Home

Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" *DELETED*

Posted By: Partagas

Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" *DELETED* - 01/01/03 03:02 AM

Post deleted by Partagas
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 01/01/03 10:34 AM

the movie was very disappointing, rent it if you like but don't buy it. its still worth watching one time, but its very far from the book. the only scene i like in the movie was the naked body of the chick. (forgot her name)

GoodFella

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 01/01/03 01:38 PM

i'm not sure of the release date of the movie, in my laser disk the date is 1987. thanks for reminding me, the Duchess is the "naked chick". lol! and if i remember right the widow was'nt in the movie.

GoodFella
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 01/01/03 03:57 PM

I agree totally with goodfellaoggie (he's always right as usual). 99% of opinions of this film say that it's crap and not worth bothering with. I hate it, and was even giving this advice not to watch it. But with me being me I wanted to see it for myself and did.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 01/01/03 06:26 PM

I'm with Goodfella and Turi on this, 100%. Very disappointing.
Posted By: Anthony Vincent Andolini

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 01/03/03 12:28 AM

The book was classic, but the movie was a disappointment. However, I had to see how bad it was for myself and watch it once just to see.
Posted By: DonColletti

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 01/03/03 02:37 AM

When I saw the movie I didn't even want to read the book, but then i came on here and everyone said the movie was crap but the book wasn't, so after The Family, it's on to The Sicilian
Posted By: Captain Howdy

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 01/11/03 02:08 PM

Dude, you may as well watch it if you can rent a copy, but seriously, don't waste your money buying a copy.

The movie version is one huge big pile of festering gazelle crap.

The book however, is legendary. I preferred it to the Godfather. By far.

It was such a shame that the movie did not do the book any justice at all.
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 01/20/03 02:17 PM

Yep, you're all right, the movie really was awful, and the book was so good. I wonder why they didn't stick to the book more, I couldn't have been more disappointed! But there definately should be a remake.
Posted By: Lisabella

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 01/30/03 06:49 PM

I was looking for The Sicilian at Blockbuster. They don't have it at ours either. But I did manage to find it on ebay for 1 penny. I haven't got it yet, but I'm pretty sure it will be a dissapointment since the book was so great. But you can't beat a penny!
Posted By: mafia11

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 02/02/03 04:07 AM

i read the novel
it was a good read but it wasn't great like the godfather novel was
the movie sucked ass
chris lambert playing a sicilian? most of the scenes were extremely boring

http://mafia1110.tripod.com/mymafiabookthecephalonian/
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 02/11/03 01:09 AM

I saw it on the shelf at best buy. I looked at it. Put it next to the Godfather, and laughed( ) to my hearts content.

Sinceramente,

The Don Michael Ferro
Posted By: Lisabella

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 02/23/03 06:43 AM

Partagas,

I just wanted to let you know the movie IS as horrible as everyone says. It doesn't seem to follow the book at all! And that dude they got to play Giuliano sucked big time. It seemed like he dumbed the character up or something. So I wouldn't even bother to see it. I paid a penny for it and it wasn't worth it. But if you do still want to see it you might check the library. They seem to always carry old sucky movies!
Posted By: GodYankee

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 03/03/03 06:59 PM

The book was great, but the movie was the worst I have ever seen.
Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 03/12/03 05:26 PM

Doesn't it just piss you off to no end how a Mario Puzo classic can be brutalized on film?

I'm still crossing my fingers for the Omerta movie. That would make my year!
Posted By: Blake

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 03/16/03 07:19 PM

Thats why we have to respect FFC for doing a good movie on a good book.Hopefully they dont ruin omerta.

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 03/18/03 03:44 AM

that's the reason why The Sicilian is worth watching even one time, to tell the other members how dissappointing the movie was!

GoodFella
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 03/18/03 04:09 PM

Oggie, you the man, very funny pal.
Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 03/18/03 07:56 PM

Mirimax is supposed to do Omerta. But should they fuck that movie up the rivers will flow with the blood of the none believers!!!
Posted By: RosarioAlaia

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 04/26/03 03:11 AM

What everyone is saying is true. What a friggin' waste of celluloid. Chris Lambert a Sicilian hero? I bought the film at a close out for $1.99, still haven't finished watching it-that was 1994. The book the Sicilian, is a wonderful book, but, it is a complete rip off by Puzo. It is not fiction, but a factual distortion that I am glad that he wrote. I read a first hand treatment of Turi, written in Sicilian. Then I found a book written by Turi's sister, Marianna Giuliano, and it is entitled, "My Brother, Salvatore Giuliano-The True Story". It is published by Arnone and I purchased it on line about two years ago. It has her account as well as poems,lyrics, and letters written by Turi himself. Of course, entirely in English. After reading this, you'll understand my statement about Puzo. I'm in agreement though, this book NEEDS TO BE TURNED INTO A PROPER FILM!
Posted By: gregunited

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 05/16/03 10:55 AM

the sicilian is of poor quality and is nothing like the book. ok at first i gotta say, not reading the book, i thought it was good but wen i read the book my opinion changed from good to diaster. the film never commented on turi's parents, new bits were placed in that didnt apear in the book, no mention of la venera or justina, instead theres a different woman, i forget her name, no mention of fra diavolo,giulianos death is different than in the book and dons croce name has changed from croce malo to masssino croce.
very poor. very dissapointing the director of the film should be frying burgers for living. rent the film DONT buy it isnt worth the money.
Posted By: B. B. Cheese

Re: Who has seen the movie "The Sicilian" - 06/14/03 07:18 PM

interesting....haven't even heard of it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET