Home

Which do you prefer?

Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Which do you prefer? - 03/05/05 08:53 PM

Which do you prefer?
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Which do you prefer? - 03/07/05 11:35 PM

No Contest between those two! Not even close!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: Which do you prefer? - 03/11/05 04:19 PM

I completely agree with Don Cardi. The Godfather is a much better novel than The Sicilian.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Which do you prefer? - 03/18/05 04:59 PM

The Godfather, no doubt.
Posted By: Sonny DiCosca

Re: Which do you prefer? - 03/22/05 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter_Clemenza:
Which do you prefer?
The Sicilian big-time bitch. I haven't read the Godfather yet but i've seen the movie lots of times. Still, the Sicilian was one of the bes Mario Puzo books i've ever read.
Posted By: Sonny DiCosca

Re: Which do you prefer? - 03/22/05 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter_Clemenza:
I completely agree with Don Cardi. The Godfather is a much better novel than The Sicilian.
How can you say that! I love the Godfather but the drama of Turi Guiliano and his friend Pisciotta (forgot first name...). They were opposites still and it had one of the best endings! But I haven't "read" the Godfather but i've watched it.
Posted By: Darulerric

Re: Which do you prefer? - 03/28/05 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny DiCosca:
[quote]Originally posted by Peter_Clemenza:
[b] I completely agree with Don Cardi. The Godfather is a much better novel than The Sicilian.
How can you say that! I love the Godfather but the drama of Turi Guiliano and his friend Pisciotta (forgot first name...). They were opposites still and it had one of the best endings! But I haven't "read" the Godfather but i've watched it. [/b][/quote]You must read, I read it for the first time last summer when i was in Italy and I plan on reading it again along with The Sicilian
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Which do you prefer? - 05/08/05 07:34 PM

Again Godfather is the beter book.But still thought the sicilian was a good read.Puzo was a an amazing writer,when you read the book's it feels as though you are in the book with the Chrecters.
Posted By: Moscarelli

Re: Which do you prefer? - 05/08/05 09:43 PM

Quote:
[b] Which do you prefer?
The Sicilian big-time bitch. I haven't read the Godfather yet but i've seen the movie lots of times. Still, the Sicilian was one of the bes Mario Puzo books i've ever read. [/b][/quote]How can you say one book is better then another when you haven't read one of them? The Godfather book, in many ways, is much different, and in my opinion, better then, the movie. However, I still agree, The Sicilian was better written. It was a better story, and much more captivating. Besides, the Sicilian Mafia always interested me more then Cosa Nostra.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Which do you prefer? - 05/09/05 09:43 PM

Just echoing what the others are saying really.
the Godfather is the tops obviously but i still enjoyed The Sicilian very much...in fact i may read it again..it has been a while..
Posted By: SlimTrashman

Re: Which do you prefer? - 05/10/05 09:19 PM

The Godfather.

but if it was between the Godfather and Omerta, there is no doubt in my mind that Omerta is the better read.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Which do you prefer? - 06/02/05 08:43 PM

The Sicilian is a great book...
The Godfather is a great book too...
But The Sicilian movie was very bad...

The Godfather movie was...a dream come true...
Its one of the best movies I have seen in my life...
Posted By: TheSicilian123

Re: Which do you prefer? - 06/13/05 03:28 AM

I read The Godfather then The Sicilian which was great and im still thinking about which is better.
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: Which do you prefer? - 06/18/05 02:04 AM

Too close to call. Both excellent, excellent books.
Posted By: Geovanni-Martino

Re: Which do you prefer? - 07/08/05 11:30 PM

although i enjoy the movie more-so than the book, The Sicilian cant come close to The Godfather's greatness.
Posted By: Looking_for_Turi

Re: Which do you prefer? - 07/16/05 03:17 AM

First post.

I love The Sicilian better than The Godfather. The drama between Turi Guiliano and Aspanu Pisciotta is really good and the storytelling is superb! One can picture what it is like living in the mountains with those bandits. The imagery is really great! Thumbs up for Puzo!

Also, the The Fourth K and The Family are beautiful books. Puzo is truly a genius!
Posted By: Joe Batters

Re: Which do you prefer? - 08/03/05 02:15 PM

I thought The Sicilian was one of the most gripping stories I have ever read, The Godfather was great don't get me wrong but it didn't make me get as attached to the characters as The Sicilian did, I don't konw what it was about that book but something about it sucked me in and didn't let me go even after I was done with it, It changed the way I thought for a long time afterwards...if anyone hasn't read that book I highly suggest it
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: Which do you prefer? - 10/01/05 05:19 PM

The Godfather of course!
Posted By: julioclaudio

Re: Which do you prefer? - 10/07/05 06:55 PM

My ranking
1. The Godfather
2. Omertà
3. The sicilian
4. The last Don
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: Which do you prefer? - 10/07/05 10:28 PM

Gotta go with the Godfather.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Which do you prefer? - 10/09/05 07:50 PM

Quote:
[b] I completely agree with Don Cardi. The Godfather is a much better novel than The Sicilian.
How can you say that! I love the Godfather but the drama of Turi Guiliano and his friend Pisciotta (forgot first name...). They were opposites still and it had one of the best endings! But I haven't "read" the Godfather but i've watched it. [/b][/quote]I think Pisciotta's first name was Aspanu!
Might be wrong but it seems to ring a bell...
And oh yes!
Godfather wins my vote!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET