Home

Mario Puzo Books

Posted By: Don Jasani

Mario Puzo Books - 02/12/06 03:23 AM

The Mario Puzo books I have read are The Godfather, The Sicilian, The Last Don, Omerta and The Family. Eventually I would like to own and read all of the (sadly too few) books the man wrote. My question is to those who have read most if not all of Mr. Puzo's books. Of The Dark Arena, The Fortunate Pilgrim, Fools Die and The Fourth K which is the one you liked the best and why?
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Mario Puzo Books - 02/13/06 06:33 PM

I really liked the fortunate pilgram. A really good book.

DS
Posted By: Veso

Re: Mario Puzo Books - 02/19/06 12:30 PM

I don't like fools die.
Posted By: JohnnyGaganucci

Re: Mario Puzo Books - 03/01/06 04:00 AM

I love to read non-fiction, but never fiction. This goes back 20 years to middle school. I've found them long, boring, and I lose interest.

I picked up GF and enjoyed it. I think, though, it was because the movie was almost 100% true to the book and the book has so much more to it.

So I decided to give Pilgrim a try. I just finished part one and am not enjoying. It is very drawn out and not much has happened. The family members don't like each other. I get it.

I hope the remaining portion picks up.
Posted By: Don Rypcord

Re: Mario Puzo Books - 03/01/06 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyGaganucci:
I love to read non-fiction, but never fiction. This goes back 20 years to middle school. I've found them long, boring, and I lose interest.

I picked up GF and enjoyed it. I think, though, it was because the movie was almost 100% true to the book and the book has so much more to it.

So I decided to give Pilgrim a try. I just finished part one and am not enjoying. It is very drawn out and not much has happened. The family members don't like each other. I get it.

I hope the remaining portion picks up.
ummmmmmmmmmmmm....... you do know that The Godfather is FICTION also right?
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Mario Puzo Books - 03/02/06 10:06 PM

I liked the Fourth K and Fools Die very much. I read them years ago, but do remember enjoying them. Of all of Puzo's books, I think that my favorite would have to be The Sicilian, though.
Posted By: JohnnyGaganucci

Re: Mario Puzo Books - 04/13/06 04:14 AM

Quote:
ummmmmmmmmmmmm....... you do know that The Godfather is FICTION also right?
That was fiction? Wow. I guess I'm really stupid.

I was pointing out that I don't usually read novels. I just finished Pilgrim and it didn't make me want to pick up another piece of FICTION. It just confirmed my suspicion that I liked GF because I already knew the characters thanks to the movie. It just added to what I already knew. I'm sure that I wouldn't have enjoyed the NOVEL if I had read it before seeing the movie.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET