Home

The Sicilian

Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

The Sicilian - 08/28/05 09:18 PM

I read the book, it is interesting, the movie isn`t. Michael Corleone does not appear but someone names him just once and not by his name, someone says "The Don" or "The american", I don`t remember
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: The Sicilian - 08/29/05 03:58 PM

I enjoyed reading The Sicilian, although it bored me in parts. I don't like how Mario Puzo added Michael Corleone and Peter Clemenza to the story to sell the book.

Re: The Sicilian - 08/29/05 04:57 PM

I know what you mean and I agree with you, but It sometimes makes sense anyway, in the movie and the book Puzo does not explain how Michael came back to America. We can considered as a cover of a missing story, you know there are many missing parts and year in the Corleone Saga, when I get the chance and arrange some details I am going to make a timeline to cover all the missing parts with things from the webpage, books, movies or whereever I can get info from.
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: The Sicilian - 09/21/05 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter_Clemenza:
I enjoyed reading The Sicilian, although it bored me in parts. I don't like how Mario Puzo added Michael Corleone and Peter Clemenza to the story to sell the book.
Yeah, I'm glad he didn't do that with other books. But it was nice to have another book with Godfather elements in it. As far as I know Omerta is the only other book that he wrote that mentions the Corleones.
Posted By: LaFamiglia

Re: The Sicilian - 09/29/05 02:02 PM

I bought The Sicilian at the mall yesterday for $4.00 used. I knew that since the movie was made for a novel written by Mario Puzo it would be good. I enjoyed watching it. An old friend of mine once said, "It's not The Godfather." And after watching I came to realize that it's not. It's ."The Sicilian". I don't have to compare movies to bigger, more popular movies. That's what ruins the film. So when I watched it, I watched it as a new adventure. I'm kind of surprised they didn't make other Mario Puzo novels into big films...And as successful.

Re: The Sicilian - 09/29/05 05:27 PM

[/qb][/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm glad he didn't do that with other books. But it was nice to have another book with Godfather elements in it. As far as I know Omerta is the only other book that he wrote that mentions the Corleones. [/QB][/QUOTE]

In Omerta, the name of the Sicilian Mafia is "Corleonesi", a little bit similar but it does not make the difference.
Posted By: Don Chater

Re: The Sicilian - 10/19/05 12:01 AM

It's my first Puzo novel. I'm currently reading it and so far, it's been fantastic.
Posted By: Don Chater

Re: The Sicilian - 11/06/05 01:53 PM

Woops, forgot about this.

Anyways, I read it and it was great. A charming book.

Now, I'm beginning the Godfather. Finally.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET