Home

The Departed Sequel and Prequel!

Posted By: DonPacino

The Departed Sequel and Prequel! - 02/25/07 09:46 PM

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/news.php?id=5357

I loved this movie, and thought the acting was great. Now that De Niro may appear in a sequel I'm excited. In a prequel I think Johnny Depp would be great as Costello. Maybe Liotta as Queenen or maybe even Charlie Sheen. I've got no idea what this sequel/prequel should be about though.

What are your opinions/ideas?
Posted By: Longneck

Re: The Departed Sequel and Prequel! - 02/25/07 11:33 PM

I think a prequel might be harder to do because of the ages of the main characters (in their 20's), but then most others in the movie are dead. So unless it revolves around Dignam trying to stop whoever takes Costello's place I don't see a lot of places it could go.
Posted By: BDuff

Re: The Departed Sequel and Prequel! - 02/26/07 02:21 AM

I think it's a terrible idea in general. Costello, French, Costigan, Sullivan, Brown, Barrigan, and Queenan are all dead. Meaning every important character other than Dignam is dead. A sequel wouldn't work, but I could see a prequel. I see a title like "The Departed II: The Rise of Costello".
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: The Departed Sequel and Prequel! - 03/08/07 02:41 AM

I can't stand this trend of makeing sequels and prequels to every single movie that comes out. Just leave a good movie alone.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: The Departed Sequel and Prequel! - 03/08/07 06:16 AM

Originally Posted By: BDuff
I think it's a terrible idea in general. Costello, French, Costigan, Sullivan, Brown, Barrigan, and Queenan are all dead. Meaning every important character other than Dignam is dead. A sequel wouldn't work, but I could see a prequel. I see a title like "The Departed II: The Rise of Costello".

I agree. I don't think a sequel would work but a prequel good. In any case, I don't think it'd be directed by Marty so it would already be starting off on the wrong foot.
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: The Departed Sequel and Prequel! - 03/10/07 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Irishman12

I don't think it'd be directed by Marty so it would already be starting off on the wrong foot.

I think that says it all right there.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: The Departed Sequel and Prequel! - 03/14/07 07:14 AM

Guys, you all forget that Hollywood is just like the Mob.

People like money....people will keep doing actions, right or not, as long as they are getting their cash.
Posted By: Verbal_Kint

Re: The Departed Sequel and Prequel! - 04/02/07 05:46 PM

Well, The Departed is based on the HK movie Infernal Affairs which also has a prequel and a sequel which apparently I've heard are pretty damn good. So maybe this is what they're also basing those on, so hey, you never know. However, that said, I'm pretty certain they'll stink.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: The Departed Sequel and Prequel! - 04/08/07 05:03 PM

Bad News......looks like the sequel is in Development Hell at the moment.

If things change, I'll let you all know.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET