Home

The Family

Posted By: Mrs. Corleone

The Family - 04/23/06 05:36 PM

Anybody read this? I just checked it out last week at the library and I'm on chapter 6. It's pretty good so far!
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: The Family - 04/23/06 06:13 PM

I have it I dunno how far I am in it but I agree with you its pretty fuckin good anyone know where I can find Omerta?
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: The Family - 04/24/06 11:59 AM

If you like any or all of the following you will like Mario Puzo's The Family: inpo, Italy, Spain, Portugal, The Vatican, Rome, Naples, Sicily, The Pope, Roman Catholicism, Islam, Judaism, History, Courage, a good Pulp Fiction type story, and great writing that was assisted by Carol Gino you'll enjoy the book. Give it a chance and read it carefully though. Having said all this, with the right director, cast and writing, like The Sicilian this could be made into a stunning movie.
Posted By: Don Rypcord

Re: The Family - 04/25/06 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
If you like any or all of the following you will like Mario Puzo's The Family: inpo, Italy, Spain, Portugal, The Vatican, Rome, Naples, Sicily, The Pope, Roman Catholicism, Islam, Judaism, History, Courage, a good Pulp Fiction type story, and great writing that was assisted by Carol Gino you'll enjoy the book. Give it a chance and read it carefully though. Having said all this, with the right director, cast and writing, like The Sicilian this could be made into a stunning movie.
Pulp fiction and The Family?....uhh.... where's the similarities?

The Sicillian was a stunning movie?!

ANYWAY.... The Family is probably Puzo's 3rd/4rth best novel (behind Godfather, Unfortunate Pilgrim, and Sicilian), followed by Omerta, then the rest of his novels really.

Enjoy it. Its not overtly Mafia, but its basically Mafia.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: The Family - 04/25/06 08:09 AM

Pulp Fiction is related to The Family in their narrative and chronological structure.

The Sicilian **movie** was stunning and breathtaking really. In its STUPIDITY and poor planning!

Anyways, I think The Family is one of Puzo's finest works. He was helped by Carol Gino.

1. The Sicilian
2. The Godfather or The Family
3. The Family or The Godfather
4. The Last Don
5. Omerta

The Family is not really Mafia at all. But then, the whole World could be a MAFIA and I could be one too. I'm not! but hey anything's possible!
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: The Family - 04/26/06 02:06 AM

Heres how I rate Puzo's books.

1.The Godfather
2.The Last Don
3.The Sicilian

Those are his three best books (Out of the ones I've read completely so far.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: The Family - 05/07/06 04:26 PM

What in the Sicilian is appealing to readers? I've tried to read it, twice, but put it down after the first hundred pages because it was so slow. Am I missing something?

However, other MP books I have read (and enjoyed) include:

The Godfather (of course)
Fools Die
Omerta
Posted By: Ayperi

Re: The Family - 05/10/06 07:11 PM

I just read The Family and thought it was very good. But I do wonder if witnessing a marriage was something commonly done at that time? For example when Pope Alexander witnessed his daughter sleeping with her husband for the first time after they were married.

Re: The Family - 05/11/06 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cathy:
I just read The Family and thought it was very good. But I do wonder if witnessing a marriage was something commonly done at that time? For example when Pope Alexander witnessed his daughter sleeping with her husband for the first time after they were married.
It wasn't "common", it was REQUIRED by the Pope.
Posted By: Ayperi

Re: The Family - 05/12/06 02:36 PM

Well I'm glad I wasn't alive then cause I could never look at the Pope the same way after I got jiggy with my hubby in front of him.

Re: The Family - 05/12/06 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cathy:
Well I'm glad I wasn't alive then cause I could never look at the Pope the same way after I got jiggy with my hubby in front of him.
Wanna get jiggy with me while the pope watches? :-D
Posted By: chigo

Re: The Family - 03/24/07 06:59 AM

The Family was based on the fruitful and unfruitful years of Borgia domination with a little imaginary fictionalized ideas of Puzo and Gino.

It's a great great read! I loved it! Combining History and Fiction.. like Michael Crichton's "Timeline", awesome!
Posted By: JMDII

Re: The Family - 08/17/07 01:17 AM

I think The Family is right up there with THE GODFATHER. Both are great books with fanstic story telling by Puzo and the characters are great. I think that given the right actors, director, and big budget that THE FAMILY would make an excellent movie.
Posted By: DonBowe

Re: The Family - 08/21/07 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: JMDII
I think The Family is right up there with THE GODFATHER. Both are great books with fanstic story telling by Puzo and the characters are great. I think that given the right actors, director, and big budget that THE FAMILY would make an excellent movie.

Without a doubt i could see it being a masterpiece.

Re: The Family - 08/24/07 12:17 AM

maybe we should write the script!
Posted By: DonRobertoCorleone

Re: The Family - 09/05/07 07:34 PM

I hope the movie comes off
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: The Family - 09/06/07 12:46 AM

was anybody bothered about the incest in the story at all?

Re: The Family - 09/06/07 06:40 PM

I'm from tennessee so no the incest doesn't really bother me too much. Hahaha.
Posted By: DonBowe

Re: The Family - 10/23/07 02:01 AM

i just finished 'The Family' and i enjoyed it very much
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET