Home

So...

Posted By: J Geoff

So... - 10/04/01 12:31 AM

Who's gotten and started reading The Family? What do you think?

JG
Posted By: DonThomas

Re: So... - 10/04/01 12:41 AM

Oh yeah. I need to go out and get that. Thanks for the reminder!
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: So... - 10/04/01 12:55 AM

Yes, please - we gotta get it a good showing on the bestseller list!

JG
Posted By: Liz Skywalker

Re: So... - 10/04/01 01:17 AM

stupid question, but it's out in hardback, ja?
Posted By: Don Rico

Re: So... - 10/04/01 03:45 AM

Fresh and hot off the presses.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: So... - 10/04/01 10:49 AM

I'm still waiting for mine. I pre-ordered it from Amazon.co.uk. I hope i'm not kept waiting for too long. I ordered it seperately to the DVD Godfather collection so they better not send it with that.

Yep Liz its hardback. I don't think the paperback copy will be released for maybe about 6 months. I think thast what usually happens.
Posted By: Carol Gino

Re: So... - 10/07/01 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
I'm still waiting for mine. I pre-ordered it from Amazon.co.uk. I hope i'm not kept waiting for too long. I ordered it seperately to the DVD Godfather collection so they better not send it with that.

Yep Liz its hardback. I don't think the paperback copy will be released for maybe about 6 months. I think thast what usually happens.

Hi Turi and Liz,
Paperback books usually come out one year from the time of Harback publication. I hear that the book is high on Amazon's list of best sellers and I haven't even gotten mine yet because they're being careful about how many they're sending to each store. They're guarding it like gold. But I heard from the editor that it's selling well....So here's hoping. Wondering what Mario's thinking right now...
Posted By: Liz Skywalker

Re: So... - 10/07/01 12:41 AM

saw it in Barnes and Nobles today. Had a whole stack for 'em. %20 off, pretty good. started reading it, very great so far!!!
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: So... - 10/07/01 01:06 AM

Godfather paperback- $1.50 The family hardcover $27.00 Plus...Man have times changed...
Posted By: DonThomas

Re: So... - 10/07/01 03:40 AM

Damn you inflation!
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: So... - 10/07/01 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Carol Gino:

Hi Turi and Liz,
Paperback books usually come out one year from the time of Harback publication. I hear that the book is high on Amazon's list of best sellers and I haven't even gotten mine yet because they're being careful about how many they're sending to each store. They're guarding it like gold. But I heard from the editor that it's selling well....So here's hoping. Wondering what Mario's thinking right now...

I'm pretty certain he's proud of a certain someone right now.
Posted By: Bogus Castellano

Re: So... - 10/07/01 11:48 PM

Wow...this is sad stuff. Let's give Mario a moment of silence...well, that won't take much...
Posted By: Anthony Spilotro

Re: So... - 02/07/02 05:06 AM

I'm just totally amazed that Carol GIno is actually talking to us. I wish JGeoff could get FFC on this message board
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: So... - 02/08/02 05:43 PM

I bought it about 2 weeks ago but i have not had the time. How manny books have puzo wrote.
I got Godfather,The last Don,Fools die,the sicilan.
Posted By: Don Sciz

Re: So... - 02/11/02 04:51 PM

I completed reading the novel about a week ago. I thought it was great. A novel about a mafia that existed before the mafia. I also thought it a touching tribute to their relationship that his wife was able to complete the novel for him based on their conversations about the novel and her synchronicity with Mario.

I definitely recommend this book. But don't expect Don Corleone or a facsimile thereof to sprout or you will be disappointed. And I must admit that now that I'm finished, I'm very ready for a return visit to Sicilian roots, so I'm reading the Sicilian, and am happy to be reunited with Michael Corleone!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET