Home

Little Caesar

Posted By: Mignon

Little Caesar - 04/18/09 05:27 AM

Has anyone seen this 1931 movie with Edward G. Robinson in it? I bought it today.

Posted By: SC

Re: Little Caesar - 04/18/09 07:56 AM

Sorry to disappoint ya, Mig, but it's not about a pizza chain.

"Little Caesar" has been discussed many times here as one of the three main pioneer gangster films of the 30s (the other two being "Public Enemy" with James Cagney and "Scarface" with Paul Muni).

Did you like it?
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Little Caesar - 04/18/09 12:21 PM

Funnily enough i bought it just last week myself Mig,as a little Easter treat to myself. Only £3 it cost me as well. Have not watched my copy yet but i have seen the film before. Great stuff!
Posted By: Mark

Re: Little Caesar - 04/18/09 12:32 PM

"Mother of mercy, is this the end of Rico?"
That's the only line I know from the movie. It's a good film for its time. Definitely worth a look!
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Little Caesar - 04/18/09 05:29 PM

It's one of the great gangster movies. Still powerful. It made Edward G. Robinson. Problem for him was that, for a long time, he couldn't get out from under the gangster image. But he was a wonderful and versatile actor. He improved every movie he was in.

If you think he was nasty in "Little Caesar," catch him in "Key Largo." Oh boy...
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Little Caesar - 04/18/09 07:18 PM

I went the other way with Robinson; saw him in Double Indemnity first, then Woman in the Window, and then Key Largo...

Might buy this.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Little Caesar - 04/19/09 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: SC
Sorry to disappoint ya, Mig, but it's not about a pizza chain.

"Little Caesar" has been discussed many times here as one of the three main pioneer gangster films of the 30s (the other two being "Public Enemy" with James Cagney and "Scarface" with Paul Muni).

Did you like it?

I haven't had a chance to see it yet. My sis in law came to visit this weekend. I can't wait to watch it.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Little Caesar - 04/21/09 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I went the other way with Robinson; saw him in Double Indemnity first, then Woman in the Window, and then Key Largo...

Might buy this.

£3 in HMV mate. Bargain!
Posted By: veneratio

Re: Little Caesar - 05/17/09 11:46 PM

Yeah I bought this last year, I've only watched it once.
Thought it was good but should probably watch it again to check ;-)
Also I want to see 'White Heat'? Is it good?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET