Home

Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters...

Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/05/05 09:59 PM

Have you ever tried to create your own novel/novels, involving the cosa nostra based on characters created by Mario Puzo?

I have written chapters based on characters created by Mario Puzo, for the simple fact that I cannot create my own, all of which have been deleted because of their lack in excitement.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/06/05 05:48 PM

It would be a good idea,but things like that get too confusing
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/06/05 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DE NIRO:
It would be a good idea,but things like that get too confusing
I agree with Deniro.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/07/05 12:51 AM

It would be a very tuff project. One would have to put a lot of time into research and the continuity would have to be flawless or else you would wind up with a Winegardner book!

Don Cardi
Posted By: TheSicilian123

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/07/05 12:59 AM

Ive writen a short one about the Mafia sort of like the Godfather exept it is spreading threw 3 grenorations
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/07/05 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSicilian123:
Ive writen a short one about the Mafia sort of like the Godfather exept it is spreading threw 3 grenorations
That sounds good,Why don't you post something that you have and let everybody read it and let people share there thoughts with you
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/07/05 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
It would be a very tuff project. One would have to put a lot of time into research and the continuity would have to be flawless or else you would wind up with a Winegardner book!

Yes, DC, it is a threat indeed. One would do anything not to end at his place!
And really what stops is that there are such masterpieces of this genre to be compared with...

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/07/05 03:41 PM

I explained the history of Don Croce. I went into much more detail than Mario Puzo did in The Sicilian. I explained how he became successor to the previous Capo di Capi of Sicily, etc.
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/07/05 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter_Clemenza:
I explained the history of Don Croce. I went into much more detail than Mario Puzo did in The Sicilian. I explained how he became successor to the previous Capo di Capi of Sicily, etc.
Wow! Then, you must have a lot of knowledge in the history of Mafia in Sicily! Where were you collecting info?
Posted By: Don Rypcord

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/08/05 02:54 AM

Quote:
Can anyone give me any more info on Don Croce....

I just wonder, because my mother's maiden name is Croce. And she's 100% italian, and her grandfather came straight over "on the boat", so I'd just like more info.

Thanxs.

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/11/05 04:06 PM

Don Croce's surname was Malo.

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/11/05 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
[quote]Originally posted by Peter_Clemenza:
[b] I explained the history of Don Croce. I went into much more detail than Mario Puzo did in The Sicilian. I explained how he became successor to the previous Capo di Capi of Sicily, etc.
Wow! Then, you must have a lot of knowledge in the history of Mafia in Sicily! Where were you collecting info? [/b][/quote]I read websites about Sicily and the Sicilian mafia. I also re-read many pages from The Sicilian to gain extra knowledge on the carabinieri, etc.
Posted By: TheSicilian123

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/15/05 02:46 AM

I've been thinking about a story of a kid whos dad is Fredo. (His mother was a cocktail waitress) and his mom is related to Turi Guiliano. I was thinking about calling it "Blood of a saint, son of a fool."

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/18/05 11:51 AM

It sounds interesting, but writing about Frederico Corleone's mistress being related to Salvatore Guiliano would be odd, as the Corleone family are related to Salvatore Guiliano.
Posted By: Sonny DiCosca

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/24/05 10:51 AM

I'm going to make my own. But I really need an editor, I want the layout of the pages to be like Mario's.

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/24/05 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny DiCosca:
I'm going to make my own. But I really need an editor, I want the layout of the pages to be like Mario's.
Im gonna make the DiCosca Crime Family. It is in Sicily and all the Mafisi Ranks are gonna be Sicilian ranks. Not Italian.

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/24/05 12:12 PM

anyone else?

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 03/24/05 12:13 PM

Quote:
It sounds interesting, but writing about Frederico Corleone's mistress being related to Salvatore Guiliano would be odd, as the Corleone family are related to Salvatore Guiliano.
Actually there not. They just built the Corleone estate on Long Island.
Posted By: mercop

Re: Your own novel/novels, based on Mario Puzo's characters... - 04/30/08 03:49 AM

I have tried to write a short story about Clemenza from the time he takes over to the time of his death, but havent had the spare time to continue it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET