Home

Omerta

Posted By: Joe Batters

Omerta - 08/03/05 02:17 PM

This book rocked my world
Posted By: MafiaHitman13

Re: Omerta - 08/05/05 03:47 AM

Omerta was a good book; Too bad puzo could not stay alive to write another masterpiece
Posted By: Joe Batters

Re: Omerta - 08/05/05 02:58 PM

No doubt, he was a maser of storytelling
He could write in a way that drew you in and wouldn't let you go until it was over
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Omerta - 08/05/05 10:04 PM

Omerta was good but nowhere near his best work...i thought!
But hey its still a great read
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: Omerta - 08/28/05 09:12 PM

I am actually reading the book

Re: Omerta - 08/29/05 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
I am actually reading the book
Hope you enjoy it

Re: Omerta - 09/04/05 10:04 PM

I finished! The book is really wonderfull, but if I were Astorre I should kill Rosie, she could embarrase him with her lovers around, she is not the right girl for him. She cheats on everybody everytime. What could the people say in Sicily or New York that his wife is a bitch? Astorre could loose respect.

Re: Omerta - 09/19/05 07:15 PM

Nobody wants to talk about this book?
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Omerta - 09/20/05 12:27 AM

Decent book. Not great, but not bad.

Re: Omerta - 09/20/05 04:55 PM

I don`t like the ending
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: Omerta - 09/20/05 10:23 PM

What ever happened to the movie they were supposed to make of this? They made the Sicilian and 2 Last Dons, where's Omerta?

Re: Omerta - 09/21/05 03:48 PM

There are 2 THe Last Don? Are you sure?
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: Omerta - 09/21/05 06:41 PM

They made The Last Don and The Last Don Part II. I have them both.
Posted By: Don Chater

Re: Omerta - 11/06/05 01:55 PM

I can't seem to find Omerta at any of the local book stores. I've already purchased Godfather and The Sicilian, but I also want Omerta and it's nowhere to be found

Guess I'll have to order it.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Omerta - 11/06/05 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Chater:
I can't seem to find Omerta at any of the local book stores. I've already purchased Godfather and The Sicilian, but I also want Omerta and it's nowhere to be found

Guess I'll have to order it.
Try Ebay. I'm not big into used books, but I've got a few books from there at extremely low prices. They have all been in great shape. It's amazing what you can find on Ebay!
Posted By: Don Chater

Re: Omerta - 11/10/05 10:52 PM

I don't like the idea of ordering online.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Omerta - 11/11/05 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Chater:
I don't like the idea of ordering online.
It's not much different from ordering in a magazine. At least on Ebay, lets say you decide to do what I did and buy Fools Die for a penny. Usually it's set up through a store, so that helps with credibility. Plus, you can always check user feedback. If they have negative feedback, read why, and don't order from them. Either way, ordering online is fine if you know where to go. I strongly advise you to check out Ebay. I only got ripped off once, it was because I paid for a bumper sticker ("Protected by the Mafia" bumper sticker) with cash. Plus, the store I bought from had tons of negative feedback. Other than that, everything else has been fine.

Re: Omerta - 11/27/05 07:40 PM

I actually caught a guy at work reading Omerta the other day.
"Whats that your reading there?" i said, knowing of course full well what it was he was reading
"Omerta" he said..."its by the same fella that wrote the Godfather you know" he continued..
"Really?" i exclaimed...taking the mick out of him a little
"Yes" he said "and i think he also wrote Apocalype Now as well"....
I had to walk away
Posted By: JCazale99

Re: Omerta - 03/24/08 11:15 PM

Quote:
but if I were Astorre I should kill Rosie, she could embarrase him with her lovers around, she is not the right girl for him. She cheats on everybody everytime. What could the people say in Sicily or New York that his wife is a bitch? Astorre could loose respect.
Well I think the idea of him getting married to Rosie is that she is a bitch. He doesn't have to feel guilty about being himself with her. She sleeps around and he murders people that irk him the wrong way. They're a perfect couple because they can't judge each other. well, they can't judge each other on any moral ground without being hypocritical. I think that's why he felt comfortable with her.
Posted By: JCazale99

Re: Omerta - 03/24/08 11:22 PM

Quote:
I actually caught a guy at work reading Omerta the other day.
"Whats that your reading there?" i said, knowing of course full well what it was he was reading
"Omerta" he said..."its by the same fella that wrote the Godfather you know" he continued..
"Really?" i exclaimed...taking the mick out of him a little
"Yes" he said "and i think he also wrote Apocalype Now as well"....
I had to walk away

Wow...that is hilarious. This story has just made my day brighter.
Posted By: Don_Gordhi

Re: Omerta - 03/28/08 05:16 PM

THIS IS THE NEXT BEST NOVEL FROM PUZO...
Posted By: LaFamiglia

Re: Omerta - 05/13/08 01:19 AM

I'm reading Chapter 7 where Nichole is having a little gathering and Rosie just got kidnapped at her cottage while the Sturzo twins are just unpacking. It's a great book. I've read so much in the past 2 days. I love this book. I'd like to see a small movie made on it.
Posted By: Alive4Kill

Re: Omerta - 05/21/09 06:14 PM

i bought it yesterday I'm pretty excited about it.I only read the Godfather and I loved it. I hope it is good as The Godfather. blush
Posted By: vendatta

Re: Omerta - 06/07/09 12:28 PM

good book
Posted By: Lovecraft

Re: Omerta - 06/15/10 12:51 PM

One of my favourite books. I have to admit I'm a little surprised everyones likes it though. A few months back I was reading reviews for Omerta and it was basicly being ripped apart as a terrible novel.
Posted By: NickGeraci

Re: Omerta - 03/13/11 08:09 AM

One of the Greatest books I've read!!!
Posted By: southend

Re: Omerta - 10/17/13 12:40 PM

I really enjoyed this book, Full of awesome twists&turns plus it kept me entertained as it played out like a movie in my head. Definitely recommend it for any Puzo fan who hasn't read it yet
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET