if Omerta was to be turned into a movie, then i would see:

marc anthony as astorre
laura san giacomo as nicole
queen latifa as the bad cop
johnny depp as cilke

any other suggestions?
Posted By: Rocky

Re: Omerta Casting - 01/17/02 05:00 AM

Boy Mike, you sure like that Laura San Giacomo. Personally, I can't stand her on Just Shoot Me or any of those movies she's done.

As for casting her as Nicole, I would be more disgusted than I was when I saw Sofia Coppola in GFIII. I really don't find either one that attractive, and I don't care for thier acting either.

That's my opinion.
Posted By: Francis The Kid Forducci

Re: Omerta Casting - 01/21/02 08:16 PM

Johnny Depp as Astorre
Cameron Diaz as Nicole
Salma Hayek as Rosie
Edward Norton as Kurt Cilke
De Niro as Don Aprile
Posted By: DonAlx

Re: Omerta Casting - 01/22/02 01:10 AM

johnny dep and de niro in the same movie? that would be awesome. if you would add pacino it could either make it or break it, maybe too much of a good thing is bad in that situation.
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Omerta Casting - 01/22/02 04:22 PM

How about that actress from the CBS show "King of Queens" as Nicole?
Posted By: Anthony Spilotro

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/07/02 05:13 AM

I'd put Ralph Macchio as Cilke definately.
Posted By: Liz_85

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/09/02 03:37 AM

Johnny Depp would work really well as Astorre, and I thought that the chemistry between him and Annne Hecht in Donnie Brasco was good, so I think she'd do well as Nicole.
I may have gotten the characters mixed up here, I haven't read the book for awhile. Nicole was the girl that had a thing with Astorre when they were kids right?
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/10/02 07:49 PM

Erm, I havn't read the book for a while now but I thought Nicole was his sister. Wasn't Rose the girl from his childhood?

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/11/02 05:50 AM

If I'm remembering right Rosie was his school girl thing, but Nicole is the daughter of the guy who took Astorre in.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/13/02 11:57 AM

So who was the sister?

I think it's been too long since we have all read this book.
Posted By: Biggtone23

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/13/02 07:47 PM

There is no real sister. Nicole is kind of his stepsister because she was daughter of Don Aprile, who took him in. Rosie was the girl he meet in London while learning the banking business
Posted By: Salvatore

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/14/02 12:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Francis The Kid

Cameron Diaz as Nicole

Cameron Diaz doesn't look italian, and she doesn't look like the book description

Cheers
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/15/02 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:
How about that actress from the CBS show "King of Queens" as Nicole?
Don Corpuzzi,

As I read the first post, I was thinking about the same exact actress! Then I scrolled down, and there was your post suggesting the same actress. Her name is Leia Remini. Perfect for the part!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Francis The Kid Forducci

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/16/02 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Salvatore:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Francis The Kid

Cameron Diaz as Nicole

Cameron Diaz doesn't look italian, and she doesn't look like the book description

Cheers
Is Marlon Brando italian? And if you knew anything about the book, you would know that Nicole was half-italian. If Cameron Diaz can't play an italian, how come she's starring in Scorsece's new mafia movie?

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/17/02 10:53 AM

Where is Cameron Diaz from? I've always wondered. Someone told me once she was Polish but I don't think that's right.
Posted By: Salvatore

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/18/02 12:30 PM

I know that Brando is not italian, but what I meant is that I can't imagine Cameron Diaz as Nicole, perhaps she could be Rosie.

"Diaz" is a spanish last name, but I don't know where her roots are from.

Cheers
Posted By: Michael_Corleone

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/21/02 02:31 AM

if i'm not mistaken, i believe cameron diaz's father hails from cuba

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/23/02 01:48 AM

Cuba? Wow, I never would have guessed that one.
Posted By: Michael_Corleone

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/24/02 06:57 PM

are talks of the Omerta film now defunct?
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Omerta Casting - 02/27/02 11:48 PM

That is what happens..you start with one topic and it moves like a snake to something else.
Posted By: Al_Neri

Re: Omerta Casting - 03/04/02 02:33 PM

I'm reading this book now [ and I haven't finished, so please NO SPOILERS ], and I've naturally cast Garcia as Astorre, and Ed Harris as Cilke. I'm not a fan of Depp as Astorre really, but I like the idea of Norton as Cilke as someone mentioned. I also like Laura San Giacomo as Nicole. I think she has the right look.
I also think that Gwyneth Paltrow could be Rosie - she has a very loving look, but can also be quite cold.
De Nero/Pacino - great for the Don - I would prefer Pacino.
Posted By: QueenAssassin

Re: Omerta Casting - 03/25/02 04:34 AM

I just finished reading the book, so while i still have a crisp memory of the characters. Here's my fantasy cast:

Don Aprile - Al Pacino
Astorre - David Fumero (not too sure)
Nicole - Kirstie Alley
Rosie - Cameron Diaz
Cilke - Edward Norton
Aspinela - That black girl from "Pulp Fiction"

I would probably go out and hold an audition to find people who fit the description rather than find it through mainstream actors.
Posted By: Snake

Re: Omerta Casting - 03/25/02 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:
[b]How about that actress from the CBS show "King of Queens" as Nicole?
Don Corpuzzi,

As I read the first post, I was thinking about the same exact actress! Then I scrolled down, and there was your post suggesting the same actress. Her name is Leia Remini. Perfect for the part!

Don Cardi[/b][/quote]Leah Remini's perfect for ANY part! And all her parts are PERFECT! The best of both worlds!! Oops! Sorry, Camillus Don! I'm straying like a Snake, aren't I?!?
Posted By: Ricardo

Re: Omerta Casting - 03/26/02 12:03 AM

I'm 3 chapters into the book, use your SPOLER warning, please.

But, Nicole, Marcantonio, Verius(sp?) are sons and daughter of Raymonde Aprile. Astorre Viola sis on of Vincenzo Zeno/later Frank Viola/then Don Aprile.

When they were teenagers Nicole/Astorre had a *fling*. They made love, YES, they made love. I can't believe they kill Aprile! He was a little too Vito Corleone tho, if you ask me.

I haven't made it to Rosie or Aspinella yet.

Are Heskows and Sturzos big characters? Tommoro Pintella?

Re: Omerta Casting - 03/28/02 03:59 AM

I'm not far into the book yet, but I'm far enough to know that Leah Remini MUST play the part of Nicole!! (Ok, I'll shaddup about her now!)
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: Omerta Casting - 03/30/02 06:45 PM

I, too don't think that Diaz could play an italian, while brando was made too look italian because as Coppolla an Puzo saw it, he was the only actor who had the on screen prescence to play Vito. I think, probably a few people could play Nicole as well as Diaz, plus her look is too American.

Also, i think that Scorcesi's new movie, if your talking about Gangs of New York, isn't actually a Mafia movie.

Re: Omerta Casting - 03/31/02 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by the angel of justice:
I, too don't think that Diaz could play an italian, while brando was made too look italian because as Coppolla an Puzo saw it, he was the only actor who had the on screen prescence to play Vito. I think, probably a few people could play Nicole as well as Diaz, plus her look is too American.

Also, i think that Scorcesi's new movie, if your talking about Gangs of New York, isn't actually a Mafia movie.
its an irish gang movie pre-civil war!

Re: Omerta Casting - 04/04/02 02:50 AM

Earlier someone suggested Queen Latifah as Aspinella Washington. I would actually like to see Angela Bassett (Tina Turner in What's Love Got to Do With It?) in this role. She is a great actress, and seems physically fit for the part.

I'd like to see Andy Garcia in the role of Astorre Viola. I think that Marcantonio and Valerius Aprile should be played by actors who aren't big names, since they're not important to the story.

Like I mentioned earlier, I think that the actress from "King of Queens" should be cast as Nicole Aprile if she can pull off the acting. I've never seen her in anything but comedies, so I guess we'd have to wait and see.

Cilke should be played by Robert Patrick (the bad terminator in T2). Don Raymonde Aprile should be played by Pacino.

Re: Omerta Casting - 04/04/02 04:03 AM

Quote:
I'd like to see Andy Garcia in the role of Astorre Viola...Like I mentioned earlier, I think that the actress from "King of Queens" should be cast as Nicole Aprile...Cilke should be played by Robert Patrick (the bad terminator in T2). Don Raymonde Aprile should be played by Pacino.
Perfect casting, Don Corpuzzi! Patrick, as most of you probably already know, plays a great F.B.I. agent on The X-Files. (God, I'm gonna miss that show!) Leah Remini...need I say more?!? I can definitely see Garcia as Astore and Pacino as Aprile!

Re: Omerta Casting - 04/05/02 03:23 PM

Quote:
Earlier someone suggested Queen Latifah as Aspinella Washington. I would actually like to see Angela Bassett (Tina Turner in What's Love Got to Do With It?) in this role. She is a great actress, and seems physically fit for the part.

I'd like to see Andy Garcia in the role of Astorre Viola. I think that Marcantonio and Valerius Aprile should be played by actors who aren't big names, since they're not important to the story.

Like I mentioned earlier, I think that the actress from "King of Queens" should be cast as Nicole Aprile if she can pull off the acting. I've never seen her in anything but comedies, so I guess we'd have to wait and see.

Cilke should be played by Robert Patrick (the bad terminator in T2). Don Raymonde Aprile should be played by Pacino.
i imagined storre as Garcia the WHOLE book lol.!

If nopt Garcia could play a bit part, a sCorleone on Michael Grazziella.

DeNiro or Pesci? Caan or Duvall? anywhere possibly?

What about Portella?

Marcantonio could be Marc Antony! lol

Re: Omerta Casting - 04/09/02 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
DeNiro or Pesci? Caan or Duvall? anywhere possibly?
I don't think Omerta should be just a re-casting of the Godfather movies. It's a totally different story, in more modern times.

Re: Omerta Casting - 04/10/02 08:45 PM

Aspinella Washington = Grace Jones (except, man! is she ugly!)
Posted By: Don Munoz

Re: Omerta Casting - 04/14/02 04:17 AM

How about Marlon Brando as Portella or even Raymonde?

Anyways, I was also imagined Garcia throughout the book and Astorre. Robert patrick is an excellent choice as Cilke. Angela Basset or even Halle Berry would be a good choice for Aspinella Washington.

Re: Omerta Casting - 04/15/02 06:07 PM

Did you see Brando in The Score? He's not looking too good these days.

Re: Omerta Casting - 04/15/02 09:36 PM

I haven't read Omerta in a while, but I thought Don Aprile was old and over weight. Same with Portella. If so, Brando fits the bill.

Re: Omerta Casting - 04/20/02 02:02 AM

He may be a little too young, but otherwise I think James Gandolifini (Tony Soprano) would be a great Portella. Their character traits are virtually identical. But whaddoIknow?

Re: Omerta Casting - 04/20/02 04:09 PM

James Gandlofini is actually a good choice.
Posted By: Daniel Corleone

Re: Omerta Casting - 06/05/02 04:20 AM

Don Raymonde Aprile – Marlon Brando
Don Vincenzo Zeno – Robert DeNiro
Mr. Pryor – Robert Duvall
Octavius Bianco – Al Pacino
Astorre Viola – Edward Norton (cool yet dangerous/flexible talent/needs to have green contact lenses though, lol)
Aldo Monza – Antonio Banderas (if you saw Assassin, you know why I chose him)
Don Craxxi – Joe Mantegna (originally from Chicago)
Kurt Cilke – Johnny Depp (just phenomenal as a cop/also amazing when temperamental)
Nicole – Catherine Zeta Jones or Salma Hayek
Rosie – Winona Ryder (gorgeous and can be dangerous = The Crucible meets Heathers )
Georgette Cilke – Cameron Diaz
Aspinella Washington – Halle Berry
Marianno Rubio – Andy Garcia
Timmona Portella – Gastone Moschin (aka. Fanucci/hefty and dangerous)
Sturzo (Franky and Stace) brothers – Twins killed in Godfather III
John Heskow – Ralph Fiennes (for his German look/see him as Amon Goeth in Schindlers List)
Inzio Tulippa – Ed Harris

Director - FFC or Martin Scorcese

I just wish Miramax would be smart enough to cast my choices (or complete the film), hehehe. Anymore suggestions/comments?
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: Omerta Casting - 06/25/02 01:18 AM

That's gonna be one hell of a budget needed for that film, it's got practically every actor from every mafia film ever made

Also i think Venus Williams for Aspinella Washington.

Re: Omerta Casting - 06/25/02 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by the angel of justice:
That's gonna be one hell of a budget needed for that film, it's got practically every actor from every mafia film ever made

Also i think Venus Williams for Aspinella Washington.
Damn I thought teh same thing, lol. Oh well its what I came up with when I was thinking for the porrible parts to be portrayed by actors. Wouldnt be cool if it indeed happened? (well for the main characters at least).
Posted By: canaveral6

Re: Omerta Casting - 07/12/02 08:22 PM

Astorre-Ray Liota
Limona-Andy Garcia
Bianco-Paul Sorvino
Buji-Penelope Cruz
Lion of Polermo-Tom Sizemore
Don Zeno-Marlon Brando
Posted By: Blake

Re: Omerta Casting - 07/13/02 03:57 AM

That would be cool if Marc Anthony could act!

Re: Omerta Casting - 07/18/02 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blake Peters:
That would be cool if Marc Anthony could act!
Just curious. Which character would he play if he knew how to act.

DC
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET