Home

Which is better, The Last Don or Omerta?

Posted By: mikey04

Which is better, The Last Don or Omerta? - 08/02/03 11:37 PM

I am planning to go out and buy some of Mario Puzo's novels. I have determined that I will certainly buy The Godfather and Fools Die, but I am debating between my third choice, either The Last Don or Omerta. I doubt I will buy both of these last two, so I would like to get opinions on which of the two is better.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Which is better, The Last Don or Omerta? - 08/03/03 04:07 PM

both The Last Don and Omerta are a must have book for fans like us. but if you ask me, i find the Last Don better. Omerta is a short read and also a good one. i suggest you buy it after. . .
Welcome to the Family Mikey04!

GoodFella
Posted By: goodfella4188

Re: Which is better, The Last Don or Omerta? - 08/03/03 04:11 PM

I have not read the Last Don, but I did just recently finish Omerta and it was very good. The main character reminded me of a young Vito Corleone.
Posted By: Snake

Re: Which is better, The Last Don or Omerta? - 08/03/03 07:08 PM

Welcome, Mikey! Like goodfella4188(and welcome to you, too, dude!), I haven't read The Last Don, although the movie/mini-series was, IMHO, terrific. If the book was a template for the show, it's gotta' be great. Omerta was okay, but reading it after having read The Godfather is kinda' like eating at McDonald's after you've tasted the best steak in the world at a classy restaurant.
Posted By: Disaffected

Re: Which is better, The Last Don or Omerta? - 08/03/03 09:01 PM

They are both fine books. But I prefer the Last Don over Omerta.
Posted By: 74transam

Re: Which is better, The Last Don or Omerta? - 08/04/03 03:05 AM

i have read the godfather, the sicilian, the last don, and omerta in that order. u cant go wrong with ne of those books. i just finished omerta last night and it was a great book. i didnt think i was gonna like it from the beginin but it REALLY picked up. but all in all i must say i enjoyed the last don more. the characters were so good. omertas astorre viola was a very memerable character too but the last don was in my opinion a more exciting book. if i had to pick one it would be the last don. also can sum1 tell me how to pronounce atorre?
Posted By: Vinnie_Corleone

Re: Which is better, The Last Don or Omerta? - 08/06/03 02:13 PM

i believe the last don is better. omerta is good but the big scene at the end was a flop.
the last don is similiar to the godfather and thats why its brilliant.
BUY THE LAST DON.
Posted By: Rocky

Re: Which is better, The Last Don or Omerta? - 08/11/03 08:30 PM

Oh, just buy both.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET