The Dark Arena - 09/04/05 10:22 PM

who read this book?
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: The Dark Arena - 09/11/05 09:06 PM

I haven't...

Is it good?
Posted By: Frank Pentangely

Re: The Dark Arena - 09/17/05 03:01 AM

I bought it to some guy on the street, he asked me if I had read "the godfather", my look of wiseguy was enough reply for him and he said that he was selling another Puzzo´s novel called "The Dark Arena" so I bought it (also tipped the guy) and never read it... Just didnt catch me.
Is it good?
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: The Dark Arena - 08/26/06 01:02 PM

I have a question, reading I noticed that one guy cannot go to USA because he has TB and he got it in a concentration camp.

What is a TB?
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: The Dark Arena - 08/26/06 02:22 PM

TB is tuburculosis...and it's highly contageous

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006022404875
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: The Dark Arena - 08/26/06 10:14 PM

Tuburculosis!!! I should have figured it out! Thank you, apple!
Posted By: decoy_fighter

Re: The Dark Arena - 12/02/06 05:12 PM

i read it... not so impressed. i just find world war II novels boring. and this one isnt an exception even thought it was written by Puzo.
Posted By: LeroyBrown

Re: The Dark Arena - 12/04/06 12:07 AM

...i read the dark arena this past summer. it doesn't touch the godfather. the godfather is a well put together work of expert craftsmanship. the main character in dark arena, a soldier, is in his early twenties. he's got a cavalier attitude and in some ways he's not very likeable. the story doesn't ever quite catch fire. however, every once in a while puzo hits you with a scene or incident that really grabs hold of you. i recall a sequence were a bunch of characters go exploring in the remains of a bombed-out house that has somehow collapsed into another home with people occupying it. extremely creepy chapter. you find yourself waiting for more of those kinds of sections. felt like an early puzo work, maybe one he'd written when he himself was in his youth. he was in the army during world war two, was he not? magic writing ability. must have been possessed by the devil to write like that...

CHECK OUT MY MOVIE IDEAS: http://www.callumhouston.com/
Posted By: Longneck

Re: The Dark Arena - 01/04/07 02:53 AM

I tried, I just couldn't get into it. I haven't read all of it, but I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone.
Posted By: FredoCorleone

Re: The Dark Arena - 09/02/09 02:26 AM

I just read the first chapter, and wow! The books fantastic so far!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET