Home

Lastest Puzo novel?

Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/15/01 02:03 PM

Is it The Family which is the latest Puzo novel in which his wife had to complete?

It sounded interesting when I think on the old board Geoff explained it.

Ok well what i want to know is when its likely to to be released?
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/15/01 02:18 PM

THE FAMILY is due out in October.

While not about the Mafia, it is a story about the greatest power family in Italian history -- the Borgias. It's based on Rodrigo Borgia (Pope Alexander VI) and his family, friends, and enemies from 15th century Rome. It's much more interesting than it sounds - trust me!

Mario spent 10 years on this and had just written the last chapter a couple weeks before he died. His author-wife Carol Gino completed it. (Carol will be a guest on this message board next month to talk about the book and answer any questions you may have!)

Keep an eye out here, and on the Mario Puzo Library site for updates...

JG

I guess we passed the 30-day mark! I made a post about this the first day but since I had it set to only see the past 30 days of posts, I didn't see it in the listing...

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: J Geoff ]
Posted By: SC

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/15/01 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
I guess we passed the 30-day mark! I made a post about this the first day but since I had it set to only see the past 30 days of posts, I didn't see it in the listing...

Geoff -

I don't understand this...If one goes to the top of the page which lists each topic (with who started the topic, the number of replies and the last post) there is a place where you can change the 30 day "limit" to include all posts (on the upper right of the page).

Does this feature not work?

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/15/01 05:53 PM

Excellent. It does sound good.

Quote:
(Carol will be a guest on this message board next month to talk about the book and answer any questions you may have!)

Very cool, Thats excellent. Im looking forward to it.

Quote:
. It's much more interesting than it sounds - trust me!

Don't worry it really does. But I think you explained it better before though.

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/15/01 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:

Geoff -

I don't understand this...If one goes to the top of the page which lists each topic (with who started the topic, the number of replies and the last post) there is a place where you can change the 30 day "limit" to include [b] all
posts (on the upper right of the page).

Does this feature not work?[/b]

Yeah, it works - but I had mine set to 30 days and couldn't figure out at first why that original post disappeared.

JG <--dumbass
Posted By: SC

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/15/01 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Mario spent 10 years on this and had just written the last chapter a couple weeks before he died. His author-wife Carol Gino completed it. (Carol will be a guest on this message board next month to talk about the book and answer any questions you may have!)

That's gonna be way cool!

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: SC ]
Posted By: Joey T

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/17/01 06:14 PM

I can not wait until this book comes out. I just want to finish Dark Arena before it comes out so I can rank all the Puzo books Ive read. Isnt this the story he was working on when The Last Don idea came about?
Posted By: Sonny

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/18/01 01:50 AM

Don Malta, can you keep us updated on the Date Carol would drop in on this board? And the Time?

I would appreciate it.

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/18/01 05:31 AM

Absolutely - there's no way you'll miss it, unless you spend the next couple of months on a deserted island

JG

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/18/01 06:24 PM

Quote:
JGeoff
THE FAMILY is due out in October

I just realised i'm sure thast the USA date. Will the UK release be shortly after. I should think it wont be too long a wait.

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/20/01 07:08 PM

I don't know the international release dates, yet, sorry...

But this just in! I just the official press release -- a month early -- and I've posted it on The Family page at the Mario Puzo site - go check it out!

I'm still trying to schedule a live chat and/or a Q&A with Carol Gino so she can answer all your questions - stay tuned!

JG

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/20/01 08:02 PM

That really does sound like its going to be well worth to read. Sounds great. Can't wait.

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/20/01 08:58 PM

Okay, good - I see that amazon.co.uk says October 2nd, too...

JG
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/21/01 06:38 PM

Hope it's as good as omerta.
Posted By: Joey T

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/23/01 12:46 AM

I have a feeling this book will be better than Omerta. Just a hunch, but well have to wait to read. Mario considered Fortunate Pilgrim his greatest novel, and it was really good, but not as enjoyable as Godfather.

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/23/01 01:25 AM

I read alot about the borgias, how the pope slept with his daughter, how he was corrupt, its a fascination story. I'm gonna preorder it for sure

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/23/01 12:20 PM

Quote:
I read alot about the borgias, how the pope slept with his daughter,

WHAT????? Oh man. I guess i'm gonna have to wait then read it for myself. Crazy stuff.

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/23/01 01:20 PM

Yeah man, he was the most corrupt pope ever. The cathedral he had built cost like a billion $$ :p and he was always covered in jewellery and silk robes. He slept with his daughter and any other women who appealed to him, and back then it was fashionable to have big orgies, i wouldnt be surprised if he dipped into the male pool too
Posted By: Sonny

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/24/01 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joey Montana:
He slept with his daughter and any other women who appealed to him, and back then it was fashionable to have big orgies, i wouldnt be surprised if he dipped into the male pool too

That's what is called a fxxxxxg machine.

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/25/01 11:39 PM

I'm really looking forward to reading this novel now. Hey Joey you said you read abit about the Borgias. Do you know any sites so I can get a bit of backround before I read the book?

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 08/26/01 02:11 AM

'Fraid not. I learned about it when studying english history in the UK. Didnt have the internet back then :(. He's famous though, - im sure you'll find some good sites
Posted By: Devin

Re: Lastest Puzo novel? - 09/13/01 08:28 AM

I agree with all of you. I think this book is going to be great. I cant wait to read it. Thanks also for the international release date to. I just recently moved to Germany and was worried I would have to wait months before I could read it. MY personal feeling is that nothing could beat Godfather. I could be wrong though.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET