Home

"The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!!

Posted By: ACK_NO. 1

"The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! - 03/29/05 10:27 PM

After all these years, I finally viewed the film version of Mario Puzo's The Sicilian - GAWD!!! It's as bad as everyone says!!

I found myself laughing at Christopher Lambert's painful attempts at being "dramatic" with his forced line readings. This guy has to be one of the worst actors of all-time!! Just absolutely dreadful!!

It would have been somewhat watchable had a decent actor been cast in the lead role. I'm sick of remakes, but in this case, it would be good to see a good director make a good film based on Puzo's original novel.

It would also be interesting to see books based on Fools Die and The Fourth K, but I don't know if we'll ever see those.
Posted By: The Puppet Mistress

Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! - 03/31/05 05:28 PM

I haven't seen the movie - I really should but I kind of avoid it coz I heard bad reviews and the book is sooooo good.
Interesting to hear your view.
Posted By: Sonny DiCosca

Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! - 04/04/05 07:23 PM

I don't wanna watch the movie since Turi looked nothing like I imagined, and it god bad reviews. But the book was very, very good.
Posted By: Moscarelli

Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! - 04/04/05 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ACK_NO. 1:
...It would also be interesting to see books based on Fools Die and The Fourth K, but I don't know if we'll ever see those.
Well they are, I believe, in the making of creating a movie out of another Mario Puzo book, Omerta. Christopher Imperioli is to be writing the script.

And, I never plan to watch The Sicilian. The book was VERY good, the best of Puzo, I believe, and I don't want such a movie like this to ruin it for me.
Posted By: TheSicilian123

Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! - 04/05/05 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Junior:
[quote]Originally posted by ACK_NO. 1:
[b]...It would also be interesting to see books based on Fools Die and The Fourth K, but I don't know if we'll ever see those.
Well they are, I believe, in the making of creating a movie out of another Mario Puzo book, Omerta. Christopher Imperioli is to be writing the script.

And, I never plan to watch The Sicilian. The book was VERY good, the best of Puzo, I believe, and I don't want such a movie like this to ruin it for me.
[/b][/quote]Are you 100% sure their gunna make it or is it rumer? If so when? cuz i

Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! - 04/05/05 02:07 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by ACK_NO. 1:
[b]...It would also be interesting to see books based on Fools Die and The Fourth K, but I don't know if we'll ever see those.

[/b][/quote]Are you 100% sure their gunna make it or is it rumer? If so when? cuz i dont know if i should read the book or see the movie first

Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! - 04/06/05 03:06 AM

Well, know I am not 100% sure but there is another forum discussing this, I believe. Either way, I suggest reading the book first, I wish I did that with The Godfather. It makes a better experience in the theater and it makes the movie easier to understand.

Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! - 04/13/05 07:11 PM

Quote:
Well, know I am not 100% sure but there is another forum discussing this, I believe. Either way, I suggest reading the book first, I wish I did that with The Godfather. It makes a better experience in the theater and it makes the movie easier to understand.
I like to watch the move first, i'm reading the Godfather right now. It makes me see what the characters look like easier.

Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! - 04/13/05 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny DiCosca:
[quote]Originally posted by Junior:
[b] Well, know I am not 100% sure but there is another forum discussing this, I believe. Either way, I suggest reading the book first, I wish I did that with The Godfather. It makes a better experience in the theater and it makes the movie easier to understand.
I like to watch the move first, i'm reading the Godfather right now. It makes me see what the characters look like easier. [/b][/quote]True, but I like to compare my imagination with the director's. To see a movie based a on a book you have already read, seems to add a new dimension to the story.

Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! - 04/15/05 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Moscarelli:
[quote]Originally posted by Sonny DiCosca:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Junior:
[b] Well, know I am not 100% sure but there is another forum discussing this, I believe. Either way, I suggest reading the book first, I wish I did that with The Godfather. It makes a better experience in the theater and it makes the movie easier to understand.
I like to watch the move first, i'm reading the Godfather right now. It makes me see what the characters look like easier. [/b][/quote]True, but I like to compare my imagination with the director's. To see a movie based a on a book you have already read, seems to add a new dimension to the story. [/b][/quote]That's true. Because I can't imagine Turi Guiliano looking like he did in the movie... I thought he rather looked like Hercules. (however you spell it)

Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! - 04/25/05 01:47 AM

I like to read the book before I see the movie. I never saw "The Sicilain" and from the post on here im pritty sure im not going to. My girlfriends dad has it and I always wanted to watch it but thank god I didnt.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET