Home

Borgia movie

Posted By: Liz_85

Borgia movie - 08/16/02 07:02 AM

This could be old news, but I saw in a movie magazine the other day that Ewan McGregor and Christina Ricci are going to be brother and sister in the new movie about the Borgias. I assumed it was based on this book, but the article didn't mention it.
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: Borgia movie - 09/07/02 01:47 AM

Hey, i just thought I'd post this as it is quite relevant, i got it in Hotdog issue 27, which i bought about a week ago.

Neil Jordan's epic flick Borgia is back in business thanks to a little help from Graham King's Initial Entertainment Group. The film hit trouble when Myriad pictures pulled out, but filming is now on course to begin in october. The movie tells the intriguing tale of the infamous Borgia family, with a cast including Ewan McGregor, Christina Ricci, John Malkovich, Antonio Banderas and Ian McKellen.

Hope this helps or is of some interest.
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Borgia movie - 10/05/02 03:56 PM

at least that's one hell of a cast (not really Sicilian though, I believe McKellen and McGregor are true Brittish... Ricci sounds Italian to me but if she really can speak Italian or anything, I don't know). Malkovich doesn't sound Italian too, but he played Tom Ripley, who I thought was an Englishman in Italy so..

In Imdb.com I found out that "Borgia" will come out somewhere in 2003, and Jean Reno is starring as well!
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Borgia movie - 10/05/02 03:59 PM

nothing about Mario Puzo and/or his novel though
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET