/16/09 01:55 AM

No, in real life they just pulled him out when it was clear that his next move would have to be to whack Bruno.
Posted By: olivant

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 03/28/10 01:47 AM

Who was Jilly? How was he able to vouch for Donnie?
Posted By: Lilo

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 03/28/10 12:05 PM

Jilly Greca was one of the first heavy Mob guys that Pistone met and was able to get close enough to to get real information/street cred. At the time Pistone met him Greca was an associate but he had his own crew already. Jilly's primary business interests were hijacking, burglary, robbery and fencing , which fit in quite well with Pistone's jewel thief cover. Supposedly Pistone never went out on jobs with them, which seems sorta suspicious in hindsight, but came up with enough "stolen" property on his own to allay most (not all) suspicions.

Shortly after Pistone began the association, Greco was formally inducted in the Colombo family. Pistone was able to use his association with Jilly as a reference to meet/interact with Lefty and the Bonannos. Lefty knew Jilly. Pistone thought that the FBI would gain more direct information on the Mafia and larger crimes if he slowly transferred the investigation from Jilly's crew to Lefty/Tony Mirra and the Bonannos.

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 03/29/10 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Lilo
Supposedly Pistone never went out on jobs with them, which seems sorta suspicious in hindsight, but came up with enough "stolen" property on his own to allay most (not all) suspicions.

I'm glad you brought out that point, Lilo, because I've always wondered how Pistone was able to maintain his credibility with the Mob and somehow avoid any direct involvement in any type of lawbreaking whatsoever. "Donnie Brasco" is a good movie and an excellent book. But I don't believe everything Pistone told us.

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 03/31/10 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
"Donnie Brasco" is a good movie and an excellent book. But I don't believe everything Pistone told us.

I never believed there was an "open contract" out on Pistone. Not for half a million dollars, not for a hundred dollars rolleyes.

That's Pistone's massive ego allowing himself to believe that he was that important to the mob bosses. Why the Hell would Paul Castellano, of all people, sanction a hit on a guy who infiltrated another family? And that's not to mention the Hell that the FBI would rain down on the mob if they ever killed an agent.

Pure bullshit.

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 03/31/10 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I never believed there was an "open contract" out on Pistone. Not for half a million dollars, not for a hundred dollars rolleyes.

That's Pistone's massive ego allowing himself to believe that he was that important to the mob bosses. Why the Hell would Paul Castellano, of all people, sanction a hit on a guy who infiltrated another family? And that's not to mention the Hell that the FBI would rain down on the mob if they ever killed an agent.

Pure bullshit.

Right! The only things Mafia Dons have in common is greed, and distrust of each other. The Commission doesn't have a standing army and a treasury to wipe out police infiltrators. And, why would another Don cough up a dime to help the Bonannos undo a disaster of their own making?
Posted By: Charlieopera

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 03/31/10 06:56 PM

They sure played with the drama at the end of the movie; it wasn't Lefty who was killed, it was Sonny Black.

I don't buy the "open contract" either. And the way Pistone has been defending the agent up in Boston who went away for aiding Bulger's murders and escape, all it does is make me more suspicious of anything he (Pistone) has to say.

And they want the FBI to go after Ossam Bin Laden? Maybe they should focus on Bulger first.

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 03/31/10 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Charlieopera
And the way Pistone has been defending the agent up in Boston who went away for aiding Bulger's murders and escape, all it does is make me more suspicious of anything he (Pistone) has to say.

And don't forget that during the Lindley DeVecchio trial in Brooklyn, Pistone was his biggest apologist. I know the charges against him were thrown out, but I still got the feeling that he was a "dirty" cop.
Posted By: Charlieopera

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 03/31/10 08:01 PM

I think anything pistone was attached to is tainted now (because of his support for fellow agents -- connelly in boston was bagged dead to rights).
Posted By: GaryH

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 04/10/10 04:09 PM

I have the utmost respect for Joe Pistone, the guy barely saw his family and he had to hang round with the likes of Tony Mirra (a complete nasty bastard).
Posted By: Lucasi

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 04/12/10 12:04 PM

I believe if Pistone would have been allowed to been Formely "Made" into the Bonanno Family before getting pulled off the undercover case that today there would nolonger be a Bonanno family and another family with a differnt name would have emerged.?
Posted By: GaryH

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 04/13/10 09:13 PM

The Massino family?
(Which would of course have been disbanded itself by now)

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 04/13/10 11:07 PM

They chased the Bonannos from the Commission after the Pistone/Brasco debacle. They became a laughingstock. After that embarrassment, changing the name of the family would have done little to embarrass then any further. Once you've lost your credibility (in any walk of life), being called names is the least of your problems.

Besides, they didn't change the name of the Bonannos when the founder was exiled to Arizona, or when he wrote a self-serving book, did they?

So why bother after the Brasco incident?

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 04/14/10 11:31 AM

Joe Massino wanted to change it to the "Massino Family" after all the B.S. that happened under the name Bonanno like Donnie Brasco,etc.
Thank God that didnt happen as he was a killer but a snitch just like Sammy Gravano.
I believe if the Bonanno family would have gotten Joe Pistone "Made" that it would no longer be called the Bonanno Family?
In my Opionion the next Boss to hold that family together in true LCN fashion for a period of time should propose the name change.?

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 04/14/10 11:48 AM

Bonanno Sr. was a candy ass also.He was lucky that the commission let him retire to the sun,etc instead of gettn a bullet to the head or becoming stinky "Trunk Music" because the majority didnt care for him.
At the Time Genovese,Gambino,Luchesse,etc were not happy with him about other Rackets they were involved in that he turned his nose up to,etc and then the "Honor Thy Father" plus numerous other stuff.Bonanno gave me the impression he thought he was a better Sicilian/Italian than others in his line of work.

Re: In Donnie Brasco - 04/14/10 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Lucasi
In my Opionion the next Boss to hold that family together in true LCN fashion for a period of time should propose the name change.?

I honestly feel that the media and law enforcement do more to name/label the families than the members do.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET